There are many general knowledge questions and answers in English trivia printable. New things are taking place every day, the urge of learning more is growing up every moment in order to keep pace with the world. The need of learning old things is also evergreen. However, the good thing is that there are some general knowledge printable quizzes trivia you can acquire easily in order to improve common sense.
You need your interest to carry on. The sources of the general knowledge questions and answers in English are trustworthy and fresh. You can trust the facts and contemplate over and again with the facts of English quiz questions general knowledge by heart.
Let’s solve these general knowledge questions and answers in English in order t improve your GK learning. Disseminate these general knowledge questions and answers in English among others, where you can really drive away others.
General knowledge questions and answers in English
1. The Geneva Convention agreements were signed in what year?
2. What is a Vihara?
A Buddhist monastery found abundantly in Bihar
3. What did Doug Engelbart invent in 1964?
First Computer Mouse Made of Wood
4. What is – The City of Angels?
5. What is a Baby Hawk called?
6. What is mawkish?
Effusively or insincerely emotional
7. International Red Cross and Red Crescent-ICRC were awarded the Nobel Peace Prize on how many occasions?
Three occasions (in 1917, 1944, and 1963)
8. What is the act of killing a prominent person for either political, religious, or monetary reasons called?
9. What is Sabr according to Islam?
Patience in difficulty
10. What is measured by an interferometer?
Wavelength of light
11. When was Illinois became a state?
December 3, 1818
12. Who received The Nobel Prize in Literature 2014?
13. You may only throw a frisbee at the beach in which county with the lifeguard’s permission?
14. In 1953 what was first successfully transmitted in the USA?
15. What is Shoat?
16. Who wrote Northanger Abbey?
17. In DNA bonding, Guanine always joins with what?
18. When is Independence Day in Azerbaijan?
19. Which US state has this motto: While I breathe, I hope?
20. What airline identification code is VS?
21. What was invented by James Dewar in 1872?
Vacuum or thermos flask
22. What are the Georgia state nicknames?
Peach State, Empire State of the South
23. Led Deighton trilogy Game Set Match What 3 Capitals?
Berlin, Mexico, London
24. What do ungulate animals alone have?
25. What is a baby Jellyfish called?
26. What sport links Castle Cup, Red Stripe Cup, Ranji Trophy?
27. Ubhauli Parva is celebrated in which country?
28. Dr. Ludwig L Zamenhof invented what in 1887?
29. What is gawp?
Look with amazement; look stupidly
30. In which G&S operetta is eating a sausage roll a secret sign?
The Grand Duke
31. An aubade or alborda is a song – but what type?
32. The Ancient Roman architecture, a basilica was in the Latin West equivalent to what is the Greek?
A stoa in the Greek East
33. Who won the World Series in 1987?
34. Who wrote: The Trial?
35. What is a Baby Beaver?
Pup, Kit, Kitten
36. Which president had a pet name Calamity Jane, a sheepdog?
37. What is the largest state in the USA?
38. Who is Ada Lovelace?
Ada Lovelace lived in England is the first known female Computer Programmer, famous for working on the “Analytical Engine.”
39. Who wrote The Picture of Dorian Grey in 1891?
40. What is the food of the secretary bird?
41. What country has the national sport name Pato?
42. What is the world’s oldest monotheistic religion?
43. Who was born in 1904, a physician and the founder of Planned Parenthood?
44. Who composed The Planets suite (both names)?
45. What is Puggle?
46. Who received The Nobel Peace Prize 2014?
Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai
47. What is the Battle of Cisterna?
The Battle of Cisterna took place during World War II, on 30 January–2 February 1944, near Cisterna, Italy, as part of the Battle of Anzio, part of the Italian Campaign.
48. Giacomo Agostini – 122 Grand Prix 15 world titles what sport?
49. What is snickersnee?
Fighting with knives
50. What bridge links a Palace with a State Prison?
Bridge of Sighs — Venice
51. When is Independence Day in Austria?
52. When was Maine was a state?
March 15, 1820
53. What is a Wat?
The name for a monastery temple in Cambodia and Thailand
54. Which human rights organization founded in 1961 got Nobel in 1977?
55. What is a Baby Swan called?
56. In 1779 Abraham Darby built the world’s first what?
57. Polaris, the Earth’s current “North Star” will eventually begin to shift positions as the Earth undergoes precession. T/?F?
