These general knowledge questions with answers in English are really entertaining. Some people are learning heavily, some are in a moderate mood. Everyone’s limit, merit, memory, and capacity are not the same. However, the good thing is that there are some general knowledge printable quizzes trivia you can acquire easily in order to improve common sense.
What is happening today is becoming past tomorrow. The sources of the general knowledge questions with answers in English trivia quizzes are trustworthy and fresh. You can trust the facts and contemplate over and again with the facts of English quiz questions general knowledge by heart.
Let’s solve these general knowledge questions with answers in English in order t improve your GK learning. Disseminate these general knowledge questions with answers in English among others, where you can really drive away others.
General knowledge questions with answers in English
1. Who is a Bay Stater?
Inhabitant of Massachusetts state
2. Where is the Antwerp Centraal Station situated?
3. Joe Gargery is a fictional character in which novel?
Great Expectations (Charles Dickens)
4. What architecture is called Minster?
The seat of a diocesan bishop within the Catholic, Orthodox, and Anglican churches
5. What is Operation Flintlock?
Gilbert and Marshall Islands campaign was a series of battles fought from November 1943 through February 1944.
6. During which time the North Star was the star Thuban, otherwise known as Alpha Draconis?
7. In which US city, you are forbidden from sitting on the ground within 5 feet of another person?
8. What caused Alice Munro to receive the Nobel Prize in Literature 2013?
“master of the contemporary short story”
9. What is bonny?
Very pleasing to the eye
10. Who has a famous speech: Duty, Honor, Country?
(Gen) Douglas MacArthur
11. Who is the Patron Saint of Spain?
12. What is the national sport in Barbados?
13. Roy Scherer jr became famous as who?
14. Duvali, Dushira, and Holi are religious days in which religion?
15. For what sport is the Camanachd cup contested?
16. How many different helix shapes DNA forms?
At least three
17. What bird has the maximum recorded lifespan of 36 years?
Herring Gull — Royal Albatross
18. What famous person was born in Ahmednagar, India?
19. If you landed at Shannon airport where are you?
20. Who wrote Brave New World (full name)?
21. In 1656 Christian Huygens invented what type of timekeeper?
22. Who was Marcel Bertrand?
Marcel Bertrand was a French mine engineer who founded tectonic geology and formulated the orogenic wave theory of mountain-building.
23. Where is the volcanic archipelago the Kuril Islands or Kurile Islands?
24. In 1643 Evangalisa Torichelli invented the first what?
25. Who wrote the book: The Thirty-Nine Steps?
26. What is the Puerto Rico state motto?
John is his name
27. Who has a famous speech: The Great Silent Majority?
Richard Milhous Nixon
28. What shape is Fusilli pasta?
29. What is Independence Day of Zambia?
30. What is botchy?
31. What is Massacre, mass murder, or Spree killing?
The killing of many people.
32. The Golden Rain is the common name of what tree?
33. What is a chapel
A chapel is A Christian place of prayer and worship that is usually relatively small and is distinguished from a church.
34. What is Shariah?
The revealed and canonical laws of the religion of Islam.
35. What is the date of statehood of Ohio?
March 1, 1803
36. What is the origin of Virginia’s state name?
In honor of Elizabeth “Virgin Queen” of England
37. What links – Sarte, Neitzsche, Russell and Decartes?
38. Which US president had pets named horses named Jeff Davis, Julia, Jennie, Mary, Butcher Boy, Cincinnatus, Egypt, and St. Louis?
Ulysses S. Grant
39. What links Calabria, Liguria, Puglia and Veneto?
Regions of Italy
40. Where is Kwajalein Atoll?
Kwajalein Atoll is part of the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI)
41. What is the language of native to Samoa islands?
42. German wine is made from mainly what grape?
43. What is the Idaho state nickname?
44. What are the Alabama state residents called?
45. When is the World No Tobacco Day?
46. Barrel size – what wine barrel contains 126 gallons?
47. Which French designer won the U.S. Open in 1926?
Jean Rene Lacoste
48. Who has a famous speech: Ich bin ein Berliner?
John Fitzgerald Kennedy
49. In 1899 the Eastman company in the USA produced the first want?
Kodak 1 – handheld roll film cam
50. Who is a Michigander, Michiganian, or Michiganite?
Inhabitant of Michigan state
51. St. Pancras International station is situated in which city?
52. What book starts with the words – Call me Ishmael?
53. What is bowline?
A loop knot that neither slips nor jams
A type of knot
54. Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar famous under what nickname?
