Geography is very interesting. World geography questions are a way to get a glimpse of geography. We see geography in every step of life, so we cannot ignore this world of geography questions answer. World geography questions give knowledge, as well as minimize confusion. Let’s learn this quiz and share it with your friends. These world geography questions are applicable to any exam and competition.
The ultimate fusion of Gondwana, which combined with Laurasia to the north formed the late Paleozoic supercontinent of Pangea, marking the end of the Paleozoic era. Slowly, subduction stopped under the western Pangean edge. Share geography-related gk questions printable quiz multiple choice free MCQs. The volcanic arc that developed along what is now the Cordillera Central between Chile and Argentina and later along the western continental margin produced igneous rocks that are transitional in nature, meaning that their composition shifts from being primarily andesitic to being primarily rhyolitic.
The transition from a compressive environment associated with subduction to one of intense magmatic activity and crustal extension is indicated by those changes in mineral composition. Solve free MCQ gk questions for geography multiple choice. From southern Peru to the Argentina–Chile border, vast sheets of magma with flood basalts and rhyolite deposits up to 2.5 miles (4 km) thick dominated the west. The raising of the Andes and volcanic cover largely erased such activity farther north throughout the Cenozoic era.
Mesozoic events: The Pangea supercontinent, which was formed by the accumulation of a variety of continental blocks, was unstable and only lasted for a few million years. Explore geography-related gk questions free printable quiz multiple choice. In the late Paleozoic basins, extensive sedimentary cover suggestive of dry conditions accumulated unevenly. Here we go with extensive MCQ gk questions for geography multiple choice. Triassic-aged desertic sandstones, mudstones, and tuffs (i.e., rocks that are between 201 and 252 million years old) have fossilized a diverse fauna of dinosaurs and reptiles that resembled mammals, such as those found in Argentina’s Ischigualasto basin.
During the initial stages of Pangea’s dispersal, a number of Middle to Late Triassic basins were also formed by horizontal crustal expansion. The preceding Paleozoic sutures along the western edge of the continent were substantially followed by those rifted basins. Compete over MCQ gk questions on geography with answers multiple choice. With an increase in subsidence in the Parnaiba and Paraná intracratonic basins, where deposits of the Triassic age have been found from core samples, crustal expansion reactivated the inner section of the supercontinent as well.
A number of Mesozoic and Cenozoic basins that formed along the current Atlantic border provide evidence for the entrance of the South Atlantic Ocean. Bookmark gk questions on geography with answers multiple choice. Clastic red beds in the majority of those basins are from the Late Jurassic and Early Cretaceous periods (about 160 to 100 million years ago). Evaporite salt deposits are found in marine basins with limited circulation, north of Porto Alegre, Brazil.
1. What place has the largest channels of islands?
2. Where is river Nile present?
3. What is capital of Afghanistan?
4. Where is the Alps mountains located?
5. What is the name of the capital city of Peru?
6. What is a dwarf planet of the solar system?
7. Name the planets in the solar system in order
8. How many continents in the world?
9. What is the headquarter of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)?
10. Where is the largest gulf present in the world?
12. What is the name of the highest mountain peak in Oceania?
13. What is the largest city in Latin America?
14. What is the largest continent in the world?
15. What is the name of the gulf that’s separate Sweden and Finland?
16. What is a Chandrasekhar limit?
17. What is the name of the layer that is present just below the earth crust?
18. In which forest do most animal and plant species exist?
19. Do you know where highest sand dunes are present?
20. What is an island of Sri Lanka known as?
21. Where is the island of Seychelles located?
22. Which is the largest desert in the world?
23. Do you know a number of great lakes in Canada?
24. what is the tallest waterfall in the world?
25. Name the longest coastline in the world
26. What is the prime meridian?
27. Name four countries that end with letter L?
28. Name three countries that start with capital D?
29. Name the Funafuti's capital?
30. What is the capital of Republic of Sierra Leone?
31. Which country has its capital Vaduz?
32. What is cattle rearing?
33. The rocky layer of the earth crust is known as?
34. Do you know the science for marking maps?
35. What is exfoliation?
36. Name the rocks due to which upper part of Lithosphere is formed
37. Name the desert where large rocks are present?
38. What is the meaning of Isotherm?
39. Do you know the name of the scientist who first give hypothesis about the mass of Earth?
40. What is the name of the rock that retains water?
41. What is the name the person who first assessed the Earth’s mass?
42. Name the second largest state of USA.
43. What is the third biggest state in the USA?
44. What is the biggest city of China?
45. What is the biggest city in the world?
46. What is the area of state Louisiana?
47. Name the state that has a union jack in its flag?
48. Do you have an idea about the nickname of the pelican state?
49. Do you know the capital of the Mississippi?
50. What is the smallest state in the USA?
51. Which lake is present throughout the US border?
52. Where is Death Valley located in the USA?
53. Do you know about the longest river in the USA?
54. Which is the longest river in Europe?
55. In which units does the length of the day is measured?
56. Which is the second-longest river in Europe?
57. What is the name of the island that has vast coral land coverings?
58. Is carbon dioxide absorbs infrared from sunlight?
59. Do you know where Himalayan mountains are present?
60. Which sea has the highest salinity?
61. Commercially harvested species that are valuable?
62. When the initial increase of the magnetic field in magnetic storms occur?
63. How you define polygenetic landforms?
64. When do temperature immediately rises.
65. Apart from Dutch and French, what is the other official language of Belgium?
66. Which country has Montevideo as its capital city?
67. Which country is nicknamed ‘The Cockpit of Europe’ because of the number of battles throughout history fought on its soil?
