Some general knowledge questions in English are clearly different than others. Learning can be a play if you find something interesting in it, like some general knowledge questions in English. Learning with fun always gives a permanent knowledge that one also needs to update from time to time.
Here are some general knowledge questions in English that will definitely keep you ahead of others. Resources are everywhere, but some people don’t dare to handle them for fun and learn. Some general knowledge questions in English open up passion for learning more like these to pave the way of competitive learning as nutritious food for the brain food.
Let’s solve here some general knowledge questions in English printable trivia quizzes appropriate for the GK lovers.
Some general knowledge questions in English
1. Thing One, and Thing Two are characters in which children book by Theodor Geisel?
The Cat in The Hat
2. What was the last country to abolish slavery?
3. Who was Hendrik Lorentz?
Hendrik Lorentz was a Dutch physicist who discovered and explained the Zeeman effect and derived the transformation equations used by Albert Einstein to describe space and time. Lorentz won the Nobel Prize in 1902.
4. On what date the Red Army was formed by Leon Trotsky?
April 22, 1918
5. Who discovered DNA in 1869?
6. In which city, motor vehicles may not drive on city streets unless a man with a lantern is walking ahead of it?
7. What is meant by the term dillydally?
Postpone doing what one should be doing
8. Who has the famous speech: First Inaugural Address?
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
9. Who wrote the famous fiction: Moby-Dick?
10. What is Feticide?
The act of killing a fetus
11. Hans Castorp is a fictional character of which famous novel?
The Magic Mountain
12. What does Raheem imply?
13. Which US president had pets named Dot, a terrier?
Rutherford B. Hayes
14. What was a Nuremberg egg?
15. What is Jamaica Emancipation Day?
August 1, 1834
16. On what date Massachusetts became a state?
February 6, 1788
17. What is Independence Day in Togo?
18. Who invented the Colt revolver?
19. Which country has the city named Izhevsk?
20. Oskar Matzerath is a fictional character of which famous novel?
The Tin Drum
21. In DC comics Linda Lee Danvers is whose alter ego?
22. What is meant by the term dither?
be undecided or uncertain
23. Australian Clement Wragge instituted what?
24. What shape is a saggitated leaf?
25. The hero of which comic novel, is a middle-aged insurance salesman who lives in an average English suburban row house with a wife and two children?
Coming Up for Air (1939) by George Orwell
26. Who has the famous speech: 1976 DNC Keynote Address?
Barbara Charline Jordan
27. What was Procul Harem’s greatest hit?
A whiter shade of pale
28. Who was an American surgeon and started the Mayo Clinic concept?
Charles Horace Mayo
29. What is the state motto of Oklahoma?
Labor conquers all things
30. What book was banned in Ireland in 1932?
Brave New World – Aldus Huxley
31. What is Emancipation Day Canada?
August 1st, 1834
32. How many countries are where Persian is an official language?
4 countries (Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Dagestan)
33. In what country does the cow tree grow – sap looks tastes milk?
34. On what date the Fosse Ardeatine massacre in Rome, Italy took place where 335 Italians are killed, including 75 Jews and over 200 members of various groups in the Italian Resistance?
24 March 1944
35. What language is spoken in Turkmenistan?
36. Molly Bloom is the fictional character in which famous book?
Leopold’s wife in James Joyce’s Ulysses.
37. What food was invented in a sanatorium in 1890?
Kellogg corn flakes
38. In which US city, it’s illegal to shoot a rabbit from the back of your car?
39. What is a Hummum?
40. Who won the Nobel Prize in 1950 and was a Swiss chemist, invented a method to artificially synthesize vitamin C?
41. What is Independence Day in Tibet?
42. What is the motto of Oregon in English?
She flies with her own wings
43. Zazie is a fictional character of which famous novel?
Zazie Dans le Métro (translated as both Zazie in the Metro and Zazie) is a French novel written in 1959 by Raymond Queneau
