General knowledge science GK questions in English trivia quiz general knowledge is full of fun and learning. Science is a broad area of knowledge. People need the right knowledge and learning. General knowledge science GK questions in English are appropriately prepared on the basis of some easy and common general knowledge quizzes, from many resourceful contents. These general knowledge science GK questions in English printable are full of fun and amusement, and knowledge lovers find them entertaining and competitive for even any exam or competition.
These general knowledge science GK questions in English will enable learners to grow the tendency to learn new things or practice that they already know.
Let’s solve the general knowledge science GK questions in English with other friends and classmates!
General knowledge science GK questions in English
1. In biology, the term ‘taxonomy’ is derived from a Greek word meaning what?
2. Who is Carl Linnaeus, who invented the modern system of binomial nomenclature?
A Swedish botanist
3. Quasiparticles and collective excitations are emergent phenomena discussed in which subject?
4. What is the top of the Taxonomic ranks of scientific naming in biology?
5. What is the scientific name for Apple?
6. What is the molecular weight of Acetate?
7. What is the preferred medical term for Bilious remitting fever?
8. What is the Scientific terminology for METATOY?
METAmaTerial fOr raYs – a material that changes the direction of transmitted light rays
9. Which element has its chemical symbol C?
10. What is the molecular formula for Sodium phosphate?
11. Who is the inventor of Antigen?
12. What is ICNB?
International Code of Nomenclature of Bacteria
13. Which helps in quickly help you rename a file or folder?
14. Which was the first sim in the world?
The first SIM card was developed in 1991 by Munich smart-card maker Giesecke & Devrient
15. What is a preferred medical term for Chokes?
16. Which company launched the first mobile phone in the world?
17. The ratio of the water vapor in a sample of air to the volume of the sample is called what?
18. What is the Scientific terminology for PLANET?
Probing Lensing Anomalies NETwork, a program to search for microlensing events
19. The process by which matter (typically electrons bound in atoms) takes up the energy of electromagnetic radiation and transforms it into any of various types of internal energy, such as thermal energy is called what?
20. What is the scientific name for Bamboo?
21. In which year did IBM developed ORTRAN High-Level programming languages used to write scientific applications?
22. What is ICNafp?
International Code of Nomenclature for algae, fungi, and plants
23. What type of computer languages Java, Python, and Lisp
24. What is the molecular formula for Calcium carbonate?
25. What is the preferred medical term for Dum-dum fever?
26. Where was the World Wide Web created and in which year?
27. While biological taxonomic naming, what comes in between Family and Genus?
28. What is the Scientific terminology for SCREAM?
Single Crystal Reactive Etch And Metallization, a process used in making some microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)
29. Piranha solution is sometimes also used for what purpose?
To clean glassware
30. What is the scientific name for Banana?
31. Weak acid with pH range 3-6 represents what color?
orange or yellow
32. A binominal name is also called what?
A binomen (plural binomina)
33. What is full of form ALU?
Arithmetic Logic Unit
34. What is the molecular formula for Ammonium sulfate?
35. What is the preferred medical term for English disease?
36. Aqua regia was first appeared in the De inventione veritatis (“On the Discovery of Truth”) by which is Latin writing after c. 1300?
37. Which bird is called King of Birds?
38. Absolute electrode potential is a matter in which area?
39. What is Magnesite?
Magnesite is a mineral with the chemical formula MgCO3. Iron, manganese, cobalt, and nickel may occur as admixtures, but only in small amounts.
40. What is ICN?
International Code of Nomenclature for algae, fungi, and plants
41. What is the compound name for H2CO3?
42. Who is the inventor of DNA?
Watson & Crick
43. What is the scientific name for Banyan?
44. How many ways are there to carry out the floating-point operations?
45. What is the obsolete medical term for Syphilis?
46. What acronym is usually used in order to refer to word processing where the file you are working on as seen on the screen will be the same when it is printed out?
What You See Is What You Get
47. What insect has the strongest bite?
Bullet ant (Paraponera clavata)
48. What is the function of the F4 key in the computer?
Repeats the last action performed while typing in Microsoft Word.
49. What is the compound name for NaHCO3?
50. What was the early name for ICBN?
International Code of Nomenclature for algae, fungi, and plants (ICN)
51. What links Network cards, Sound cards, Graphics cards in the computer?
Can be both an input and an output device
52. Which insect is the king of insects?
53. How old was Maurice Wilkins, a New Zealand-British biophysicist and 1962 Nobel Prize laureate in Physiology or Medicine when he died?
