February trivia questions and answers February quiz general knowledge February interesting facts online quiz in English printable is here.
We will discuss in this February trivia questions and answers quiz facts that, Amburbium (exact date unknown), Sementivae (February 2), Februa (February 13–15), Lupercalia (February 13–15), Parentalia (February 13–22), Quirinalia (February 17), Feralia (February 21), Caristia (February 22), Terminalia (February 23), Regifugium (February 24), and Agonium Martiale (February 24) were all February observances in Ancient Rome (February 27). The current Gregorian calendar does not correlate to these days.
The month of February is one of the most commonly misspelled terms in the English language. Even the White House has made the mistake of misprinting the word “February” in a news release!
The Alpha Centaurids (early February), the Beta Leonids, also known as the March Virginids (February 14 to April 25, peaking around March 20), the Delta Cancrids (December 14 to February 14, peaking on January 17), the Omicron Centaurids (late January through February, peaking in mid-February), and the Theta Centaurids (January 23 – March 20) are all meteor showers that occur in February (February 13 and April 8, peaking between March 3 and March 9).
February Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Interesting Facts
Let’s solve these February trivia questions quiz and answers English printable online interesting facts:
1. What was the date of birth of George Washington?
February 22, 1732
2. What is the 29th day of February being called?
3. On what date in 1943, WWII: the German Sixth Army surrenders at Stalingrad?
4. February is the first of five months not to have ___ days
31 days/ 30 days
5. February is the third and last month of meteorological winter in which Hemisphere?
6. Pisces, one of February’s stars, is the twelfth, or last astrological sign in the zodiac with which symbol?
7. February is the only month of the year that can pass without a single full moon — true or false?
8. In Finnish, February month is called helmikuu, meaning what?
“month of the pearl”
9. The length of February was finalized by whom?
10. In the Turkish language, February is called what?
11. What is Sam F Davies Stakes held on February 6, 2021?
12. February is the third and last month of meteorological summer in which Hemisphere?
13. On what date, New York’s Grand Central Station Opened?
February 1, 1913
14. What are the three months that always start on the same day of the week unless it is a leap year?
February, March, and November
15. In Polish and Ukrainian, respectively, February month is called luty or lyutiy, meaning what?
the month of ice or hard frost
16. What is the month of February named in Danish?
17. Over time, the length of February kept changing, and at one point, it had as little as to how many days?
18. Which country won the Biathlon World Championships 2021 held in February in Slovenia?
19. On February 1, 2003, which Space Shuttle broke apart in flight, killing all seven crew members?
20. In February 1964 which popular band made their first American television appearance on the “Ed Sullivan Show.” that over 73 million Americans watched?
21. February is the seasonal equivalent of which month in the Northern Hemisphere?
22. In the Spanish language, February is called what?
23. February has been Black History Month for over how many years?
24. On which date in 1793, France declared a war on the United Kingdom?
25. The Roman month Februarius was named after the Latin term februum, meaning what?
26. What is the month of February named in Chinese (Mandarin)?
27. In which year’s February 1, the US Supreme Court started?
28. Zodiac signs of February are what?
Aquarius (until February 18) and Pisces (February 19 onwards) [dated will shift to 17–18 due to the leap day]
29. In Macedonian, February is called sechko, meaning what?
the month of cutting (wood)
30. Which country won the 2021 Nordic Junior World Ski Championships, held in February in Finland?
31. What are the Old English terms for Februry?
Solmonath (mud month) and Kale-monath (named for cabbage)
32. Facebook, a mainstream online social network is founded by Mark Zuckerberg on what date?
February 4, 2004
33. In the Swedish language, February is called what?
34. Name 4 U.S. states that entered the Union during the month of February?
Massachusetts, Oregon, Arizona, and Mississippi
35. On February 2, 1848, U.S. and Mexico signed which treaty ended their war?
the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
36. Put a list of famous people who were born in February
- February 1, 1902: Langston Hughes
- February 3, 1874: Gertrude Stein
- February 4, 1913: Rosa Parks
- February 7, 1867: Laura Ingalls Wilder
- February 11, 1846: Thomas Edison
- February 12, 1809: Charles Darwin
- February 15, 1564: Galileo Galilei
- February 21, 1933: Nina Simone
- February 27, 1932: Elizabeth Taylor
37. Aquarius, one of February’s stars, is the eleventh astrological sign in the zodiac with which symbol?
38. In the Romanian language, February is called what?
39. Which largest American sporting event of the year is held in February?
The Super Bowl
40. What is the purification ritual held on February 15 (full moon) in the old lunar Roman calendar?
41. In which year’s February a 7.5 magnitude earthquake centered about 160 km northeast of Guatemala City kills more than 22,000?
