Horse quiz questions and answers for everyone who is fond of equine events, facts, trivia, and information. If you search for concise information about horse, race, ride, training, coat, color, body language, and so on, these horse quiz questions with answers are appropriate for you.
Horse quiz questions answer free online quiz Printable
Let’s find below 70 horse quiz questions with answers at the bottom! If you really love these horse quiz questions trivia, share it with others so that they can also be able to learn many new things from these horse quiz questions quiz with short answers!
1. How do horses sleep?
Both standing up and lying down
2. What angel can a horse look at at a time?
nearly 360 degrees
3. What is the element of a horse’s hooves?
Protein (that comprises human fingernails and hair)
4. By touching which part of the body, one can tell if a horse is cold?
Behind their ears
5. What is the right side to mount a horse from?
6. How much can a horse rotate its ears?
7. What is Fetlock?
A horse’s forehead
8. What is considered the prettiest horse in the world?
9. What is a mare?
An adult female horse
10. What does “h”, or “hh” mean?
abbreviated form of “Hands”
11. What is the Metric equivalent of Hand (unit)?
12. What does USEF stand for?
The United States Equestrian Federation
13. What is the average weight of an adult horse?
380 – 1,000 kg
14. What are miniature horses not taller than 14.2 hands when fully grown called?
15. Famous fiction The Horse’s Mouth was written by whom in 1944?
16. Which country has its national emblem Akhal-Teke horse?
17. How long does a domestic horse sleep a day?
18. According to some opinions, what is the most famous equine star of all time in history?
19. What is a long rein that’s usually about 20-40 feet in length meant for lunging a horse called?
The lunge line
20. What is the name of the horse Robert E. Lee rode during the American Civil War?
21. Any sort of equipment used with a horse such as a bridle or a saddle is called what?
22. Who was the handsome black Shire horse that was Merida’s mount in the cartoon Brave?
23. What is a horse’s bridle attachment called?
24. Which mare is described to be “the most decorated warhorse in history.”?
25. There are snaffle bridle, Weymouth bridle (or double bridle or full bridle), and what else?
26. What is the name of the long, straight bone located between the knee and the fetlock joint in the front legs of the horse?
The cannon bone
27. Which land mammal has the largest eyes?
28. Who is considered the richest horse owner?
29. What is the breed Argo, the beautiful mere belonged to Xena: Warrior Princess and was featured in almost every episode?
30. Who is a farrier?
A smith who shoes a horse
31. How can anybody estimate a horse’s age?
32. A handicap race is associated with which mammal?
33. The term poll is related to which body part of the horse?
Head and Ears
34. What is the largest species of horse?
35. What is the name of Andrew Beyer’s grading system for Thoroughbred racehorses in North America, which he devised in the early 1970s?
The Beyer Speed Figure
36. What links turn on the haunches, piaffe, and passage?
37. A horse has very small growths on the inside of the front and hind legs called what?
38. Traveller was the name of horse rode by which famous person?
Robert E. Lee
39. What is the color of Artax, the strikingly beautiful horse features in The Neverending Story, a movie?
40. Timeform is a horse-related sports data and content provider, originated in which country?
41. What is the spot on a horse where the human knee would be?
42. How many basic horse coat colors can have?
43. What is the name of the horse Philip Sheridan rode during the American Civil War?
44. The variations of a reddish-brown coat with black points on the legs and the mane and tail black are called what?
45. Equestrianism, which is also known as horse riding as well as horseback riding, includes the disciplines of riding, driving, and what?
46. What is Todd’s horse in the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness?
47. Chargers were war horses used during which period?
48. Bucephalus was the name of horse rode by which famous person?
Alexander the Great
49. What do you mean by Buckskin?
A variation of horse’s coat color
50. Blueskin was a gray horse, ridden by which US President?
51. What is the front part of a horse’s saddle called?
52. What is Davy’s horse in the Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness?
53. A courser is a swift and strong horse, used during which period of history as a warhorse?
54. Which breed of horse is the best for eventing and cross-country?
55. Where do you find Dock in the horse?
56. Trigger was the name of horse rode by which famous person?
57. Comanche was the name of horse rode by which famous person?
58. What do you mean by Palomino?
A variation of horse’s coat color
59. What is the back part of the horse’s saddle called?
60. Where do you find Swells related to horses?
61. What is Halt’s trained small horse/pony’s name in the Ranger’s Apprentice series by John Flanagan?
62. What is the highest part of the rump or buttocks of the horse called?
63. The middle of a horse where the ribcage is located – called what?
64. What is the name of the horse in the Pippi Longstocking series by Astrid Lindgren?
Alfonso (or, in Swedish, Lilla Gubben)
65. Where do you find the hock in the horse’s body?
in the hind legs
66. Where do you find the frog in a horse?
67. Where do you find the coffin bone in the horse?
68. What is considered the longest horse race in the us
69. What is considered to be the longest horse race in the entire world?
The Mongol Derby
70. On each foot of a horse, how many toes does it have?
More Interesting Quizzes
- 100 Trivia Questions for Adults with Answers Quizzes Printable
- 100 General Knowledge Printable Quiz Questions for Kids
- 100 General Knowledge Trivia Printable Questions with Answers
- 100 Common Knowledge Trivia Questions Answers Printable
- 100 Quizzes for Adults General Knowledge Trivia Printable
- 100 General Knowledge Printable Quiz for Kids with Answers
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers Printable
- 100 Free Quiz Questions And Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Printable Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Hard Random GK Trivia Printable Questions and Answers
- 100 General Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers Printable
- 100 Good Trivia GK Quiz Printable Questions and Answers
- 100 Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers Printable for Seniors
- 100 Quiz Questions And Answers General Knowledge Printable
- 100 Easy Trivia Questions And Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Family Trivia General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 General Knowledge Printable Quiz Easy With Answers
- 100 Easy General Knowledge Quiz With Answers Printable