Solving history GK questions in English regularly can lead to a variety of occupations. There are many government jobs (e.g., Departments of Foreign Affairs, Immigration, and Aboriginal Affairs), NGOs of all types, education, journalism and the media, tourism, heritage consultancy, and planning, museums, libraries, archives, public history, and project management where history GK questions in English are badly needed. Some of the world’s most powerful corporate executives have a similar university history experience since they regularly study history GK general knowledge questions answer in English printable online test for free.
History GK questions in English give you an overview of the planet. Printable interesting facts and cool information on history GK questions in English might be tough to go from a scholastic attitude to a working one. Students are given the chance to blend their classroom learning with hands-on experience, as well as alternate times of study with periods of hands-on learning, through in-class speakers and co-op education. This permits students to gradually transition into the workforce rather than being pushed in headfirst with history GK questions in English.
History Hard GK Questions Answer Quiz Test in English
1. Who said, “I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past”?
2. Reddit is blocked in mainland China since which year?
2018 to present
3. Turkey & Armenia agree to a peace treaty in which year?
4. What is the “Merriam-Webster’s Word of the Year” 2006?
truthiness (noun): Truth coming from the gut, not books; preferring to believe what you wish to believe, rather than what is known to be true
5. In 1676 Swedish army of 8,000 defeated a much larger joint Danish/Dutch force of 13,000 in which battle?
Battle of Lund (Scanian War)
6. Enlightening: Letters, 1946-1960 – a popular book was written by which British philosopher?
7. The parliament of the United Kingdom was started in 1801 under which Monarch?
8. In 1921, CFL Grey Cup, Varsity Stadium, Toronto: Toronto Argonauts win 2nd Championship; beat which team, 23-0?
9. Which political party in the UK was founded in 1971?
Democratic Unionist Party
10. In 1834, the first US dental society was organized in which city?
11. The first and oldest U.S. youth orchestra is the Portland Youth Philharmonic, founded in which year as the Portland Junior Symphony Association?
12. Who held 4 years, 365 days in office as the President of Slovenia, ended on 22 December 2012?
13. In 1923, the First Congressional open session was broadcast via radio in which city?
14. Who was a mechanical engineer credited with hydraulic power pioneer, founder of Armstrong Whitworth
William George Armstrong, 1st Baron Armstrong (1810–1900)
15. Turkey, Serbia, Montenegro, Greece & Bulgaria sign the weapons pact in which year?
16. The post of prime minister has existed since which year in Thailand?
17. Who was Thales of Miletus?
a Greek mathematician, astronomer, and pre-Socratic philosopher from Miletus in Ionia, Asia Minor.
18. AAUs decide to continue linear measuring system over metric in which year?
19. The House of Plantagenet was a royal house that originated from the lands of Anjou in which country?
20. In 1685, who barred Jews from settling in Stockholm, Sweden?
21. Who is the person executed in the United States on June 30, 2021?
John William Hummel
22. What word lists started in 2003 and have been published at the end of each year?
Lists of Merriam-Webster’s Words of the Year
23. In 1929, which team beat the Montreal Canadiens 3-1, the first win of an NHL record 14-game winning streak, and a 22-game home winning streak?
24. Litwin Books, LLC is an academic publisher founded in which year under the name Library Juice Press?
25. In which year, the first US mutual fire insurance company issues the first policy in Rhode Island?
26. From the 1340s to the 19th century, excluding two brief intervals in the 1360s and the 1420s, the kings and queens of England and Ireland also claimed the throne of which country?
27. Hungarian death march of Jews ends in which country?
28. Which American pin-up model is hospitalized in critical condition after suffering a heart attack in 2008?
Bettie Page (85)
The Underground Railroad was a network of secret routes and safe houses established in the United States during which century?
early to mid-19th century
29. Who was the Prime Minister of the 5th Parliament of the United Kingdom started in 1812 under the rule of George III?
The Earl of Liverpool
30. In which year, Oberlin College in Ohio, the first truly coeducational college, open?
31. Erwin Balestra, who debuted in 1952, was a men’s national tennis team representative of which country?
32. In 1930, Airborn chemicals combine with fog to kill 60 at Meuse Valley in which country?
33. In 87th Davis Cup, 1998, which team beats Italy in Milan (4-1)?
34. Henry II, also known as Henry Curtmantle, Henry FitzEmpress, or Henry Plantagenet, was King of England from 1154 until his death in which year?