44. What is meant by the term dithyramb?
A passionate hymn
45. The penny black – world’s first stamp – what was second?
46. When did slavery in South Africa start?
47. What is a Bellwether?
Leader of a flock of sheep
48. Who was in charge of the Red Army?
49. What is the origin of Ohio’s state name?
From a Seneca word meaning “great river”
50. What was the first state to free slaves?
51. What is the nickname of Maryland state?
52. Which country produces Tokay?
53. How many slaves were there in France?
54. What is the national sport in Pakistan?
55. In which sport are left-handed people banned from playing?
56. Michael Henchard is a fictional character of which famous novel?
The Mayor of Casterbridge
57. What is the main language of Poland?
58. Robert Langford Modini became more famous as who?
59. When did slavery start in England?
During Early British slaving voyages, 1562 onward
60. By US Congress law 1832 citizens should do what annually?
Fasting and prayer
61. What is Russia’s most elite unit?
62. Which country has the city named Parla?
63. When did Africa ban slavery?
64. What is the national sport in Papua New Guinea?
65. Collective nouns – A congress or flange of what?
66. Who was a 1986 Nobel Prize winner and German physicist, invented the scanning tunneling microscope that could view individual atoms?
67. The Stirling prize is awarded annually for which field of design?
68. What country has the largest army?
69. Galt MacDermot wrote what 1967 musical stage show?
70. Pechorin is a fictional character of which famous novel?
A Hero of Our Time
71. What are the residents of Idaho called?
72. Which US president had pets such as pigs; dogs; a parrot; and roosters?
Ulysses S. Grant
73. What are the colors of Juneteenth?
Red, white, and blue
74. What is the nickname of Massachusetts?
75. What is the main religion in Kazakhstan?
76. When did slavery end in Paris?
77. Who wrote the famous fiction: Vanity Fair?
William Makepeace Thackeray
78. Where could you legally flash your dong – then spend it?
79. Where did most of the slaves from Africa go?
80. What planet in our system is not named after a god?
81. What wood is plywood mostly made from?
82. Flora Poste is a fictional character of which famous novel?
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
83. If you landed at Balice airport where would you be?
84. Anthony Pratt invented what in the 1940s?
85. When is the birthday of Jean Picard, who was a French astronomer and first accurately measured the length of a degree of a meridian (longitude line) and from that computed the size of the Earth?
July 21, 1620
86. What is meant by the term daguerreotype?
A photograph made by an early photographic process
87. Who was eaten by dogs in the Old Testament?
88. When did slavery end in Italy?
89. The Bald Eagle is America’s bird – What is Britain’s?
90. What are the residents of Georgia called?
91. On what date Connecticut became a state?
January 9, 1788
92. What state did not have slaves?
93. Parcheesi is the national game of which country?
94. What is meant by the term deckle?
The rough edge left by a deckle on handmade paper or produced artificially on machine-made paper
95. The Salinas Valley was the rejected title what Steinbeck book?
East of Eden
96. George is a fictional character of which famous novel?
The Great Gatsby
97. Who wrote the famous fiction: The Scarlet Letter?
98. What does Zip stand for in the American Zip Code?
Zone Improvement Plan
99. Who invented the use of pyrogallic acid as a developing agent?
Henri Victor Regnault
100. What was the name of Isaac Newton’s dog – caused a fire in the lab?
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 120 Tennis Trivia Questions to Improve your Basic
- 80 St Patrick’s Day Trivia Questions and Answers
- 75 Food and Drink Trivia Quiz for Gourmets
- 70 Food and Drink Trivia Questions to Make Hungry
- 125 Toddler Trivia that Cute Kids Always Love to Reply
- Maths Quiz Questions Only Geniuses Could Solve
- 123 Math Trivia for Kids that Makes Children Inquisitive
- What is Best MCAT Score | FAQs | How to Score Good
- 111 Fundamental Maths Trivia Questions for All
- 100 Maths Quiz Questions with Answers Elementary
- 101 Math Trivia Questions and Answers from Basic
- 300 Maths Quiz with Answers for Practice at Home
- 77 General History Quiz As If You Experience Past
- 66 Funny True or False Questions and Answers List
- 99 Movie Trivia Quiz Only for the Crazy Fans
- 101 Random History Trivia – Discover the Unknown
- 111 Hard True or False Questions that Make You Expert
- 200 TV Show Trivia for All Ages with Evergreen Minds
- 50 True or False Trivia to Outrun Anyone You Know
- 55 Funny True or False Questions You Didn’t Know