Here are 101 general knowledge questions and answers printable trivia quizzes for readers. A successful life is full of hard work and struggle. In order to succeed in life, one has to try hard. A competitive mind finally explodes. When a person continuously tries and tries to learn, and practice, success with many quizzes like 101 general knowledge questions and answers printable.
101 general knowledge questions and answers are superb with variation and gist of useful information and facts related to general knowledge quizzes. Readers will obviously get entertainment while learning these 101 general knowledge questions and answers.
Let’s solve these 101 general knowledge questions and answers handy to enhance knowledge as well as make a habit of learning continuously.
101 general knowledge questions and answers
1. Basilique du Sacré-Coeur is situated in which city?
2. The gene consists of how many bases of 0.08% of the human genome?
3. What is the origin of Florida’s state name?
From the Spanish Pascua Florida, meaning “feast of flowers” (Easter)
4. Which US state has the nickname- Treasure State
5. What is meant by homunculus?
A person who is tiny or diminutive
6. Which American author wrote The Turn of the Screw?
7. What are the residents of Montana called?
8. Charles Portis wrote the novel of the film John Wayne’s Oscar?
9. What is Grandpa Simpson’s first name?
10. Kirtland Temple in Kirtland, is situated in which city?
11. Which US president had a pet named Lara, a Newfoundland?
12. In the Dr. Dolittle stories what type of creature was?
13. What is Charrería?
The national sport in Mexico
14. Odessa is a city in which country?
15. Who was pope in 1150?
Pope Alexander III
16. What is meant by hoydenism?
Masculinity in women (especially in girls and young women)
17. USA supreme court 1962 said who can’t be imprisoned – illegal?
18. What is Independence Day in South Africa?
19. Which country has .ye as the TLD?
20. How did Scrooge McDuck earn his first dime?
21. LDS temple is situated in which city in Utah, USA?
Salt Lake City
22. Where did you find Shadow Speedy Bashful Pokey?
Pac man Blinky Pinky Inky Clyde
23. What is Parricide or parenticide?
The killing of one’s mother, father, or another close relative.
24. Who sang about Angel in a Centrefold?
J Geils Band
25. What is meant by huisache?
Tropical American thorny shrub or small tree
26. Who is the Roman Goddess of sorcery hounds and crossroads?
27. Jay Gatsby is a fictional character in which novel?
The Great Gatsby
28. Name UK TV show with Jim Hacker and Sir Humphrey Appleby?
29. Which area of water separates India from Sri Lanka?
30. Mount Ecclesia Temple is in which city?
31. What countries brides get the most diamond engagement rings?
32. Vodka, Orange juice, and Cranberry juice make which cocktail?
33. Who was the 1st pope?
34. In 1901 Dr. Dausand demonstrated what that never caught on?
Silent Cinema — for the blind
35. What is the origin of Georgia’s state name?
In honor of George II of England
36. What area in the US translates from the Dutch as Broken Valley?
37. What is Malayalam?
38. In Islam what is the fourth pillar of wisdom – there’s 5 in total?
Fasting in Ramadan
39. Only three Angels are named in Bible Gabriel Michael and who?
40. Mario Vargas Llosa, laureate of The Nobel Prize in Literature 2010 was born in which country?
41. In medicine what is an Anomaloscope used for?
Test for color blindness
42. What is the capital of Belarus?
43. Cathedral of Christ the Saviour is situated in which city in Russia?
44. What is the capital of Venezuela?
45. Prosopography is the study of what?
46. What is meant by ichthyologist?
A zoologist who studies fishes
47. Who was the only English King crowned on the battlefield?
48. Who was pope in 1184?
Pope Lucius III
49. N2O is more commonly known as what?
50. Who has received the Nobel Peace Prize 2010?
51. In the rules of golf what type of bad weather can stop play?
52. What is the currency of Turkey?
53. What is the nickname of Nebraska?
Cornhusker State (1945)
54. A professional boxer is limited to 36 feet – feet of what?
Bandages on hands
55. What does the VO on a bottle of Seagrams stand for?
56. What is Kenesa?
Kenesa is the term for an East European Karaite or Persian synagogue
57. What was unusual about Joe Davis the World Snooker Champ?
Blind in one eye
58. Humbert Humbert is a fictional character in which novel?
59. What is Malay (Bahasa Melayu)?
60. What’s round in London and Paris but Square in New York?
Underground / metro / tube tunnels
61. What are the residents of Missouri called?
62. Leeds is a city in which country?
63. Name the Indian version of Barbie?
64. What is Patricide?
The act of killing one’s father (Latin: pater “father”).
