We may have a better knowledge of the world we live in by studying GK questions history in English printable quiz online free. Knowledge and comprehension of historical events and patterns, particularly during the last century, allows us to have a far deeper appreciation for contemporary events. GK questions history in English aids in the comprehension of different civilizations. History aids in the comprehension of our own society. GK questions history in English helps us in comprehending our own identities.
Citizenship is built on the foundation of history. We may learn about today’s issues by studying GK questions history in English in general knowledge. Reading and writing abilities are improved by studying GK questions answers on history in English.
GK questions history general knowledge in English aids in the development of a more comprehensive understanding of the world. Without knowing how things function in the world, you can’t construct a framework on which to build your life. GK questions history in English provides us with a thorough picture of how society, technology, and government functioned in the past so that we may better comprehend how they function today.
GK Questions History Trivia Quiz in English
1. Which award was established in 1986 when Carlo Ripa di Meana was first Commissioner of Culture?
Europe Theatre Prize
2. the National University of Tucuman in Argentina was founded in which year?
3. National Bank of Kuwait was founded in which year?
4. QNB Group in Qatar was founded in which year?
5. In 1337, which title in the Peerage of England was originated?
Duke of Cornwall
6. Practices and knowledge linked to the Imzad of the Tuareg communities of Algeria, Mali, and Niger were inscribed in the list of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity in which year?
7. Where is the lost catholic church Diocese of Vittoriana located?
8. The European wars of religion were a series of wars waged in Europe during which centuries?
16th, 17th, and early 18th centuries
9. The Battle of White Mountain in Bohemia took place in which year?
10. Which war ultimately led to the forced conversion of the Bohemian population back to Roman Catholicism?
Thirty Years’ War
11. Protestant Reformation began in which year?
12. The Knights’ Revolt was a short-lived revolt by several German protestants took place in which year?
13. Which historic war was held in Germany during 1524–1525?
German Peasants’ War
14. Union of Arab Football Associations (UAFA) was founded in which year?
15. Alaska Airlines Field at Husky Stadium in Seattle was built in which year?
16. Catholic Church began the Counter-Reformation in which year?
17. Azopardo class – 2 ships (1957-1973) is owned by which country?
18. Who received the Europe Theatre Prize in 1997?
19. Since which century, synthetic fibers such as polypropylene, nylon, or polyester are often used for making carpets?
the 20th century
20. Animated TV show Winky Dink and You was first premiered in which year?
21. Cameo appearances in Alfred Hitchcock’s film Dial M for Murder was released in which year?
22. Which wars took place in Europe during 1639–1651 on the British Isles?
Wars of the Three Kingdoms
23. GIANT (defunct), a men’s magazine was published in which country?
24. In which year, King James VI of Scotland became James I of England?
25. Which term was coined by art historian and critic Barbara Rose in 1967?
26. Albertsons Stadium in Boise was built in which year?
27. The first Kyoto Prize in Arts and Philosophy was awarded to whom in 1985?
28. What is the other name of Habsburg Monarchy, or Habsburg Empire?
29. Which is the collective name for two peace treaties signed in October 1648 in the Westphalian cities of Osnabrück and Münster?
The Peace of Westphalia
30. Alfred was king of Wessex from which year?
31. Who was the father of Alfred the Great?
Æthelwulf of Wessex
32. Which wars took place in Europe during 1655–1690?
33. Which war took place in Europe during 1618–1648?
Thirty Years’ War
34. Opened on 17 August 1889, what was an art exhibition in Melbourne, Australia?
9 by 5 Impression Exhibition
35. Alexandre Cabanel crafted Birth of Venus in which year?
36. In 1965, which festival was founded by the University of Brasília’s diplomat Paulo Emílio Sales Gomes?
Festival de Brasília
37. What (also called The Lady in Gold or The Woman in Gold) is a painting by Gustav Klimt, completed between 1903 and 1907?
Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I
38. Who is the first women minister of Education in Afghanistan?
Anahita Ratebzad – 1979
39. Autumn Affair (1958) is a popular soap opera in which country?
40. Which war took place in 1712 in the Western Alps?
41. Alamodome football stadium in San Antonio was built in which year?
42. The Italian polymath Leonardo da Vinci died in which year?
43. the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland was formed in which year?
44. Which battle was fought on 14 October 1066 between the Norman-French army of William, the Duke of Normandy, and an English army under the Anglo-Saxon King Harold Godwinson, beginning the Norman conquest of England?
The Battle of Hastings
45. Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni, known simply as Michelangelo, was an Italian sculptor, painter, architect, and poet of the High Renaissance born in which city?
Republic of Florence
46. In 2014, Bicycling has been adopted as which state’s sport?
47. At what age Alfred the Great died?
48. Who was the first Prime Minister of Luxembourg, resigned following a Vote of no confidence?
Gaspard-Théodore-Ignace de la Fontaine (1787–1871)
49. United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland ruled during which years?
50. In which country, the “town” status was first conferred on 24 February 1843, when seven of the eight towns that had previously been granted charters?
