General knowledge basic questions answers in the English GK trivia quiz printable are full of wit, intelligence, and common sense in order to develop a sharp IQ in the learner’s brain. Gradual and regular learning and practice over these general knowledge basic questions in English will turn the reader more confident, apt and knowledgeable in the long run.
General knowledge basic questions in English quiz is set aptly considering taste, appetite, and level of a learner. Readers will find a lot of variation and useful information while solving these General knowledge basic questions answers in English. Let’s solve these general knowledge basic questions in the English GK trivia quiz printable right now!
General Knowledge basic questions in English
1. Bunny Tracks is a brand of what food?
2. What is Woljeongsa?
3. What is a common fact among Osamu Shimomura, Martin Chalfie and Roger Y. Tsien?
Received the Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2008
4. What is the Wyoming state residents called?
5. What is the UPC barcode for Slovenia?
6. What is the origin of Missouri state name?
Named after the local Missouri people. “Missouri” means “town of the large canoes.”
7. The chako war in 1932-1935 was between which two countries?
Bolivia and Paraguay
8. What state has its nickname Battle Born State?
9. In which sport is the Wingate trophy awarded?
10. Which famous person invented the cat flap?
11. The fennec is the smallest of its species – the smallest what?
12. What is meant by jumble?
Assemble without order or sense
13. What is a common link among alto saxophone, french horn, alto flute, English horn, alto clarinet, viola, alto horn
14. In the original Star Trek series name Spock’s mother?
15. Mount Myohyang is a mountain in which country?
16. How Costa Rica is different from Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Nicaragua?
Each country has kept the blue and white influence in their flag, while Costa Rica is the only flag to have introduced a new colour, namely a red band.
17. In the body where would you find your villi?
18. What is meant by kahikatea?
New Zealand evergreen valued for its light easily worked wood
19. Which state has the motto: Justice for All?
District of Columbia
20. By law what can you not do in Minnesota with your washing line?
Put male-female washing together
21. What are Nissan, Av, Adar and Tishrei?
22. What is Rahman?
23. When is Independence Day in Bahrain?
24. What is the English name for the constellation Hydra?
25. Who received the Nobel Prize in Physics 2007?
Albert Fert and Peter Grünberg
26. What is the TLD for American Samoa?
27. Camden is a city in which country?
28. What is meant by Kama?
Hindu god of love and erotic desire; opposite of Mara
29. The yellow food colouring tartrazine comes from what?
Petrol – Gas in the USA
30. Why do Tibetans grow long nails on little fingers?
To pick noses efficiently
31. What is Self-immolation?
Suicide by fire, often as a form of protest
32. In the Bible Judah was in which province?
33. 004 is the UN code for with country?
34. Skadi is the Norse Goddess of what?
Winter and the Hunt
35. Gerhard Ertl, who receives the Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2007 is from which country?
36. Wife Beware in 1933 was the first film shown where?
37. Which car company manufactured the Leganza?
38. What is the state motto of state Guam?
Tånó I’ Man CHamoru (Chamorro) (English: “Land of the CHamorus”)
