Winter trivia questions and answers printable general knowledge winter season interesting facts winter quizzes GK quiz free online in English is for you!
Winter has here, whether we like it or not. Because temperatures are fast falling and it’s time to get serious about our comfort levels, hopefully, all of your apparel is dry cleaned and your winter boots are out of storage with winter trivia questions and answers printable.
Take a minute to read these 100 facts about winter, winter trivia questions, and answers printable, which are considerably more intriguing than “Winter is chilly.” Regardless of one’s feelings on the season, no one can dispute that it is a fascinating time for animals, the environment, and humans in general with these winter trivia questions and answers printable.
100 Winter Trivia Questions And Answers Printable Quiz Facts
Let’s find below 100 winter trivia questions and answers printable
1. Which ancient stone monument is aligned with the winter solstice sunset?
2. Snowflakes are actually of what color?
translucent, not white
3. The word “solstice” means what?
“sun stands still”
4. The Winter Derby is a Group 3 flat horse race in Great Britain held at Lingfield Park during which months?
February or March
5. The lowest temperature ever recorded occurred at what place?
Antarctica’s Vostok Station. It was -98.2 degrees Celsius (-128.6 degrees Fahrenheit) on July 21, 1983!
6. What is Biathlon?
A winter sport
7. From November 22 to December 21, what zodiac sign is it?
8. Winter Festival of Lights takes place in which country during winter?
Niagra Falls, Ontario, Canada
9. Fat biking is a winter sport — true or false?
10. Which major sports event have never been held in the Southern Hemisphere, and no country has ever applied to host them?
The Winter Olympics
11. What is the name of House Stark’s ancestral house in the HBO series Game of Thrones?
12. What is the shortest day of the year, when Earth is closest to the sun in December
13. February is named after the ancient Roman purification festival “Februa,” which took place every year on what date?
14. A black bear’s pulse can drop to how many beats during winter?
8 beats per minute in the winter (from 40 or so in the summer)
15. What is the name of a famous winter festival that takes place in Miami Beach?
Winter Party Festival in Miami Beach
16. Which basic sled, unlike other sleds or sleighs, has no runners or skis on the underside (or only low ones)?
17. 6. Reykjavik Winter Lights Festival takes place in which country during winter?
18. During the winter, which New Zealand bug freezes solid?
The Weta restarts its operations as the temperatures rise.
19. What is a pretty strange winter Olympic sport that involves sliding large stones towards a target?
20. What did the public festivities conducted on the frozen Thames during the 17th and 18th centuries get their name?
Frost fares (the last was in 1812)
21. Shovel racing, a dangerous winter sport was invented in which city in the 1970s?
22. During what process in winter, black bears can go for up to 100 days without food?
23. What is the name of a famous winter festival that takes place in New Orleans?
New Orleans’ Mardi Gras
24. Where in fiction is the kingdom of talking animals and mythological creatures that has been governed by a White Witch for 100 years of severe winter?
Narnia (in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe)
25. Skijoring is a winter sport and a part of the Olympics — true or false?
False, not a part of the Olympics
26. “Febris” is a Latin term that means what?
“purification” or “purgation”
27. Frozen Dead Guys Day takes place in which country during winter?
28. The inaugural Winter Olympics, which took place in 1924, were held at the foot of which mountain?
Mont Blanc (the site was Chamonix, France)
29. Name some movies that depict Winter as a key character.
- Whiteout (2009)
- The Day after Tomorrow (2004)
- The Thing (1982, 2011)
- The Colony (2013)
- Alive (1993)
- The Grey (2010, 2013)
- Wind Chill (2007)
- Frozen (2010, 2013)
30. In which city in February 1999, the biggest documented snowman was created?
In Bethel, Maine. It stood at a towering height of 113 feet.
31. How long was the ice age?
The Ice Ages spanned 2.4 million years and ended 11,500 years ago.
32. What winter sport has the moniker “the roaring game”?
33. Even today, at the start of winter, which Indians of British Columbia change their names and take on the names of their ancestors?
The Kwakiutl Indians. They think that by doing so, they will be protected from the ghosts of the dead, who are known to return at this time of year.
34. Where was Dog sledding originated?
35. In April 1815, the Mount Tambora volcano in which nation erupted, causing a ‘Year without Summer’ in the Northern Hemisphere?