42. On February 1, 1983, Matthews, Tansil, and Fannin obtained a patent for what?
A digital voicemail system
43. The odds of being born on February 29th are about what?
1 in 1,461
44. On February 3, 1690, the first paper money in America was issued in the colony of which state?
45. In Czech, February is called únor, meaning what?
the month of submerging (of river ice)
46. In the Portuguese language, February is called what?
47. Who won the 2021 Australian Open (Grand Slam #1) Tennis, held in February in Australia?
- Men: Serbia Novak Djokovic
- Women: Japan Naomi Osaka
48. Which country was founded on February 2, 1536?
49. January and which other month were the last two months to be added to the Roman calendar?
50. In the Vietnamese language, February is called what?
51. On February 10, 1976, who was granted a patent for a combination smoke and heat detector alarm?
52. What is the National Day in Sri Lanka?
53. February’s birthstone is what?
54. Which popular animation movie was released on February 4, 1938?
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
55. February remained the last month of the calendar year until which period?
the time of the decemvirs (c. 450 BC)
56. What is the historical name of February in Germanic?
57. In the Norwegian language, February is called what?
58. What are the birth flowers of February?
are the violet (Viola), the common primrose (Primula vulgaris), and the Iris
59. What is the month of February named in Latin?
60. During the Roman era, February was truncated to how many days at certain times?
23 or 24 days
61. First 45 RPM vinyl record released on what day in 1949?
62. In Slovene, February is traditionally called what?
svečan, related to icicles or Candlemas
63. Which team won the United States Super Bowl LV held in February in American football?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Florida)
64. Sears, Roebuck Opens It’s First Store on what day in 1925?
65. Those born on a leap day (February 29th) can be called what?
a “leaper” or “leapling”
66. What is the National Day in Estonia?
67. Major league baseball is started in which year’s February?
68. February’s birthstone the amethyst symbolizes what?
piety, humility, spiritual wisdom, and sincerity
69. On February 9, 1811, who was granted a patent for the practical steamboat?
70. In the Hungarian language, February is called what?
71. Between the North and South Hemispheres, February is the equivalent of which month?
72. What is the month of February named in Italian?
73. What was the date of birth of Ronald Reagan?
February 6, 1911
74. On February 2, 1916, which country’s zeppelins drop close to 400 bombs over the West Midlands during WW1?
75. Which country won the IBSF World Championships 2021, Bobsleigh & Skeleton held in February in Germany?
76. What is the National Day in Lithuania?
77. On what date Charles Kettering received a patent for a self-starting automobile engine?
February 8, 1916
78. In the Southern Hemisphere, February is the ___ month of summer.
79. On February 6, 1947 — Frank Capra’s which work was copyrighted?
“It’s a Wonderful Life”
80. What is Fountain of Youth Stakes held on February 27, 2021?
81. In which culture, February is sometimes known as “y mis bach” which means “little month”?
82. Hajj Pilgrimage Stampede held on February 1, 2004, caused how many deaths?
at least 251 pilgrims
83. What is the month of February named in French?
84. What is the twelfth and final astrological sign in the zodiac that falls in February and March?
85. On February 1, 1979, which leader returns to Iran after 14 years in exile?
86. On February 4, 1941, who received a patent for “tetrafluoroethylene polymers,” better known as TEFLON?
87. What is the National Day in Serbia?
88. Which club won the 2020 FIFA Club World Cup held in February in Qatar?
Bayern Munich (Germany)
89. The first episode of the TV program “Dragnet” was copyrighted on what date?
February 3, 1952
90. The Saxons called February “Sol-monath” which means what?
“cake month” because they would offer cakes to the gods during February
91. In which year’s February 1, Royal Canadian Mounted Police Established?
92. What was the date of birth of Abraham Lincoln?
February 12, 1809
93. What are some of the events celebrated in February?
- Chinese New Year
- National Freedom Day
- Groundhog Day
- Valentine’s Day
- President’s Day
- Mardi Gras Ash Wednesday
94. What is Risen Star Stakes held on February 13, 2021?
95. In which year, February was officially added to the Roman calendar?
96. In the Northern Hemisphere, February is the ____ month of winter.
97. Which country was the winner of the 2021 ATP Cup held in February in Australia?
98. What is the National Day in Iran?
99. What are some of the Month-long observances in February?
- In Catholic tradition, February is the Month of the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Black History Month
- American Heart Month
- Chocolate Lover’s Month
- National Bird Feeding Month
- National Dental Month
- LGBT+ History Month (United Kingdom)
- National Bird-Feeding Month (United States)
- American Heart Month (United States)
- The season for Nonviolence: January 30 – April 4
- Turner Syndrome Awareness Month (United States)
- Black History Month (United States, Canada)
- National Children’s Dental Health Month (United States)
100. Aquarius, one of February’s stars, is the eleventh astrological sign in the zodiac with which symbol?
101. On which year’s February 2, Soviet occupation of Afghanistan ended?
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 50 Evergreen 90s TV Show Trivia Questions Answers MCQ
- 100 Trivia about Germany Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about Spain Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about France Printable Interesting Facts
- 125 Trivia about Ireland Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about China Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about Australia Printable Interesting Facts
- 130 Trivia About Japan Printable – Japan Interesting Facts
- 130 Trivia Questions Canada Printable for Basic Learners
- 100 Trivia about Mexico – Trivia de Mexico for Everyone
- 60 Easy Baseball Trivia Multiple Choice Questions
- 100 Basketball Trivia for Kids Multiple Choice MCQ
- 100 80s Movie Trivia Quiz Multiple Choice Evergreen
- 100 Questions and Answers about History for Challengers
- 100 World History Trivia Questions and Answers
- 80 World History Questions and Answers with Twist
- 100 Amazing 90s Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
- 111 Funny Trivia Questions And Answers Printable
- 100 Printable Trivia Questions and Answers Multiple Choice
- 111 Big Bang Theory Trivia Questions and Answer