Trivia about Hawaii is really interesting and a good way to learn about this country in North America which has a great variety of cultures and nature. Trivia about Hawaii or interesting facts about Hawaii is really interesting.
Trivia about Hawaii will give you a great idea and conception of Hawaii, you will be able to clarify yourself with fresh and useful Hawaii facts.
This trivia about Hawaii are playful and full of fun. Hawaii Trivia will be good for discussion, competition, or entertainment.
Solve this trivia about Hawaii and be the best with these trivia about Hawaii printable facts.
Let’s Solve below the Trivia about Hawaii
1. What is Hawaii best known for?
- Hawaii is known for its stunning beaches.
- Surfers of all skill levels ride the perfect waves found at Hawaii’s beaches.
- Hawiians exchange flower garlands called leis.
- Kamehameha became Hawaii’s first king in 1810.
- Hula is a Hawaiian dance that tells a story.
- Built in 1879, Iolani Palace was the home of Hawaiian monarchs.
2. What is the main religion in Hawaii?
3. What is the National currency of Hawaii?
4. The term ‘Hawaii’ originated from which word?
The Proto-Polynesian “hawaiki”, which means “Place of the Gods” or “Homeland”.
5. What is the real Hawaiian flag?
At the flag’s center is a green shield bearing a coat of arms, which include a kahili, the original Hawaiian royal standard, and two paddles, meant to represent the voyaging tradition of the Native Hawaiians. The flag’s color scheme is red, yellow, and green meant to represent different groups within Hawaiian society.
6. What is the official language of Hawaii?
English and Olelo Hawai’i
7. What is Hawaii’s national animal?
Hawaiian monk seal
8. Hawaii belongs to which continent?
9. What is the national game of Hawaii?
10. How many stars are there in the Hawaiian Flag?
11. What is the capital of Hawaii?
12. What is the largest city in Hawaii?
13. What are the 8 main islands of Hawaii?
The eight islands are: Hawai’i, Maui, Koho’olawe, Moloka’i, Lana’i, O’ahu, Kaua’i and Ni’ihau.
14. What are some of the your favorite movies and TV shows have been filmed on Hawaiian islands?
- LOST, Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Jurassic Park
- Jurassic World
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- South Pacific
- 50 First Dates
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall
15. What is the national bird of Hawaii?
Nene (Hawaiian goose)
16. What is Hawaii’s national dish/ food?
Poi, made from taro root, a starchy tuber early Hawaiians brought with them from Polynesia
17. What is Hawaii’s national flower?
18. What is Hawaiian National Day?
19. What is Demonyms Hawaii?
Hawaii resident, Hawaiian
20. What does Moana mean in Hawaiian?
Moana means “ocean” in Maori, Hawaiian, and most other Polynesian languages.
21. When was the first constitution of Hawaii formed?
1840. It created two houses; the House of Nobles and House of Representatives.
22. What is Hawaii’s national and the most popular fruit?
23. What is the total area of Hawaii?
10,931 sq mi (28,311 km2)
24. What is the position of Hawaii according to its area?
4,507 sq mi (11,672 km2) 41.2%
25. Who is the National poet of Hawaii?
Steven Kealohapau’ole Hong-Ming WongKealoha
26. What is the population of Hawaii?
27. What is the largest forest in Hawaii?
Hawaiian jungles (6,700 km2 (2,600 sq mi))
28. What is the position of Hawaii according to its population?
29. What is the time zone of Hawaii?
30. What is the Latitude and Longitude of Hawaii?
Latitude : 18° 55′ N to 28° 27′ N
Longitude: 154° 48′ W to 178° 22′ W
31. What is the National anthem of Hawaii?
“The Star Spangled Banner” (Hawai’i Pono’i)
