Learning about horses gives much pleasure and entertainment. Horse general knowledge helps you to handle your horses well. By paying attention to these horse general knowledge-free online quiz facts, you can easily beat your competitors in debate and discussion.
Horse general knowledge quiz facts are for time pass, education, exam, competition as well as for family time. If you pass an idle time, in travel, or waiting for the race of your favorite horse, have a deeper dive into this horse general knowledge and harness your brain with horses’ facts!
Horse General Knowledge Interesting Facts Trivia Quiz Questions
Let’s find below 55 fresh and informative horse general knowledge facts, quiz and trivia with information.
1. Since the 1700s, which horse breed has been bred in the former Soviet Union?
2. Camargue horse was originated in which country?
3. Our hair has nerve endings, while a horse’s mane has not — true or false?
4. Bend-Or, also called Ben d’Or spots of the horse coat are also called what?
Smut or grease spots
5. What recessive characteristic can be caused by breeding two overo horses?
Lethal white syndrome
6. In what body markings of the horse is most of the cases accompanied by a white spot on the lower lip or chin, leg white, as well as roan hairs interspersed in the coat?
7. Which extremely docile horse breeds were originally bred exclusively in England as well as Ireland in order to pull the wagons of local gypsies?
8. Which horse breeds were initially used by the Vikings as a warhorse?
9. What was the name of an AQPS top-class National Hunt racehorse in the early 1990s, that won the Prix La Haye Jousselin in 1990?
10. What is the name of a significant National Hunt horse race that is held yearly at the historical Aintree Racecourse in Liverpool, England?
The Grand National
11. What body parts are the highest point of the horse’s thoracic vertebrate?
12. What is considered as a is very collected trot of the horse on the spot?
13. If you have a horse with a chestnut coat, it’s basically what color?
14. What is the name of the $1 million premier racing event held outside of Philadelphia at Parx Racing?
15. Flower Bowl S.horse race takes place in which course?
Saratoga Race Course
16. Which countries have the most variations in flat horseracing?
Great Britain and Ireland
17. Who is the leading medalist horse performer in the Olympics?
Isabell Werth from Germany with 10, 6 gold
18. Short races are usually referred to as what?
19. For decades, Gypsy Vanners were bred exclusively in which country?
20. Which races are seen as a test of stamina?
21. What links Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe, Japan Cup, Epsom Derby, Melbourne Cup, Kentucky Derby, and Dubai World Cup?
Prestigious flat races
22. What links the famous horses: Will Take Charge, To Honor and Serve, and Bayern?
Won Pennsylvania Derby
23. What is meant by “a dark horse”?
a candidate who isn’t well-known in the public eye
24. What is Polytrack?
A synthetic horse racecourse track
25. What is one of only two figure-of-eight courses in the United Kingdom?
Royal Windsor Racecourse
26. Royal International Horse Show is held in which country?
27. What is the meaning of “Beat a Dead Horse”?
Do something that has already been done; do something that is a waste of time or is ineffective
28. Which horse-related film, set during the Great Depression, depicts the actual story of an undersized racer who inspired the nation?
29. Which in the list does not belong to any FEI International Discipline: Reining, Tent Pegging, Steeplechase, Vaulting?
30. Ascot Racecourse is located in which country in England?
31. Ayr Racecourse was opened in which year in Scotland?
32. What is meant by “dog and pony show”?
anything you dislike because you believe it was put together only to impress you (like a dog and pony show in a circus)
33. According to international standards, what is the third-best race for American three-year-olds, after Kentucky Derby and Belmont Stakes?
34. American Saddlebred horse breed was originated in which country?
35. Only 13 horses have accomplished which feat since 1919?
Won American Triple Crown of thoroughbred horse racing
36. Which prestigious race in Australia is a 3200-meter horserace hosted by the Victoria Racing Club on the Flemington Racecourse?
The Melbourne Cup
37. Epsom Derby is held in which country?
38. The Dubai World Cup is a popular Thoroughbred horserace held every year since which year?
39. How old is the famous painting “Chinese Horse”?
15,000 to 13,000 B.C
40. The W.S. Cox Plate race is held at which racecourse in Australia?
Moonee Valley Racecourse
41. Tooraq horse breed was originated in which country?
42. White horses with clean white bodies, brown eyes (occasionally blue), and pink skin are classified as “Albinos” by whom?
The American Albino Horse Club
43. What is the name of the one and only venue in the UK that has the record to host international show jumping, carriage driving, dressage, as well as many endurance riding competitions?
The Royal Windsor Horse Show
44. AJC Oaks is a 2,400 meters race held at which racecourse in Sydney in the autumn?
45. Which duo were said to be close friends for 22 years?
Actor Jimmy Stewart and his horse, Pie
46. What do you understand when someone says, “flog a dead horse”?
to keep fighting a battle that has already been won, to keep arguing an issue that has already been decided
47. Falabella Pony horse breed was originated in which country?
48. King Felipe II created which horse breed in the mid-1500s?
Pura Raza Espanola
49. How can you resolve colic disorder in your horse?
You need to keep your horse’s water and food clean and make sure he eats a well-balanced diet. Don’t forget to float his teeth every now and again.
50. Haflinger horse breed was originated in which country?
51. What is an example of a gaited horse that is known for its smooth gaits and ability to sustain them over long distances?
The Tennessee Walking Horse
52. What is the meaning of “Horse Hockey”?
53. If hairs of a different color than white are detected on a white horse during its lifetime, the horse is most likely not white, rather what?
Gray or roan
54. Where do you see the famous painting the “Whistlejacket”?
The National Gallery, London, England
55. Pura Raza Espanola’s Breeding authority is strictly regulated by which organization?
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 100 World Wide General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 General Knowledge MCQ Questions Answer in English Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Questions with Options in English GK Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Science GK Quiz Questions in English Trivia
- 100 Science General Knowledge Questions Trivia in English Quiz
- 100 Social Science GK Questions with Answers in English
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Simple Questions and Answers
- 100 Quiz on English Language and Literature with Answers
- 100 English Literature General Knowledge Questions Trivia Quiz
- 100 GK Questions on English Literature Quiz Answers Printable
- 100 Social GK Questions Answer Trivia in English Printable Quiz
- 100 Standard General Knowledge Quiz Printable GK Trivia
- 100 General Knowledge Questions in English Quiz for Kids
- 100 GK Questions for 10th Class Trivia Quiz in English Printable
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions for Kids in English Trivia
- 100 General Knowledge for Kids in English Trivia Quiz Printable
- 100 GK Questions For Assembly in English Printable Trivia Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge in English for Class 6 Printable Quiz
- 100 GK Questions List with Answers Quiz in English Trivia
- 100 GK Knowledge Questions Answers Trivia English Quiz
Leave a Reply