January trivia questions and answers printable quiz in the English language free online January facts January quizzes January general knowledge questions answers is ready for you.
You will see in this January trivia questions and answers the January quiz, the origin of January, and many other facts, such as in the Julian and Gregorian calendars, January is the first month of the year and the first of seven months with a duration of 31 days. New Year’s Day is the first day of each month.
January trivia questions and answers Janaury Quiz
Let’s solve these January trivia questions quiz and answers English printable online interesting facts:
1. What is the birth flower in January?
The dianthus caryophullus, often known as the carnation
2. January is the coldest month of the year within most of which Hemisphere?
Northern Hemisphere, where January is the second month of winter
3. In Slovene, January is traditionally called what?
4. Which horseracing was held on January 3, 2021?
Santa Ynez Stakes
5. What is Veganuary?
An annual campaign in the Uk that is celebrated in January in order to promote the vegan lifestyle
6. How the name of January originated?
January is named after the Roman deity Janus, who is typically portrayed as having two heads. He looks back on the previous year with one head and ahead towards the New Year with the other!
7. On January 1, 1892, which island begins as an Immigration gateway?
8. When was Ellis Island opened, allowing nearly 20 million individuals to enter the country?
January 1, 1892
9. Frederick William IV, Mid-19th century King of Prussia was died on what date?
January 2, 1861 (age 65)
10. On what date, George Washington unfurled the Grand Union Flag, America’s first national flag, during the American Revolution?
January 1, 1776
11. According to Theodor Mommsen, in which AUC of the Roman calendar, 1 January became the first day of the year (153 BC)?
12. On what day in 1901, the Commonwealth of Australia was proclaimed?
13. The Tube, or London’s enormous subway system the first functioning subterranean railway, was opened on what date?
January 10, 1863
14. What is the month of January called in the Hungarian language?
15. The Republic of China (Taiwan) was created on January 1 in which year?
16. 2021 24 Hours of Daytona Endurance horseracing was held in which country?
17. Which horseracing was held on January 9, 2021?
La Canada Stakes
18. Guccio Gucci, the famous Italian fashion designer and founder of The House of Gucci was died on what date?
January 2, 1953 (age 71)
19. According to ancient Roman observance, Cervula and Juvenalia were celebrated on what date?
20. 2021 UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships was held in January in which country?
21. The British founded the first penal colony in which country in January 1788 to alleviate overcrowded English jails?
22. On January 1 in 1935 which first game was started?
Orange Bowl Game
23. January is the warmest month of the year within most of which Hemisphere?
Southern Hemisphere, where it is the second month of summer
24. What is the month of January called in the Norwegian language?
25. What was one of the ancient names of January which comes from the Anglo-Saxons?
“Wulfmonath” since it was the month when hungry wolves would come scavenging, is one of the ancient names for January.
26. In 1863, Abraham Lincoln issues the Emancipation Proclamation freeing many slaves on what date?
27. Famous Physicist, Heinrich Hertz was died on what date at the age of only 36?
January 1, 1894
28. On what date in 1937, Federal Old-Age Pensions started?
29. In which year’s January 1, The Euro currency was introduced?
30. The first-ever Emmy Awards were held on what date in 1949?
January 25, 1949
31. In which year’s January 1, Alcatraz Island becomes a U.S. federal prison.
32. What is kind of sport is the Pegasus World Cup & Turf held on January 23, 2021?
33. 2020 Copa Libertadores Final was held in January in which country?
34. On January 1, 1801, The first known asteroid, 1 Ceres, is discovered by whom?
35. Which Roman emperor added the 31st day to the month, making it the entire month of January that we currently celebrate?
36. What is the month of January called in the Portuguese language?
37. In which year’s January 1, Albany replaces New York City as the capital of New York?
38. January was known as what by King Charlemagne, which meant “winter/cold month.”?
39. Which queen was forced to abdicate that led Hawaii’s monarchy to come to an end on On the 24th of January?
40. Name some famous figures who were born in January.
- Joan of Arc: January 6, Circa 1412
- Zora Neale Hurston: January 7, 1891
- David Bowie: January 8, 1947
- Elvis Presley: January 8, 1935
- Simone de Beauvoir: January 9, 1908
- Alexander Hamilton: January 11, 1755
- Martin Luther King Jr.: January 15, 1929
- Muhammad Ali: January 17, 1942
- Virginia Woolf: January 25, 1882
- Bessie Coleman: January 26, 1892
- Franklin D. Roosevelt: January 30, 1882
41. IBSF Junior World Championships 2021 was held in January in which country?
42. On what day in 1930, The first-ever Mickey Mouse cartoon appeared in newspapers throughout the U.S.?
43. In 1947 Great Britain nationalized Coal mines on what date?
44. What is the month of January called in the Romanian language?
45. Which one formally became the 49th state of the United States on January 3, 1959?
46. What is the month of January called in Spanish?
47. In which year’s January 1, United Nations was established?
48. January is the second month of winter — true or false?
49. The Roman calendar originally contained only ten months, excluding which two months?
January and February
50. In which year’s January 8, Connecticut became the first state to pass a copyright statute?
51. In which language, January is called enero?
52. In which Hemisphere, January is often the coldest month of the year.
53. What is the month of January called in French?
54. 2021 World Men’s Handball Championship was held in January in which country?