32. What is the Calling Code of Hawaii?
808. In order to call long-distance from one Hawaiian Island to another, dial 1 + 808 + local number.
33. What is the driving side of Hawaii?
34. What is the ISO 3166 code of Hawaii?
35. What do Hawaiians call their friends?
36. What is the National butterfly of Hawaii?
37. What is the first university in Hawaii?
The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa (1907)
38. What is the oldest city in Hawaii?
39. Who is the first King, founder and first ruler of the Kingdom of Hawaii.?
Kamehameha the Great
40. What is the richest city in Hawaii?
41. What was the first capital of Hawaii?
42. What is the largest spider in Hawaii?
43. Who did the US buy Hawaii from?
ALASKA was a Russian colony from 1744 until the USA bought it in 1867 for $7,200,000. It was made a state in 1959. Hawaii was a kingdom until 1893 and became a republic in 1894. It then ceded itself to the USA in 1898 and became a state in 1959.
44. What is the largest dam in Hawaii?
Ka Loko Reservoir
45. What is the National tree of Hawaii?
46. What is the largest tunnel in Hawaii?
Tetsuo Harano Tunnels
The tunnels are located on Interstate H-3, which connects Kaneohe with Interstate H-1 at Hālawa near Pearl Harbor, and are 4,980 feet (1,520 m) long Kaneohe-bound and 5,165 feet (1,574 m) long Halawa-bound.
47. What is the Highest elevation of Hawaii?
13,796 ft (4,205.0 m)
48. What do you call a Hawaiian girl?
49. What is the largest airport in Hawaii?
Honolulu International Airport
50. Who were the first inhabitants of Hawaii?
The Hawaiian Islands were first settled as early as 400 C.E., when Polynesians from the Marquesas Islands, 2000 miles away, traveled to Hawaii’s Big Island in canoes.
51. What is the National fish of Hawaii?
52. What is the longest beach in Hawaii?
53. What is the highest point in Hawaii?
Mauna Kea is the tallest mountain from base to peak at more than 33,500 feet [10,210 meters]
54. How many letters are there in the Hawaiian Alphabet
12 (seven consonants and five vowels: A, E, H, I, K, L, M, N, O, P, U, and W)
55. What is the National color of Hawaii?
56. What are the most common male names in Hawaii?
Noah, Liam, Mason, Elijah and Ezekiel
57. What is the most popular team sport in Hawaii?
Outrigger canoe paddling
58. What is the National instrument of Hawaii?
59. What are the most common Hawaiian female names?
Olivia , Ava, Emma, Amelia and Aria
60. What is the average height of a Hawaiian male?
About 180 centimeters (5′11″)
61. What is the average height of a Hawaiian female?
About 175 centimeters (5′9″)
62. What is the average lifespan of a Hawaiian?
82.4 years (2010)
63. What is the National stone of Hawaii?
64. What is the largest and the most popular tree in Hawaii?
Banyan tree (paniana in Hawaii)
65. What are the ethnic groups in Hawaii?
- Native Hawaiians
- American Indian group
66. What is the national tree in Hawaii?
Kukui tree (Aleurites Moluccana)
67. What is the ocean coastline of Hawaii?
About 750 miles (1,210 km)
68. What is the length of hawaiian railway?
Honolulu Rail Transit, 20 mi (32 km)
69. What is the longest river in Hawaii?
Waimea River (12.1 miles (19.5 km))
70. What is the largest bridge in Hawaii?
Nanue Stream Bridge
71. What is the smallest river in Hawaii?
length of 531 feet and a roadway width of 28 feet
72. Who is the most famous celebrity in Hawaii?
- Barack Obama
- Bruno Mars
- Jack Johnson
- Bethany Hamilton
- Lauren Graham
- Nicole Kidman
- Jason Momoa
- Marcus Mariota
73. What is the largest temple in Hawaii?
Puu O Mahuka
74. Who is the most popular singer in Hawaii?
75. When did Hawaii enter the UN?
August 21, 1959
76. What percent of Hawaii is the forest?
77. What is the largest Waterfall in Hawaii?
Olo’upena Falls (2,953 feet)
78. What is the state plant of Hawaii?
Kalo (Colocasia esculenta), Hawaiian word for taro
79. What is the most famous volcano in Hawaii?
Mauna Loa (13,700 feet high)
80. What is the hottest place in Hawaii?
100 F, Pahala, southern island of Hawaii, 4/27/1931.
81. What are some of the giant companies in Hawaii?
The Big Five were Castle & Cooke, Alexander & Baldwin, C. Brewer & Co., American Factors (now Amfac), and Theo H. Davies & Co.