36. In which Hemisphere, the Winter Solstice marks the start of the longest night and the start of the shortest day.
37. An hour was 45 minutes in the winter and 75 minutes in the summer because which civilization utilized sun and darkness to calculate the time?
38. Hwacheaon Sancheoneo Ice Festival takes place in which country during winter?
Hwacheon, South Korea
39. How many snow particles fall from the sky every winter?
At least one septillion (one followed by 24 zeros)
40. Some of the best snow for snowmobiling can be found in where?
Yellowstone National Park
41. The Winter of Discontent was a period in the United Kingdom during which public sector trade unions went on strike, seeking higher pay; who was Prime Minister at the time?
James Callaghan (1978-79)
42. Winter lasts from June through which month in the Southern Hemisphere?
43. More than twice as many Americans die from the cold in the winter as from the heat in the summer — true or false?
44. What is the total number of sides on all snowflakes?
45. Sunsets are usually more beautiful in the winter, why?
Cold, dry air is clearer than humidified summer air, allowing the sun’s hues to shine through more vividly
46. What is an irrational fear of snow?
47. Which William Shakespeare’s play opens with the line “Now is the winter of our discontent”?
48. Harbin Ice & Snow Sculpture Festival takes place in which country during winter?
49. Winter is derived from which nation?
the Germanic winter, which is derived from the root wed, which means ‘wet’ or ‘water,’ and so denotes a wet season.
50. The storm must endure at least three hours in order to have which natural phenomenon?
51. Seasons are created by the tilt of the Earth’s rotating axis, which is inclined at about 23.4 degrees — true or false?
52. In 1924, the inaugural Winter Olympics took place in which city?
53. In which city may you visit the Winter Palace?
54. While the winter solstice is the year’s shortest day, seasonal lag means that the coldest period generally occurs a few weeks ____ the solstice.
55. Which Christmas song is based on a poem by Christina Rossetti, an English poet?
In the Bleak Midwinter
56. During the Winter Solstice, on what date, the Pilgrims arrived in Plymouth?
December 21, 1620
57. Dragon Carnival takes place in which country during winter?
58. Winter in which Hemisphere lasts from the Winter Solstice (which varies between December 20 and 22) until the Vernal Equinox (varying between 19 and 21 March)?
the Northern Hemisphere
59. Menopause begins earlier in the winter than in the spring or fall, with a lower peak in the summer — true or false?
60. Snowstorms may dump what volume of snow in a single day.
39 million tons
61. In the 1968 historical period drama The Lion in Winter, in which James Bond actor made his cinematic debut?
62. Why some believed the world would end on that day?
Because the 2012 winter solstice matched the year 126.96.36.199 in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar used by the Mayans,
63. The world record for snowfall is held by which location in Washington state, which received 1,140 inches of snow during the 1998–1999 winter season?
Mt. Baker ski resort
64. What is chionophobia, or a strong aversion or fear of?
65. During the Winter Solstice, on what date, Pierre and Marie Curie discovered radium?
December 21, 1898
66. The Earth’s orbit around the Sun has only a little impact on the Earth’s seasons — true or false?
67. Winter Jazz Festival (Vinterjazz) takes place in which country during winter?
68. With a worldwide box office revenue of $1.097 billion, which Disney film is the highest-grossing animated musical film of all time and the 9th highest-grossing film of all time?
69. Which fruit has a ‘Winter Banana’ variety?
70. Winters in the Southern Hemisphere are usually milder than those in the Northern Hemisphere — true or false?
True. This is due to the Southern Hemisphere’s lack of land and preference for a marine environment.
71. Which seasons in the Southern Hemisphere are usually warmer than those in the Northern Hemisphere?
Winters. This is due to the Southern Hemisphere’s lack of land and preference for a marine climate.
72. Which location in the USA has the second top record of the greatest snow with 63 inches on December 4, 1913?
73. Burning the Clocks is an annual winter solstice celebration held in which coastal resort?
74. Which civilization believed that evil spirits roam the Earth and that on this night, the energies of the destructive spirit Ahriman are the most strong?