51. Who is the longest-serving British prime minister?
Sir Robert Walpole
52. Which of the New7Wonders of the World was founded in 312 BC?
53. Currently, where is Bithnah, an ancient settlement located?
54. Benjamin Disraeli, signed the Treaty of Berlin as “Prime Minister of her Britannic Majesty” in which year?
55. Great Britain was one of the major participants in which year, which in fact lasted nine years, between 1754 and 1763?
Seven Years’ War
56. Who crafted the famous sculpture “Battle of the Centaurs” in 1492?
57. The Albanian Royal Navy ship “HMS Phoenix” was wrecked on what date?
14 May 1918
58. Prior to the Georgian era, the Treasury of England was led by whom?
The Lord High Treasurer
59. The Kingdom of Great Britain ruled during which years?
60. International Astronomical Union (IAU) was founded in which year?
61. The Kingdom of the Netherlands shared the same monarchs with the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg during which years?
1815 to 1890
62. Pantheon dome was founded in which location during 128–1436?
63. Who was the 1st Duke of Somerset?
64. George I succeeded the thorn in which year?
65. Who was the 1st Duke of Newcastle?
66. What was the name of the Union side-wheel gunboat sunk in Mobile Bay after heavy damage during the Battle of Mobile Bay on 5 August 1864?
67. In which year, “Our Great Virginia” was made the new state song of Virginia?
68. Which US President established the first national monument, Devils Tower in Wyoming, on September 24, 1906?
69. The Kingdom of England ruled during which years?
70. In 1972, which has been adopted as the state sport in Alaska?
71. Historic Mnarani ruins is located in which country?
72. Rishabha Statue at Gopachal Hill, built by Jain laymen is discovered in which country?
73. What is an act that was passed by the United States Congress and signed into law by Theodore Roosevelt on June 8, 1906?
The Antiquities Act of 1906
74. Stone structures at Lake Tyers, an archaeoastronomical site is located in which country?
75. Djoser was the Egyptian Pharaoh during which years?
76. Which university was founded in 1222 by a group of students and teachers from Bologna, Italy?
The University of Padua
77. The Coffee Club (cafe chain) was founded in which year?
78. Which of the New7Wonders of the World was founded in 2560 BC?
Great Pyramid of Giza
79. The Kingdom of Scotland ruled during which years?
80. Agog! Press was founded in Australia in which year?
81. New 7 Wonders of the World was a campaign started in which year to choose Wonders of the World from a selection of 200 existing monuments?
82. Which battle that took place on August 5, 1864, was an engagement of the American Civil War?
The Battle of Mobile Bay
83. Built in the 1930s and worked until it burned down in 1985, which hotel was a hotel in Sukhumi in Soviet times?
84. Who was the 1st Duke of Newcastle?
85. Ansembourg Castle was founded in 1135 in which country?
86. In 2018, which has been adopted as the state sport in California?
87. What was tea replaced with beer as the breakfast drink for women and children in Britain during the 18th century?
88. During 1947 the ITU adopted the compound Latinate prefix-number words (Nadazero, Unaone, etc.), later adopted by the IMO during which year?
89. The Kingdom of Ireland ruled during which years?
90. Which public research university located in Pisa, Italy, was founded in 1343 by an edict of Pope Clement VI?
The University of Pisa
91. Popular opera “Achille et Polyxène” was composed by whom in 1687?
Jean-Baptiste Lully, Pascal Collasse
92. Which of the New7Wonders of the World is was founded in 700 BC?
Great Wall of China
93. Sarma dish is popular since which empire?
94. Which US state has its nickname Lizard State?
95. Beggen Castle, Luxembourg was founded in which year?
96. What was the first state to name a dog breed as a state symbol, naming the Chesapeake Bay Retriever in 1964?
97. Which US state has a song that was written specifically as a state anthem in 1915?
98. In 2012, Pack burro racing has been adopted as which state’s sport?
99. The Principality of Wales ruled during which years?
100. Which treaty ended the Thirty Years’ War (1618–1648) and Eighty Years’ War (1568–1648), and brought peace to the Holy Roman Empire?
The Peace of Westphalia
More Interesting Quizzes
- 100 Trivia Questions for Adults with Answers Quizzes Printable
- 100 General Knowledge Printable Quiz Questions for Kids
- 100 General Knowledge Trivia Printable Questions with Answers
- 100 Common Knowledge Trivia Questions Answers Printable
- 100 Quizzes for Adults General Knowledge Trivia Printable
- 100 General Knowledge Printable Quiz for Kids with Answers
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers Printable
- 100 Free Quiz Questions And Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Printable Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Hard Random GK Trivia Printable Questions and Answers
- 100 General Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers Printable
- 100 Good Trivia GK Quiz Printable Questions and Answers
- 100 Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers Printable for Seniors
- 100 Quiz Questions And Answers General Knowledge Printable
- 100 Easy Trivia Questions And Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Family Trivia General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 General Knowledge Printable Quiz Easy With Answers
- 100 Easy General Knowledge Quiz With Answers Printable