82. How many mountains are there in Hawaii?
83. What food is Hawaii known for?
- Kalua pig
- Lomi Salmon (lomi-lomi salmon)
- Chicken long rice
- Fruit (like pineapple and lilikoi)
84. What is the oldest Castle in Hawaii?
85. What was the old name of Hawaii?
Sandwich Islands. Captain James Cook named it in 1778 after the name after the Earl of Sandwich
86. What is the oldest building in Hawaii?
The Melchers Building
87. What is the name of the tallest architecture in Hawaii?
First Hawaiian Center (429 ft (131 m))
88. What is the largest lake in Hawaii?
89. What is the most common (and leagl) domesticated animal in Hawaii?
All domesticated dogs (no hybrids, like a wolf-dog crossbreed)
All domesticated cats (no hybrids, like a Bengal or Savannah)
All domesticated rabbits.
All domesticated swine (like a pot-bellied pig)
All domesticated horses.
90. What are the main crops in Hawaii?
Sugar cane and pineapples are Hawaii’s most valuable crops. Hawaii also produces large quantities of flowers, much for export. Coffee, macadamia nuts, avocados, bananas, guavas, papayas, tomatoes and other fruits are grown.
91. What is the main export of Hawaii?
The state’s largest manufacturing export category is petroleum & coal products, which accounted for $303 million of Hawaii’s total goods exports in 2018.
92. What is the smallest mountain in Hawaii?
93. What is the name of the traditional Hawaiian house thatched with grass or leaves?
94. What is the Only US State that Grows Coffee Commercially?
95. How many total islands does Hawaii have?
96. How old is Hawaiian history?
1,500 years ago
97. What is the largest fast-food chain in Hawaii?
Jack in the Box
Shannon Kfc Fong
98. How many UNESCO heritages are there in Hawaii?
1 (Hawaii Volcanoes National Park: Two active volcanoes, Kilauea and Mauna Loa)
99. What are some of the best, top tourist attractions in Hawaii?
Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park
Haleakalā National Park
Nā Pali Coast State Wilderness Park
Kīlauea, Nature preserve with a beach & turtles
Waimea Canyon State Park
Pearl Harbor National Memorial
100. What is the Official website of Hawaii?
101. What is the most dangerous animal in Hawaii?
102. What is the largest cathedral in Hawaii?
Cathedral Basilica of Our Lady of Peace
103. What is the Home to the Largest Pineapple Maze in the World?
The Dole Plantation (Hawaii)
104. What is the nickname of Hawaii?
The Aloha State (official), Paradise of the Pacific, The Islands of Aloha, The 808 State
105. What was the First State to Ban Plastic Bags?
106. What is the state Marine mammal in Hawaii?
Humpback whale (Megaptera novaeangliae)
107. What is the Widest State in America?
108. What’s the biggest city on the island of Hawaii?
109. What is the most beautiful island in Hawaii?
110. Which is the least touristy island in Hawaii?
111. What sports are Outlawed in Hawaii?
112. What each Hawaiian island is known for?
- Oahu: Big City, Small Island.
- Big Island: Large Island, Many Choices.
- Kauai: For the Adventurer Inside You.
- Maui: Romantic Sunsets & Beaches.
- Lanai: Secluded Romance.
- Molokai: Traditional Hawaii.