39. What did Einstein call “the most difficult thing to understand”?
40. Richard Penniman became famous as who?
41. In the original Star Trek who has an unrequited love for Mr Spock?
42. What is meant by kameez?
A long tunic was worn by people from the Indian subcontinent
43. Malagasy is the language of which country?
44. Who was the first non-head of state to appear on a stamp?
45. What is a common fact among Mario R. Capecchi, Sir Martin J. Evans and Oliver Smithies?
Received the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2007
46. In which sport do you need to score five to win?
Fencing – five hits
47. If the doctor gave you salvarsan he would be treating your what?
48. What is meant by kismet?
Fate or fortune
49. Annika Hansen is which characters name in Star Trek?
Voyager Seven of Nine
50. What is a snood?
A kind of hairnet
51. What type of food is a sachertorte?
Chocolate cake or gateau
52. When is Independence Day in Bangladesh?
53. What is the national sport in Japan?
Sumo Wrestling, baseball
54. Which female name means bright or illustrious?
Clare or Clara
55. Doris Lessing receives The Nobel Prize in Literature in which year?
56. The name of which language means off the coast in Arabic?
57. What is the UPC barcode for France and Monaco
300 – 379
58. Lutsk is a city in which country?
59. El Dago was the name of whose first private plane Frank?
60. Which English Kings armour has the biggest codpiece?
61. Molly Bloom is a fictional character in which famous novel?
62. Traditional Advent candles are two colours pink and what?
63. What is the national sport in Latvia?
Basketball (summer), Ice hockey (winter)
64. Amerigo Vespucci airport is in which city?
65. What is a common fact between Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and Albert Arnold (Al) Gore Jr.?
Received the Nobel Peace Prize 2007
66. In which city is the world’s busiest MacDonald’s?
67. Maithili is a language in which country?
68. What is the national sport in Lithuania?
69. What was the original meaning of the word harlot?
70. Who said, “men are creatures with two legs and 8 hands”?
71. What’s the most commonly used password on computer systems?
72. Mentu Egyptian Tyr Norse Gods of what?
73. How many Popes are there from Germany?
74. Ennisophobia is fear of what?
75. Who receives the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2007
Leonid Hurwicz, Eric S. Maskin and Roger B. Myerson
76. Which Shakespeare character had a daughter called Jessica?
77. The religious text Mishna comes from which religion?
78. ALA is the Alpha 3 code for with country?
79. Name Canada’s oldest incorporated city?
80. What is produced in a ginnery?
81. Disney’s Pluto (nee Rover) was original whose pet dog?
82. What is the origin of Mississippi state name?
From the French rendering of an Anishinaabe name for the river “Misi-ziibi” meaning “Great River.”
83. What is the Arkansas state motto in Latin?
84. What was originally made of bamboo than a plastic called grex?
Hula Hoops by Arthur Melin 1958
85. What is possibly the largest naval battle in history?
The Battle of Leyte Gulf
86. Baron Silas Greenback was the enemy of which character?
87. A female fox is a vixen what is the male fox called?
88. Where is Pope Francis from?
89. In which country is the Nokia company based?
90. What was made illegal in England in 1439?
91. Who was the first golfer to get a hole in one on British TV?
92. What is the Wisconsin state residents called?
93. Who is the only artist that toured with Elvis, Beatles and Eagles?
94. What is the TLD for Algeria?
95. What state has its nickname Granite State
96. Lily Bart is a fictional character in which famous novel?
The House of Mirth
97. What is myrmecology the study of?
98. Polly the parrot was a pet of which president?
99. On what date Greek Russian orthodox churches celebrate?
Xmas January 6th
100. Excluding religious works what is the world’s top-selling book?
Guinness Book of Records
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 100 Basketball Trivia Questions Answers to Learn
- 100 Baseball Trivia Quiz for the Crazy Fans
- 110 Football Trivia Questions for Authentic Fans
- 130 Olympics Trivia that Everyone Should Know
- 100 Super Bowl Trivia Questions to Evoke Surprise
- 100 Jaw-Dropping Soccer Trivia Questions for All
- 100 Dallas Cowboys Trivia for the True Fans
- 100 Harry Potter House Quiz for the Real Fans
- 200 Ocean Trivia Questions Everyone Asks
- 200 Weather Trivia Questions Every Expert Knows
- 100 Biology Trivia Questions None Should Miss
- 100 April Fools Trivia Every Intelligent Should Know
- 114 Valentines Day Trivia Everyone Should Solve
- 123 Cricket Quiz Questions and Answer for Fans
- 111 Cricket Trivia General Knowledge for All Time
- 120 NHL Quiz that Every Crazy Fan Should Solve
- 101 NHL Basic Trivia Questions for Hockey Fans
- 140 Golf Trivia Questions that Every Fan Should Know
- 55 Passover Trivia to Know All About Pesach
- 125 Tennis Quiz to Transform You As An Expert
Leave a Reply