Trivia about Japan is really interesting and a good way to learn about this archipelago country which has a great variety of cultures and nature. Trivia about Japan or interesting facts about Japan is really interesting.
Trivia about japan will give you a great idea and conception on Japan, you will be able to clarify yourself with fresh and useful Japan facts
These trivia about Japan are playful and full of fun. Japan Trivia will be good for discussion, competition, or entertainment.
Solve this trivia about Japan and be the best with these trivia about Japan printable facts
Let’s solve these trivia about Japan
1. What is Japan’s national animal?
Green pheasant (Phasianus versicolor)
2. What is the main religion in Japan?
Shinto (“the way of the gods”) is the indigenous faith of the Japanese people and as old as Japan itself. It remains Japan’s major religion alongside Buddhism.
3. What is Japan’s best known for?
Japan is known worldwide for its traditional arts, including tea ceremonies, calligraphy, and flower arranging. The country has a legacy of distinctive gardens, sculptures and poetry. Japan is home to more than a dozen UNESCO World Heritage sites and is the birthplace of sushi, one of its most famous.
4. What is the National currency of Japan?
5. Japanese name for Japan was originated from which word?
“Nihon” or “Nippon” which means “sun origin”
6. What is the official language of Japan?
7. What is unique about Tokyo?
Tokyo is the largest metropolitan area in the world, hosting over 36 million people spread over three prefectures. Tokyo was formerly known as “Edo” in the 20th century. There are vending machines roughly every 12 meters in Tokyo
8. Japan belongs to which continent?
9. Why do Japan experience so many volcanos and earthquakes?
Japan sits along the “Pacific Ring of Fire”
10. When will be the Olympic Games 2020 started?
The Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will now be held on 23 July 2021
11. What is the capital and the largest city of Japan?
12. What is the coordinates of Tokyo?
13. What is the Government system of Japan?
14. How many islands are there in Japan?
15. What is the National liquor of Japan?
16. Who is the Emperor of Japan?
17. When was the first constitution of Japan formed?
November 29, 1890
18. What is marked as the independence day of Japan?
15 August 1945 is remembered in history as Victory in Japan or V-J Day, when Allied forces mark their victory over Imperial Japan during World War II.
19. What is the National dance of Japan?
20. What is the National Day of Japan?
11th of February
21. Why 11th February is marked as the National Day of Japan?
11th February is the founding of Japan in 660 BC when Emperor Jimmu, its first emperor, sat on the throne.
22. What is the National fruit of Japan?
23. What is the total area of Japan?
377,975 km2 (145,937 sq mi)
24. What is the position of Japan according to its area?
25. Who is the National poet of Japan?
Koizumi Yakumo, Murasaki Shikibu, Matsuo Bashō
26. What is the Population of Japan?
Decrease 125,960,000 (2020)
27. Which country is on top of Robotics?
28. What is the position of Japan according to its population?
29. What is the time zone of Japan?
30. What flower is the symbol of Japan?
31. What is the National anthem of Japan?
32. What is the Calling code of Japan?
33. What is the driving side of Japan?
34. What is the ISO 3166 code of Japan?
35. What is the internet TLD in Japan?
.jp (dot jp)
36. What is the National butterfly of Japan?
Great purple emperor (Sasakia charonda)
37. What is the first university in Japan?
38. What are some prominent companies in Japan?
Toyota, Honda, Sony, Nintendo, Canon, Panasonic, Toshiba, and Sharp
39. Who is the first Emperor of Japan?
40. What is the National epic of Japan?
Kojiki, Nihon Shoki, The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter (Taketori Monogatari), The Tale of the Heike (Heike Monogatari)
41. What was the first capital of Japan?
Nara (710 – 794)
42. Who is the first shogun (military leader) of Japan
Minamoto Yorimoto (1192 CE)
43. Who was the first prime minister of Japan?
44. What are sushi, sashimi and tempura?
45. What is the National tree of Japan?
Cherry blossom (Prunus serrulata)
46. How long is a prime minister’s term in Japan?
47. Who was the prime minister of Japan in 1945?
Danshaku Suzuki Kantarō
48. When was the first bombing of Japan took place?
The Doolittle Raid, also known as the Tokyo Raid, was an air raid on 18 April 1942 by the United States on the Japanese capital Tokyo and other places on Honshu during World War II.