68. Which country produces the most oil?
69. Which country produces the most electricity?
70. Which country produces the most coffee?
71. which country produces the most tea?
72. Which country produces the most milk?
73. Which country produces the most banana?
74. What is the capital city of Slovenia, formerly part of the state of Yugoslavia?
75. Is Australia in the northern or the southern hemisphere?
78. In which country is the Yellow River, also known as Huang He, located?
79. What was the name of the supercontinent of 200 million years ago?
80. Which state did the US purchase from Russia?
81. What is the only country through which both the equator and the Tropic of Capricorn pass?
82. Which country is called the Land of Rising Sun?
83. Which country is called the land of the midnight sun?
84. Which country is called the land of thousand lakes?
85. Which country is called the land of lilies?
86. Which country is called the land of rabbits?
87. Which country is called the land of the white elephant?
88. Which country is called the land of prophets?
89. What is Ben Nevis?
90. The United Kingdom consists of England, Scotland, Wales, and which other region?
91. Which country shares the same peninsula as Spain?
92. What are horizontal and vertical imaginary lines around the earth called?
93. Where did people in the mountains of Austria keep their farm animals?
94. In which country would you find the Taj Mahal?
95. Which country has the longest sea beach
96. How many countries surround the Czech Republic?
97. What river flows through the Grand Canyon?
98. Mount Kilimanjaro is located in which continent?
99. What are the only two countries to have a land border with the US?
The Andean orogeny, the most important geologic event of the era, occurred concurrently with the majority of the Cenozoic Era (i.e., around the last 66 million years). The mountain ranges, on the other hand, exhibit some of the same characteristics that were present in earlier orogenies that formed along the western continental margin, including the classical Andean volcanic belt, the east-vergence sub-Andean thrust and fold belt, and a number of cordilleras that trend parallel to the Pacific oceanic trench. Enjoy multiple choice world geography MCQ trivia questions and answers free online test. The subduction of the ocean crust, which was accelerated by the opening of the South Atlantic, is the dominant geomorphic activity along South America’s Pacific margin, and those characteristics are a reaction to it.
Since the middle of the Cretaceous, open marine conditions have predominated throughout the Atlantic basins. Although marine sediments had accumulated and been lithified in those basins for some time prior to that, the first open oceanic circulation between the South and North Atlantic oceans was established along the passive margin of South America in the Late Cretaceous Epoch (roughly 100 to 66 million years ago). Solve multiple choice world geography MCQ trivia questions and answers free online test.
Three independent parts, each of which formed in a different geologic environment, make up the Andean orogeny. The segments are separated into Northern, Central, and Southern sectors based on the relative abundances of Mesozoic-Cenozoic, metamorphic, and oceanic rocks. Around 125 million years ago, sediments began to develop under less constrained drift circumstances. Share geography MCQ questions and answers multiple choice general knowledge. To the north, where clastic marine deposits predominate, these sediments are younger. Deposits of carbonate and clastics can be found in the basins of northern Brazil. Black shale deposits that were formed in an oxygen-poor, restricted-circulation environment throughout the basins of Brazil and Argentina are today plentiful, rich in organic matter, and a significant source of hydrocarbons.
The Miocene Epoch was the first significant global division of the Neogene Period, which lasted from 23 million to 2.6 million years ago. The Early Miocene Epoch (23 million to 16 million years ago), Middle Miocene Epoch (16 million to 11.6 million years ago), and Late Miocene Epoch are frequently used to categorize it (11.6 million to 5.3 million years ago). Discuss geography MCQ questions and answers multiple choice general knowledge. The Aquitanian, Burdigalian, Langhian, Serravallian, Tortonian, and Messinian are the six rock stages and ages that make up the Miocene, listed in order of oldest to youngest. The Miocene Epoch of the Paleogene Period was followed by the Pliocene Epoch, which came after the Oligocene Epoch.
North and South America, southern Europe, India, Mongolia, East Africa, and Pakistan all have significant Miocene deposits. In the Miocene stratigraphic record, both marine and terrestrial habitats are represented. Learn from geography MCQ questions and answers multiple choice general knowledge. The large and diverse record of terrestrial life offers a rather comprehensive understanding of the evolution of vertebrates, particularly mammals.
Other Recommended Quizzes
Other Recommended Quizzes
- 100 Super Bowl Trivia Questions to Evoke Surprise
- 100 Jaw-Dropping Soccer Trivia Questions for All
- 100 Dallas Cowboys Trivia for the True Fans
- 100 Harry Potter House Quiz for the Real Fans
- 200 Ocean Trivia Questions Everyone Asks
- 200 Weather Trivia Questions Every Expert Knows
- 100 Biology Trivia Questions None Should Miss
- 100 April Fools Trivia Every Intelligent Should Know
- 114 Valentine’s Day Trivia Everyone Should Solve
- 123 Cricket Quiz Questions and Answers for Fans
- 111 Cricket Trivia General Knowledge for All Time
- 120 NHL Quiz that Every Crazy Fan Should Solve
- 101 NHL Basic Trivia Questions for Hockey Fans
- 140 Golf Trivia Questions that Every Fan Should Know
- 55 Passover Trivia to Know All About Pesach
- 125 Tennis Quiz to Transform You As An Expert
- 120 Tennis Trivia Questions to Improve your Basic
- 80 St Patrick’s Day Trivia Questions and Answers
- 75 Food and Drink Trivia Quiz for Gourmets
- 70 Food and Drink Trivia Questions to Make Hungry
Leave a Reply