55. On January 1, 1982, which Russian engineer who invented the cathode ray tube, died?
56. January always begins on the same day as to which two months in leap years?
April and July
57. In which year’s January 2, The U.S. Patent Office was renamed “U.S. Patent and Trademark Office” to incorporate its new function as a trademarking center?
58. In 1947, Great Britain nationalises Railways on what date?
59. In which language, January is called januar?
60. Traditionally, the original Roman calendar consisted of 10 months totaling how many days?
61. What is the month of January called in Latin?
62. In which century did European countries formally reinstate January 1 as the start of the New Year, a practice known as Circumcision Style?
The 16th century
63. 2021 Judo World Masters was held in January in which country?
64. What is the Southern Hemisphere’s equal to January in terms of temperature?
65. The name of the full moon occurring in January is called what?
The Wolf Moon
66. UK joined The EEC on what day in 1973?
67. According to ancient Roman observance, Carmentalia was celebrated on what date?
68. What is the month of January called in Danish?
69. In which language, January is called Ocak?
70. January became the first month of the calendar year under which emperor?
Either under Numa or under the Decemvirs about 450 BC
71. Canada introduced the national sales tax on January 1 in which year?
72. In which year’s January Influenza Epidemic death toll crossed over 200,000?
73. What is the first of seven 31-day months?
74. What is Independence Day in Myanmar?
75. What is the month of January called in Chinese (Mandarin)?
76. What is your birthstone if you were born in January?
77. In which language, January is called tháng một?
78. Why did Ruler Numa Pompilius, the second king of Rome added to months to the Roman calendar?
In order to make calendars equal to the lunar year (354 days)
79. What is the symbol of Aquarius, one of the star signs of January?
80. What is the name of the event that some people in the United Kingdom observe to persuade individuals to abstain from consuming alcohol for a month in the name of public health?
81. What is Dakar Rally that was held in January 2021 in Saudi Arabia?
Rally Raid (Sports)
82. The Japanese floral emblem of January is what?
the camellia (Camellia sinensis)
83. What is the month of January called in the Polish language?
84. According to ancient Roman observance, one of three Agonalia was celebrated on what date?
85. What is Independence Day in Nauru?
86. 2021 World Indoor Bowls Championship was held in January in which country?
87. The Sham Stakes was held on what date in 2021?
January 2, 2021
88. In which year’s January, Ibrox Park stadium Disaster took place in Glasgow, Scotland?
89. European Central Bank was created on January 1 in which year?
90. What are the two zodiac signs in January?
Capricorn (until January 19) and Aquarius (until the end of the month).
91. What is the symbol of Capricorn, one of the star signs of January?
92. What is the month of January called in the Swedish language?
93. What is the name of the event that has been conducted annually in Pasadena, California since 1890?
the Rose Parade
94. 2021 FIL European Luge Championships was held in January in which country?
95. In which language, January, the month of tammikuu means the heart of the winter, and because the name literally means “oak moon”?
96. The addition of January and February to the Roman calendar is credited to which ruler?
Ruler Numa Pompilius, the second king of Rome
97. Name some of the celebrations in January.
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Australia Day
98. What does January’s birthstone garnet represent?
99. Name some of the month-long celebrations of January.
- Dry January (United Kingdom)
- Alzheimer’s Awareness Month (Canada)
- Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month (United States)
- Stalking Awareness Month (United States)
- National Book Month
- National Thank You Month
- National Eye Care Month
- National Volunteer Blood Donor Month
- National Soup Month
- National Mentoring Month (United States)
- National Healthy Weight Awareness Month (United States)
- National Codependency Awareness Month (United States)
100. Couples are more likely to split or divorce in January than in any other month of the year — true or false?
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 50 Evergreen 90s TV Show Trivia Questions Answers MCQ
- 100 Trivia about Germany Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about Spain Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about France Printable Interesting Facts
- 125 Trivia about Ireland Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about China Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about Australia Printable Interesting Facts
- 130 Trivia About Japan Printable – Japan Interesting Facts
- 130 Trivia Questions Canada Printable for Basic Learners
- 100 Trivia about Mexico – Trivia de Mexico for Everyone
- 60 Easy Baseball Trivia Multiple Choice Questions
- 100 Basketball Trivia for Kids Multiple Choice MCQ
- 100 80s Movie Trivia Quiz Multiple Choice Evergreen
- 100 Questions and Answers about History for Challengers
- 100 World History Trivia Questions and Answers
- 80 World History Questions and Answers with Twist
- 100 Amazing 90s Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
- 111 Funny Trivia Questions And Answers Printable
- 100 Printable Trivia Questions and Answers Multiple Choice
- 111 Big Bang Theory Trivia Questions and Answer