75. Which city receives more snowfall than any other large city in the world?
In northern Japan, the city of Aomori. On average, people receive 312 inches of snow each year, or nearly 26 feet
76. On January 28, 1887, a 15-inch-wide, 8-inch-thick snowflake landed at which city?
Fort Keogh, Montana. It’s included in the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s biggest snowflake.
77. What is the name of the famous winter festival that takes place in Cologne, Germany?
Cologne Winter Carnival
78. In the history of the Winter Olympics, which country has won the most medals?
79. The average snowflake travels at what speed?
around 3 miles per hour
80. During the Winter Solstice, on what date, the Apollo 8 mission was launched?
December 21, 1968
81. Which country’s winter climate is commonly referred to as “general winter”?
82. Sapporo Snow Festival takes place in which country during winter?
83. One inch of rain in the summer turns into roughly how many inches of snow in the winter?
84. Women are how much more likely to orgasm if their feet are warm, according to research?
85. What famous tale begins with the statement, “Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents!”
86. What is the name of a famous winter festival that takes place in Park City, Utah, Salt Lake City?
Sundance Film Festival
87. Men evaluated photos of women’s breasts and bodies as more beautiful in the winter months than they did in the summer — true or false?
88. Shetland Viking Festival takes place during winter in which country?
89. Which singer’s song “A Winter’s Tale” hit number two on the UK singles chart in January 1983?
90. In the United States, the greatest snow ever recorded near a 24-hour period was 76 inches in what place, in 1921?
Silver Lake, Colorado
91. On February 17, 2007, which US city set a world record for the most snow angels produced in one day?
Bismarck, North Dakota: 8,962 kids from many schools built them all at the same time.
92. On the winter solstice, what Iranian celebration takes place?
Yalda. Friends and family come to dine, drink, and read poetry on this night, which usually lasts until beyond midnight.
93. Las Fallas festival takes place during winter in which country?
94. There are two types of gasoline, named what?
winter blend and summer blend, which is one of the reasons why gas prices rise in the spring.
95. For both men and women, cold winter weather dulls sexual feelings, and lower body temperatures reduce desire – true or false?
96. What natural phenomenon occurs when visibility is decreased to 14 miles or less and winds reach 35 miles per hour or higher?
97. What is the name of the famous winter festival that takes place in Rio de Janeiro?
Carnival in Rio de Janeiro
98. The Winter War was a military war between which country and the Soviet Union?
Finland (in 1939-40)
99. Which festival takes place 40 days before Easter and ends on fat Tuesday?
Venice’s Carnevale- Venice, Italy
100. What is a blizzard?
a bad snowstorm
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 50 Evergreen 90s TV Show Trivia Questions Answers MCQ
- 100 Trivia about Germany Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about Spain Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about France Printable Interesting Facts
- 125 Trivia about Ireland Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about China Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about Australia Printable Interesting Facts
- 130 Trivia About Japan Printable – Japan Interesting Facts
- 130 Trivia Questions Canada Printable for Basic Learners
- 100 Trivia about Mexico – Trivia de Mexico for Everyone
- 60 Easy Baseball Trivia Multiple Choice Questions
- 100 Basketball Trivia for Kids Multiple Choice MCQ
- 100 80s Movie Trivia Quiz Multiple Choice Evergreen
- 100 Questions and Answers about History for Challengers
- 100 World History Trivia Questions and Answers
- 80 World History Questions and Answers with Twist
- 100 Amazing 90s Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
- 111 Funny Trivia Questions And Answers Printable
- 100 Printable Trivia Questions and Answers Multiple Choice
- 111 Big Bang Theory Trivia Questions and Answer
winter trivia quiz
winter holiday trivia
winter trivia questions
winter trivia questions and answers
winter quiz questions
snow trivia questions and answers
winter wonderland trivia questions
winter trivia questions and answers printable
winter weather trivia questions and answers
winter holiday trivia questions and answers
winter quiz questions and answers
general winter trivia
winter movie trivia
winter themed trivia questions
quiz questions about snow
quiz questions about winter
canadian winter trivia questions and answers
winter holiday trivia questions
winter themed quiz questions
fun winter trivia
fun winter trivia questions and answers
winter animal trivia
cold weather trivia questions and answers
winter quizzes and answers
trivia questions about snow
winter themed trivia
winter trivia with answers
winter trivia printable