49. What are some Japanese martial arts?
Karate, Judo, Sumo, Ninjutsu, Kendo, Jujutsu, and Aikido
50. Who were the first inhabitants of Japan?
51. What is the National fish of Japan?
Koi (Cyprinus carpio)
52. How many alphabets are there in the Japanese language?
Hiragana, Katakana, & Kanji: 3 Alphabets
53. What is the highest point in Japan?
Mount Fuji, which stands at 3,776m (12,388ft)
54. How many letters are in the Japanese language?
55. What is Kana?
Hiragana and katakana are native to Japan and represent syllable sounds; together these two alphabets are referred to as kana
56. What are the National colors of Japan?
Primary colors: Red and white.
Secondary colors: Black (sports); Blue, white, and spring bud (only used in Football)
57. What are ABC’s in Japanese?
The Japanese alphabet consists of 99 sounds formed with 5 vowels (a, e, i, o, and u) and 14 consonants (k, s, t, h, m, y, r, w, g, z, d, b, p, and n), as is shown in the hiragana chart.
58. What is the Japanese name for Japan?
59. What is the national sport of Japan?
60. What is the most common Japanese male name?
Haruto (はると): 一温: Best Warmth
61. What is the most popular sport in Japan?
62. What is the National instrument of Japan?
63. What are the 5 most common Japanese female name?
Himari (陽葵) Meaning: “good hollyhock”
Hina (陽菜) Meaning: “good vegetables, edible greens”
Yua (結愛) Meaning: “binding love and affection”
Sakura (咲良) Meaning: “cherry blossoms”
Ichika (一千花) Meaning: “one thousand flowers”
64. What is the average height of a Japanese male?
65. What is the average height of a Japanese female?
66. What is the average lifespan of a Japanese?
84.10 years (2017)
67. Why Japan has the longest life expectancy?
A healthy diet, regular physical activity, extended work years, and aggressive government intervention
68. What is the largest prefecture in Japan?
69. What is the National stone of Japan?
70. What is the largest tree in Japan?
71. What are the four largest islands, account for 97% of Japan’s total area?
Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu, and Shikoku
72. what is the largest island (main island) in japan?
73. What is the most populated city in the world?
74. What is the De Facto National mount of Japan?
Mount Fuji (Fujisan)
75. what is the largest river in Japan?
76. What is the largest bridge in Japan?
Akashi Kaikyo Bridge
77. who is the most popular actor in Japan?
78. Who is the most popular actress in Japan?
79. What is the De Facto national sport of Japan?
80. Who is the most popular player in Japan?
Shunsuke Nakamura (2000-2010, 98 caps, 24 goals)
81. When did Japan enter the UN?
December 18, 1956
82. What percent of Japan is forested, mountainous, and unsuitable for agricultural, industrial, or residential use?
83. How many volcanoes are there in Japan?
84. What is the National personification of Japan?
85. What are some of the famous volcanoes in Japan?
Asama, Honshu Island’s most active volcano, Aso, Bandai, Fuji, Iwo-Jima, Kikai, Kirishima, Komaga-take, Oshima, Suwanosejima, Tokachi, Yake-dake, and Usu
86. How many earthquakes held every year on average in Japan?
There are approximately 5,000 minor earthquakes recorded in Japan per year, with more than half measured between 3.0 and 3.9. However, around 160 earthquakes with a magnitude of 5 or higher can shake the Japanese archipelago each year.
87. Who is the National founder of Japan?
Emperor Jimmu (神武天皇 Jinmu-tennō)
88. What is the deadliest earthquake recorded in Japan?
The 7.9 magnitudes 1923 Great Kantō earthquake, with 105,385 deaths.
The strongest earthquake on record was the 9.0 magnitude 2011 Tōhoku earthquake which resulted in 15,891 deaths.
89. Which country is home to the world’s deepest underwater postbox as recognized by Guinness World Records in 2002?
90. What is the main crop in Japan?
91. What is the main export of Japan?
Electronic equipment and cars
92. What is the National microorganism of Japan?
93. What percent of Japan is Covered in Forest
94. According to life expectancy, what is the rank of Japan?
95. The main weapon of Samurai is
Katana, a sharp sword with a slight curve to it.
96. What is ASIMO?
The human-like robot
97. Who is Kami?
The Kami (divine person) of Mount Fuji is Princess Konohanasakuya. Her symbol is the cherry blossom.
98. WHat is the National dish of Japan?
Sushi, Japanese Curry, Ramen
99. Ancient warriors of Japan were known as
100. How many gold medals have Japan won in the Olympics?
Gold 156 Silver 158 Bronze 183 Total 497
101. How many sea fishes and animal species are there in the Sea of Japan
More than 3,500 animal species which includes about 1,000 different kinds of fish species
102. How old is Japanese history
Japan’s History Dates Back to About 30,000 BCE – 35,000 BCE
103. When was the First Society of Japan established?
Jomon Period (15,000 years ago)
104. What period came after the Jomon Period?
Yayoi Period (started in 300 B.C.)