113. What thing is outlawed in Hawaii?
114. What is the biggest island in Hawaii?
115. You Can Mail a Coconut from-
116. What is the lowest elevation of Hawaii?
0 ft (0 m)
117. Which US state grows by roughly 42 acres each year?
118. Hawaii’s highest and lowest recorded temperatures have both occurred on its
119. What is the smallest island in Hawaii?
120. The Hawaiian macadamia nut does not actually come from
121. King Kamehameha Day, which takes place on 11th June in Hawaii to honor
122. What is the smallest city in Hawaii?
123. How many cities are thee in Hawaii?
124. Which is the least populated city in Hawaii?
125. What is the only US state made up entirely of islands?
126. What should I avoid in Hawaii?
- Don’t stand next to the blowhole.
- Don’t eat at a chain restaurant.
- Don’t let a commercial luau be your only exposure to Hawaiian culture. Don’t limit your visit to Oahu.
- Don’t avoid the Island of Hawaii.
- Don’t only stay in resort towns.
- Don’t hike illegally or start a hike late in the day.
- Don’t take lava rocks.
127. No building on Kauai can be taller than a palm tree by law in
128. Hawaii has its own time zone named
Hawaiian Standard Time
129. Why does Hawaii doesn’t follow Daylight Saving Time?
It has own timezone
130. Hawaii is the ____ widest state in the U.S.
131. What is the smallest inhabited island open to visitors in Hawaii?
132. When is the Cheapest Time to Visit Hawaii
The Fall. September through the first two weeks of December are the off-peak or “low season” in Hawaii. …
April and May. The months between the end of the winter rainy season and the start of summer offer great prices and fantastic weather.
133. What island in Hawaii is only for natives?
134. What do Hawaiians eat for breakfast?
Breakfast. Portuguese sausage, eggs and rice is one of the most common breakfasts of Hawaii. It includes linguiça (Portuguese sausage), eggs, and white rice.
135. Which state has lost more wildlife species than any other state?
136. What is the most expensive Hawaiian island to visit?
137. It is considered rude to refuse to wear on the Hawaii what if someone offers it?
138. Even if you were born and raised in Hawaii, you are not considered to be a true Hawaiian unless
you have ancestry in your family
139. What is the official flower of Hawaii?
`Ç hi`a lehua (Metrosideros macropus M. collina), also known as Pua lehuais
140. What is the national dance of Hawaii?
141. What is the national Individual sport of Hawaii?
142. What is the national Insect of Hawaii?
Pulelehua, also known as the Kamehameha butterfly (Vanessa tameamea)
Other recommended Trivia
- 120 Chess Trivia Questions and Answers for All
- 111 Sports Trivia Questions for Kids for Excellence
- 120 Good Sports Trivia Questions for Everyone
- 123 Easy Sports Trivia Quiz to Outrun your Competitor
- 100 Sports Quiz Questions for Anytime Learning
- 99 Football Trivia for Kids with Challenging Spirit
- 111 Sports Trivia for Kids to Win A Competition
- 100 Baseball Trivia For Kids with Competitive Minds
- 111 Easy Sports Trivia Questions Everyone Must Know
- 99 Hardest NBA Quiz to Assess your Expertise
- 100 Basketball Trivia Questions Answers to Learn
- 100 Baseball Trivia Quiz for the Crazy Fans
- 110 Football Trivia Questions for Authentic Fans
- 130 Olympics Trivia that Everyone Should Know
- 100 Super Bowl Trivia Questions to Evoke Surprise
- 100 Jaw-Dropping Soccer Trivia Questions for All
- 100 Dallas Cowboys Trivia for the True Fans
- 100 Harry Potter House Quiz for the Real Fans
- 200 Ocean Trivia Questions Everyone Asks
- 200 Weather Trivia Questions Every Expert Knows
- 100 Biology Trivia Questions None Should Miss
- 100 April Fools Trivia Every Intelligent Should Know
- 114 Valentines Day Trivia Everyone Should Solve
- 123 Cricket Quiz Questions and Answer for Fans
- 111 Cricket Trivia General Knowledge for All Time
- 120 NHL Quiz that Every Crazy Fan Should Solve
- 101 NHL Basic Trivia Questions for Hockey Fans
- 140 Golf Trivia Questions that Every Fan Should Know
- 55 Passover Trivia to Know All About Pesach