65. On an ordnance survey map what does an H in a circle represent?
66. What is meant by jackanapes?
Someone who is unimportant but cheeky and presumptuous
67. Name the Egyptian God of funerals?
68. What is Qadr according to Islam?
Allah’s plan; fate; predestination
69. Which fashion designer said – A woman is as old as her knee?
70. Who has received The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2010?
Peter A. Diamond, Dale T. Mortensen, and Christopher A. Pissarides
71. What is the name of Data’s cat in Star Trek Next Generation?
72. What is Independence Day in Somalia?
73. In WW2 what was unique about the US 222 Infantry battalion?
All Japanese or Hawaiian immigrants
74. The Sokka Pagoda of the Pohyonsa Buddhist temple is situated in which country?
75. Which state has the motto United we stand, divided we fall?
76. Which US president had a horse named The General?
77. Neopolitan is a brand of what food?
78. Scrutinise Swirl Sniff Sip – what are you doing?
79. What is the national sport in Mauritius?
80. How many popes are there in the world?
81. What word starts and ends with und
82. What is the TLD of Western Sahara?
83. Let it be perpetual – is the motto of which US state?
84. In which 1956 film did Elvis Presley make his debut?
Love me Tender
85. Who have received the Nobel Prize in Physics 2009?
Charles Kuen Kao, Willard S. Boyle, and George E. Smith
86. On the Beaufort scale 8 represents what?
87. Holden Caulfield is a fictional character in which novel?
The Catcher in the Rye
88. The word planet comes from Greek what’s it literally mean?
89. In some areas of Paris what is provided for dogs?
Private flush toilets
90. What is the Jungang Pagoda?
Seven-story Stone Pagoda is situated in South Korea.
91. Lepcha people of Tibet consider it proper to pay teachers in what?
Alcohol is acceptable
92. In Star Trek Generation what does Captain Picard drink?
Earl Grey Hot
92. In Christian tradition what day is known as the festival of lights?
Candlemas 2 Feb
93. What is the motto of Hawaii in Latin?
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i ka pono
94. Sailors round the horn – off which country are they doing it?
95. Herta Müller has received The Nobel Prize in Literature 2009 for what contribution?
“who, with the concentration of poetry and the frankness of prose, depicts the landscape of the dispossessed”
96. Soyuz was a soviet spacecraft but what’s it literally mean?
97. American comes from the USA what someone from Monaco called?
98. Root Beer Float is a brand of what food?
99. In what sport would you find a Hosel?
Golf – Hole in club shaft fits into
100. What is a Seokgatap?
101. What is meant by jambeau?
Armor plate that protects legs below the knee
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 120 Tennis Trivia Questions to Improve your Basic
- 80 St Patrick’s Day Trivia Questions and Answers
- 75 Food and Drink Trivia Quiz for Gourmets
- 70 Food and Drink Trivia Questions to Make Hungry
- 125 Toddler Trivia that Cute Kids Always Love to Reply
- Maths Quiz Questions Only Geniuses Could Solve
- 123 Math Trivia for Kids that Makes Children Inquisitive
- What is Best MCAT Score | FAQs | How to Score Good
- 111 Fundamental Maths Trivia Questions for All
- 100 Maths Quiz Questions with Answers Elementary
- 101 Math Trivia Questions and Answers from Basic
- 300 Maths Quiz with Answers for Practice at Home
- 77 General History Quiz As If You Experience Past
- 66 Funny True or False Questions and Answers List
- 99 Movie Trivia Quiz Only for the Crazy Fans
- 101 Random History Trivia – Discover the Unknown
- 111 Hard True or False Questions that Make You Expert
- 200 TV Show Trivia for All Ages with Evergreen Minds
- 50 True or False Trivia to Outrun Anyone You Know
- 55 Funny True or False Questions You Didn’t Know