87 years (1916–2004)
54. Strong alkali with pH range > 11 represents what color?
55. What is the obsolete medical term for Gonorrhea?
56. How the quality of the printer is measured?
Dots per Inch
57. What is the scientific name for Beans?
58. Name the person who had written the first worm written for computer i.e. “The Morris worm’’?
Robert Tappan Morris Jr.
49. What is the compound name for Ca(OH)2?
59. Picture element is short for which word?
60. Carl Linnaeus wrote Species Plantarum stating modern binomial system of naming species in which year?
61. What links Spotted Tortoise Beetle, Acraga Hamata Moth Caterpillar, Cecropia Moth Caterpillar, and Palawan Birdwing Butterfly?
62. Who is the inventor of DDT?
63. What has its scientific name Brassica Oleracea?
64. In 1910, the first vitamin complex was isolated and named aberic acid (later Orizanin) by whom?
Japanese scientist Umetaro Suzuki
65. What is the obsolete medical term for Syphilis?
66. Some nutrients can be metabolically converted to smaller molecules in the process of releasing energy, such as for carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and fermentation products (ethanol or vinegar), leading to end-products of water and what?
67. What is the scientific name for Wolf?
68. Which are the most commonly used languages for CGI Common Gateway Interface scripts?
Perl and C++
69. Achrioptera Fallax is an-
70. What is the Scientific terminology for SHRIMP?
Sensitive High-Resolution Ion MicroProbe
71. What is acanthus?
Thorn-like projection in insects, typically a single-celled cuticular growth without tormogen (socket) or sensory cells.
72. Charles Babbage is usually referred to as the ‘Father of Computers’ what was the first machine he invented called?
73. What has its scientific name Cucmis Melo?
74. What is the atomic number for Carbon?
75. What is the obsolete medical term for Influenza?
76. What is the compound name for C2H5OH?
77. What links Eugene Paul Wigner, Maria Goeppert Mayer and J. Hans D. Jensen?
Received the Nobel Prize in Physics 1963
78. What is the scientific name for Nilgai?
79. Which of these is not a programming language: BASIC, COBOL, BNF and FORTRAN?
80. What is the Scientific terminology for SIESTA?
Spanish Initiative for Electronic Simulations with Thousands of Atoms (siesta = afternoon nap in Spanish)
81. What live on dead or living organic matter and meet nutrient needs from their host?
82. Name the person who invited the QWERTY keyboard layout design?
Christopher Latham Sholes
83. What has its scientific name Capsicum fruitscence?
84. What does CPU stand for?
A central processing unit (CPU), also called a central processor, main processor, or just processor
85. What is an obsolete medical term for Influenza?
86. Karl Ziegler and Giulio Natta received the Nobel Prize in which category in 1963?
87. What does the command prompt use in the computer?
CLI (Command Line Interface)
88. What has its scientific name Daucas carota?
89. Which element has its atomic number 3?
90. What is the Scientific terminology for SPIDER?
Spectral Phase Interferometry for Direct Electric-field Reconstruction
91. What is the method by which the user points to a picture or icon of what they want and clicks the mouse button called?
Graphical User Interface
92. Which can be called modifiers?
Keys Alt, Shift, or Ctrl
93. Essential nutrients for animals are the energy sources, some of the amino acids that are combined to create proteins, a subset of ______, vitamins, and certain minerals.
94. Which out of the following is the file extension for all Word documents?
95. What is the obsolete medical term for Peritonsillar abscess?
96. What is the scientific name for Chinkara?
97. What links Sir John Carew Eccles, Alan Lloyd Hodgkin, and Andrew Fielding Huxley?
Received the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1963
98. What has its scientific name Brassica Oleracea
99. Which element has its chemical symbol B?
100. What is the Scientific terminology for SQUID?
Superconducting Quantum Interference Device
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 50 Evergreen 90s TV Show Trivia Questions Answers MCQ
- 100 Trivia about Germany Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about Spain Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about France Printable Interesting Facts
- 125 Trivia about Ireland Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about China Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about Australia Printable Interesting Facts
- 130 Trivia About Japan Printable – Japan Interesting Facts
- 130 Trivia Questions Canada Printable for Basic Learners
- 100 Trivia about Mexico – Trivia de Mexico for Everyone
- 60 Easy Baseball Trivia Multiple Choice Questions
- 100 Basketball Trivia for Kids Multiple Choice MCQ
- 100 80s Movie Trivia Quiz Multiple Choice Evergreen
- 100 Questions and Answers about History for Challengers
- 100 World History Trivia Questions and Answers
- 80 World History Questions and Answers with Twist
- 100 Amazing 90s Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
- 111 Funny Trivia Questions And Answers Printable
- 100 Printable Trivia Questions and Answers Multiple Choice
- 111 Big Bang Theory Trivia Questions and Answer