58. It’s illegal to injure or disturb a rock in which city’s City Park?
59. What is Democide?
The murder of any person or people by a government
60. The African and French marigolds are native to what country?
61. Aescapalious emblem staff snake Greek-Roman god of what?
62. Where were the first offices for Apple, Microsoft, and HP?
63. What is topple?
Fall down, as if collapsing
64. Who wrote? The Great Gatsby?
F. Scott Fitzgerald
65. What is Fry?
66. Whose autobiography was The long walk to Freedom?
67. What is the origin of Arkansas’s state name?
Likely from a French version of the Illinois name for the local Quapaw people.
68. What links Doric, lonic, Tuscan, Corinthian, and Composite?
69. What is the commonest name for a pub in Britain?
The Red Lion
70. What was the capital of Ethiopia?
71. On 30 January 1944, the Japanese kill 44 suspected spies in where?
The Homfreyganj massacre
72. Who gave the UN the land in NY to build their HQ?
John D Rockefeller
73. The sun rises every 117 Earth days on which planet?
74. Who wrote the Thin Man in 1934 (both names)?
75. Estee Lauder is famous for founding Estee Lauder cosmetics, one of the most popular brands of makeup in the world, born in which year?
76. Which US president has cats named Tom Quartz and Slippers?
77. What is the only creature that can turn its stomach inside out?
78. The First Gigabyte Drive was released in 1980 and weighed how much?
79. What was discovered in 1922 by Howard Carter?
80. What does the word economy mean in original Greek?
81. What 1991 film won the best film, actor, actress, director Oscars?
Silence of the Lambs
82. What is the national sport in Antigua and Barbuda?
83. What is tightwad?
A miserly person
84. Who wrote: A Passage to India?
85. In which US city, there are rules against piling horse manure higher than 6 feet on any street corner?
86. Denis Gabor of Hungary 1971 Nobel prize for what invention?
87. What is the Florida state nickname?
Sunshine State (1970)
88. What is a phonetic alphabet word for U?
89. Pok ta Pok started in Mexico – what modern game/sport is it?
90. What is Frenchtown called?
91. Clyde Tombaugh discovered what planet in 1930?
92. What is the Latin form of Puerto Rico’s state motto?
Joannes Est Nomen Ejus
93. Whitcome Judson in 1891 invented what for fastening shoes?
94. What 3 ingredients make a sidecar cocktail?
Brandy, Cointreau, Lemon juice
95. Who sent the first email in 1971?
Ray Tomlinson, the engineer who invented the email program on the ARPANET system, sent the message to himself and received it on a computer sitting right next to him. So, the first email was a test mail!
96. What was the first James Bond film?
97. Who is Jean Tirole?
Received the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel in 2014
98. Who won the women’s heptathlon at Seoul in 1988?
99. Who sold Louisiana to the USA in 1803?
100. What emperor ordered St Peter crucified?
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 101 General Knowledge Exam for Genuine Learners
- 99 Basic Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 50 Fun Family Trivia Questions to Solve at Home
- 100 True or False for Kids who Love to Win the Race
- 101 Random History Questions of All Ages
- 45 Easy True or False Questions You Should Know All
- 49 Lifetime General Trivia Questions Multiple Choice
- 99 GK Multiple Choice Questions and Answers
- 55 World History Trivia Questions for Any Competition
- 51 Good True or False Questions to Ask Anyone
- 99 World Geography Questions to Be An Intellectual
- 70 Cinephilia Disney True or False Questions
- 60 Funny True or False Questions and Answers
- 300 General Knowledge Quiz for Kids under 10
- 100 Basic Knowledge Questions to Answer 100%
- 60 History Trivia for Kids with Scholastic Mind
- 50 Mastermind History Trivia Questions for Kids
- 100 Challenger General Knowledge Test Practice
- 100 Hard History Trivia Questions Answers Printable
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers