A horse quiz for beginners will give you an overall concept of many aspects of the horse. about Toed footed animal horse has been domesticated many centuries ago and this intelligent animal has been a great companion of humans since then.
Horse quiz for beginners are quite informative and an expert can also have a look into these 60 questions.
Horse Quiz for Beginners Equine Trivia Questions Answer
Let’s solve these horse quiz for beginners in order to improve your understanding of horses.
1. Fjord horse breeds are bred initially in which country?
2. Your horse’s soft muzzle is covered with what?
3. In 1997, which horse holds the record for winning the Grade One Grand Steeple-Chase de Paris?
Al Capone II
4. Your horse’s height is measured in ‘hands’ at the top of the animal’s which body part?
5. What is considered a is very collected trot?
6. A chestnut horse’s mane and tail are never black — true or false?
7. Saranac S. horse race takes place in which course?
Saratoga Race Course
8. Champion Chase was the breed from which country?
9. Rabicano coat color of the horse is commonly mistaken as to what?
10. What is the name of the technique of working through from behind from an engaged hind leg into a consistent rein contact?
Put the horse up together
11. What was the name of an AQPS top-class National Hunt racehorse in the early 1990s, that won the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 1994?
12. What is the area called on the hindquarters from the highest point to the tip of the tail?
13. Birdcatcher spots on the horse’s coat are of what color?
Small white spots
14. Longer races are generally referred to as what in Europe?
15. Which track was formerly known as Philadelphia Park and Keystone Park?
16. What is meant by “hoof it”?
to take a walk or run
17. The Grand National is a significant National Hunt horse race that is held yearly at Aintree Racecourse in which country?
18. Which draft horse breed was originated in the Jura Mountains on the border between Switzerland and France?
The Comtois horse
19. How you can mark that your horse is not happy, by observing its ears?
20. Which body part of a horse includes the chin, nostrils, whiskers, and mouth?
21. Arabe Barbe horse breed was originated in which country?
22. WHat are conditions races?
For fairness, horses are usually allowed the same weight to carry, with concessions granted to younger horses and female horses competing against men
23. Fast acceleration also means what in horseracing?
A turn of foot
24. Which races are seen as a test of speed?
Sprints, or Short races
25. The Melbourne Cup is held in which racecourse?
Flemington Racecourse, Victoria
26. What is meant by “horse around”?
Play around in a desperate way
27. What was the name of a beautiful palomino horse who starred in a number of films, including The Adventures of Robin Hood and westerns with Roy Rogers?
28. Arab horse breed was originated in which country?
29. Who is Peter Lee?
A racing historian
30. Breeders’ Cup Classic horserace is not restricted to three-year-old thoroughbreds only — true or false?
31. As of 2 September 2021, how many racecourses are being operated in Great Britain?
32. What is the percent of the risk of generating a deadly white foal when a breeder crosses two frame overo horses that are heterozygous carriers (homozygous carrier)?
33. How many racecourses, the largest commercial horse racing organization in the United Kingdom, The Jockey Club has?
34. When a horse doesn’t drink enough water, eats too little roughage, or has untreated dental issues, which frequent digestive disorders can arise?
35. Epsom Racecourse is located in which country?
36. What is meant by “a horse of a different color”?
a completely separate matter, anything unrelated to the topic at hand
37. Pinto horses are most commonly found in which country?
the United States
38. Brumby horse breed was originated in which country?
39. What is Tapeta?
A synthetic horse racecourse track
40. Who was the artist of the famous painting “Horse Frightened by a Lion”?
41. What is the only Paralympic disciplines horseriding?
42. Yargha horse breed was originated in which country?
43. Which horse-related film follows a wild stallion (who is so wild he could only be a cartoon) through the western frontier?
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
44. Aintree Racecourse was opened in which year in England?
45. In the mid-1500s, the Spanish King Felipe II wanted to bring the idealized horses represented in art and statues to reality, so he developed this horse breed?
Pura Raza Espanola
46. What are the variations of Chestnut color in horses?
Yellowish red to a rich mahogany red
47. Horseball is an interesting game played on horseback and like a combination of which three popular sports?
polo, rugby, and basketball
48. Bagual horse breed was originated in which country?
49. What is the meaning of “back the wrong horse”?
to back someone or something that is unable or unwilling to win or succeed
50. In J.R.R. Tolkien’s renowned work Lord of the Rings, who is a grey horse owned by the Sindarin elf Legolas?
51. Where do you see the famous painting “Napoleon Crossing the Alps”?
Musée national du château de Malmaison, Rueil-Malmaison, in France
52. Which breeds of horse are the mutt of the equine world?
53. Which in the list does not belong to any FEI International Discipline: Dressage, Flat racing, Eventing, Showjumping?
54. What is the oldest horse show in Britain, first held in 1907?
Royal International Horse Show
55. Royal Windsor Horse Show is held in the UK for 5 days since 1943 in which month?
May, or June
56. The Golden Slipper Stakes is held at which racecourse in Australia?
Rosehill Gardens Racecourse in Sydney
57. Who is the youngest Equestrian sports performer in the Olympics?
Luiza Almeida, a 16-year-old from Brazil performed at the 2008 Summer Olympics
58. Royal Windsor Horse Show is held annually for how many days in the UK?
59. What is the meaning of “If Wishes Were Horses, Beggars Would Ride”?
Everyone would obtain everything they want if wishing worked
60. Which horse was appeared in 8 films and even got his own fan mail?
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 100 World Wide General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 General Knowledge MCQ Questions Answer in English Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Questions with Options in English GK Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Science GK Quiz Questions in English Trivia
- 100 Science General Knowledge Questions Trivia in English Quiz
- 100 Social Science GK Questions with Answers in English
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Simple Questions and Answers
- 100 Quiz on English Language and Literature with Answers
- 100 English Literature General Knowledge Questions Trivia Quiz
- 100 GK Questions on English Literature Quiz Answers Printable
- 100 Social GK Questions Answer Trivia in English Printable Quiz
- 100 Standard General Knowledge Quiz Printable GK Trivia
- 100 General Knowledge Questions in English Quiz for Kids
- 100 GK Questions for 10th Class Trivia Quiz in English Printable
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions for Kids in English Trivia
- 100 General Knowledge for Kids in English Trivia Quiz Printable
- 100 GK Questions For Assembly in English Printable Trivia Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge in English for Class 6 Printable Quiz
- 100 GK Questions List with Answers Quiz in English Trivia
- 100 GK Knowledge Questions Answers Trivia English Quiz