105. Which Europeans first visited Japan?
106. What is Sakoku Edict?
Since the massive influence of European culture had been penetrating Japan, the Shogun of Japan at that time Tokugawa Lemitsu banned every foreigner in Japan in 1635. During this time, anyone who was seen using European goods would be punished. This law was called the Sakoku Edict of 1635 and lasted over 200 years.
107. What is Karoshi?
Japan has a word for death by overwork, “Karoshi”
108. What is the only country in the world with an Emperor?
109. What is the ranking of Japan considering its economy?
Japan is the 3rd Largest Economy in the World
110. How many UNESCO heritages are there in Japan?
111. What are some of the best, top tourist attractions in Japan?
- Mount Fuji, Iconic peak with Fujisan Hongu Sengen
- Fushimi Inari Taisha, Shinto shrine with famed gates
- Kinkaku-ji, Iconic, serene, gold-colored temple
- Kiyomizu-dera, Historic temple with picturesque views
- Sensō-ji, Historic temple to the goddess of mercy
- Tokyo Skytree, Huge tower with an observation deck
- Arashiyama, Site with monkeys & a bamboo forest
- Osaka Castle, Renowned, historic castle with a museum
- Meiji Jingu, Famed Shinto shrine with a garden
- Tokyo Tower, Well-known tower with observation areas
- Tokyo Disneyland, Theme park with rides & shows
- Ueno Onshi Park, Large park with a zoo, a lake & museums
- Himeji Castle, Landmark 17th-century white castle
- Imperial Palace, Emperor’s residence with gardens & tours
- Lake Kawaguchi, Recreational hot spot with peak views
- Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, Sizable park with gardens & a greenhouse
- Shirakawa-go, a Historical village with Gassho houses
112. Japan has one of the world’s lowest crime rates. T/F?
113. There are more seniors than kids in Japan. T/F?
114. Which country has the highest number of vending machines in the world?
115. Taking a power nap at work gets more and more common in Japan. T/F?
116. What is considered one of the best gifts in Japan?
117. Only the USA has more Mcdonald’s restaurants in the world than which country?
118. To slurp up the noodles is considered polite in Japan. T/F?
119. It’s forbidden to bathe in hot springs and onsen with tattoos. T/F?
120. In which country you bow instead of shaking hands?
121. What is the percentage of literacy by Japanese youth?
122. What volume of fish Japanese people eat per year, more than any other country?
More than 17 million ton
123. Suicide is a big problem in which society?
124. Japanese are cultivating square melons because?
It’s easier to store them
125. Capsule hotels are mostly available in which country?
126. What is the biggest lake in Japan?
127. What is the Official website of Japan?
128. What is the National song of Japan?
Kimi Ga Yo
129. Which country has the 7th Longest Coastline in the World
130. What is the tallest Waterfall in Japan?
Other recommended Trivia
- 120 Chess Trivia Questions and Answers for All
- 111 Sports Trivia Questions for Kids for Excellence
- 120 Good Sports Trivia Questions for Everyone
- 123 Easy Sports Trivia Quiz to Outrun your Competitor
- 100 Sports Quiz Questions for Anytime Learning
- 99 Football Trivia for Kids with Challenging Spirit
- 111 Sports Trivia for Kids to Win A Competition
- 100 Baseball Trivia For Kids with Competitive Minds
- 111 Easy Sports Trivia Questions Everyone Must Know
- 99 Hardest NBA Quiz to Assess your Expertise
- 100 Basketball Trivia Questions Answers to Learn
- 100 Baseball Trivia Quiz for the Crazy Fans
- 110 Football Trivia Questions for Authentic Fans
- 130 Olympics Trivia that Everyone Should Know
- 100 Super Bowl Trivia Questions to Evoke Surprise
- 100 Jaw Dropping Soccer Trivia Questions for All
- 100 Dallas Cowboys Trivia for the True Fans
- 100 Harry Potter House Quiz for the Real Fans
- 200 Ocean Trivia Questions Everyone Asks
- 200 Weather Trivia Questions Every Expert Knows
- 100 Biology Trivia Questions None Should Miss
- 100 April Fools Trivia Every Intelligent Should Know
- 114 Valentines Day Trivia Everyone Should Solve
- 123 Cricket Quiz Questions and Answer for Fans
- 111 Cricket Trivia General Knowledge for All Time
- 120 NHL Quiz that Every Crazy Fan Should Solve
- 101 NHL Basic Trivia Questions for Hockey Fans
- 140 Golf Trivia Questions that Every Fan Should Know
- 55 Passover Trivia to Know All About Pesach