55. In which US city, it is against the law to complain through the mail that a hotel has cockroaches, even if it is true?
56. 23 29 31 first 3 impossible numbers in what pub game?
Darts – can’t score 1 dart
57. Who wrote the book: Ulysses?
58. Which two metals are alloyed to make pewter?
Tin and Lead
59. Pip is a character in which novel?
60. Whose motto is ” Nation shall speak peace unto Nation “?
61. What is the date of the statehood of Louisiana?
April 30, 1812
62. France Chevalier Germany Ritter Spain Caballero what?
63. What outlaws last words were supposed to be ” such is life”?
64. In 1993, scientists discovered a four-stranded DNA knot called what?
An i-motif or i-DNA
65. Ondinism is arousal from what?
66. In Zion city Illinois it’s illegal to do what?
Make ugly faces at anyone
67. What is braggart?
A very boastful and talkative person
68. What is Mokum?
69. What is the language of Romania?
70. What is the Grand Central Terminal in New York?
71. What is Independence Day of Yemen?
72. What is the flower of September?
Aster or Morning Glory
73. What is the Hawaii state nickname?
Aloha State (1959)
74. Who sang about Sylvia’s Mother?
75. What is the national sport in Bangladesh?
76. The FIS governs what sport?
International Ski Federation
77. Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC, KCB, KCIE is a fictional character created by whom?
78. Which US president had a pet named Grim, a greyhound?
Rutherford B. Hayes
79. VH international airline registration letters what country?
80. What is bulgur?
Parched crushed wheat
81. What is Human sacrifice?
The killing of a human for sacrificial, often religious, reasons.
82. What does a hyperphiliac suffer from?
Great desire for sex
83. Who are Martin Karplus, Michael Levitt, and Arieh Warshel?
The Nobel Prize Laureates in Chemistry 2013
84. What line on a map connects places of equal rainfall?
85. Ventura county California who/what cant have sex without a permit?
86. What is the origin of Washington’s state name?
In honor of George Washington
87. What animal’s name translates as water horse?
88. Who wrote the book: Mrs. Dalloway?
89. Which connects Delft, Sevres, Wedgwood, Chelsea?
90. What links Vespasian, Titus Domitian Nerva Rulers?
Roman Empire, 96 to 98
91. Collective nouns – An obstinacy of what?
92. Milano Centrale station is in which country?
93. In about 13,000 years, which star will be the new North Star?
94. In which US city, it is illegal to store things in your garage (except for your car)?
95. What is the US are Ambassador Ben Franklin George Washington?
96. Born in 1906, who was a physicist who contributed to quantum electrodynamics, nuclear physics, solid-state physics, and particle astrophysics?
97. What is the South Carolina state motto in Latin?
Animis opibusque parati
98. Which country introduced the world’s first diesel loco in 1912?
99. Who received the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2013?
James E. Rothman, Randy W. Schekman and Thomas C. Südhof
100. William Brown is a fictional character in which book?
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 101 General Knowledge Exam for Genuine Learners
- 99 Basic Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 50 Fun Family Trivia Questions to Solve at Home
- 100 True or False for Kids who Love to Win the Race
- 101 Random History Questions of All Ages
- 45 Easy True or False Questions You Should Know All
- 49 Lifetime General Trivia Questions Multiple Choice
- 99 GK Multiple Choice Questions and Answers
- 55 World History Trivia Questions for Any Competition
- 51 Good True or False Questions to Ask Anyone
- 99 World Geography Questions to Be An Intellectual
- 70 Cinephilia Disney True or False Questions
- 60 Funny True or False Questions and Answers
- 300 General Knowledge Quiz for Kids under 10
- 100 Basic Knowledge Questions to Answer 100%
- 60 History Trivia for Kids with Scholastic Mind
- 50 Mastermind History Trivia Questions for Kids
- 100 Challenger General Knowledge Test Practice
- 100 Hard History Trivia Questions Answers Printable
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
Leave a Reply