35. In 1689, the first recorded successful separation of conjoined twins Elisabet and Catherina Meijerin, completed by which Swiss surgeon in Basel?
36. Calgary city name in Canada was suggested by which Commissioner of the North-West Mounted Police, who had stayed at Calgary Castle?
Colonel James Macleod
37. Which musical was closed at Minskoff Theatre, NYC, after 16 performances in 1983?
“Marilyn: An American Fable”
38. William Pitt the Younger was the Prime Minister of the UK in 1801 from which party?
39. 98th Davis Cup in 2009, Spain beats which team in Barcelona (5-0)?
40. In 1818, which became the 21st state USA (Admission day)?
41. In 2001, The Canadian province of Newfoundland is renamed what?
Newfoundland and Labrador
42. In 2017, Britain’s which top Brexit negotiator admits there has been “no systematic impact assessment” on effects of Brexit?
43. In 1930, Otto Ender forms which country’s government?
44. What was a British colony on the lower Saint Lawrence River and the shores of the Gulf of Saint Lawrence (1791–1841)?
The Province of Lower Canada
45. RC Society Apostle of Prayer was formed in which year?
46. In 1944, who put Seyss-Inquart plan for small Nazi-Europe?
47. In 1943, the 9th Heisman Trophy Award goes to whom?
Angelo Bertelli, Notre Dame (QB)
48. Why is John R. Park Homestead Conservation Area – Essex popular?
an Underground Railroad site for former slaves in 19th century North America
49. In 2005, Several villagers are shot dead during protests in which city in China?
50. In which year, the first official US flag raised (Grand Union Flag) aboard the naval vessel USS Alfred?
51. World leaders discussing US President Donald Trump in unflattering terms at NATO reception caught on camera and goes viral in which month in 2019?
52. In 2017, Time Magazine names whom the Person of the Year, people who came forward to report sexual misconduct?
“The Silence Breakers”
53. Which of 1793 stated that any enslaved person would become free on arrival in Upper Canada?
The Act Against Slavery
54. Patricio Arnold, who debuted in 1995, was a men’s national tennis team representative of which country?
55. In which year the Eureka Stockade was claimed by many to be the birth of Australian democracy, more than 20 gold miners at Ballarat, Victoria?
56. In which year did NASA reveal photographs taken by Mars Global Surveyor suggesting the presence of liquid water on Mars?
57. World War II: Battle of Monte Cassino, Italy begins in which month in 1943?
58. In 1991, which of White House Chief of Staff resigned?
59. In 1944, the Temporary merger of which 2 NFL teams, dissolves at the finish of the season; WWII ends before the start of 1945 season, so both teams resume normal operations?
Pittsburgh Steelers and Chicago Cardinals
60. In 1736, which astronomer took measurements that confirm Newton’s theory that the earth was an ellipsoid rather than the previously accepted sphere?
61. A three-valued logic is any of several many-valued logic systems invented in which country?
62. In 2017, which Brazilian drug lord was arrested in Rio?
Rogério da Silva
63. What is the first convincing exoplanet discovered around a Sun-like star, 1995 of the star 51 Pegasi?
51 Pegasi b
64. Kalmar Nyckel is the state ship of Delaware designated in which year?
65. The First Aceh Expedition was a punitive expedition of the Royal Netherlands East Indies Army against Aceh, strated in which year?
66. KFSA (now KFSM) TV channel 5 in Ft Smith, AR (CBS) 1st broadcast in what year?
67. Who won the 7th ACE Cable Awards in 1985 for “Faerie Tale Theatre”?
Shelley Duvall wins the Golden CableACE
68. In 1943, who conducts the premiere of his 4th Symphony (“Requiem”) with the Boston Symphony; Wins Pulitzer Prize for Music, 1944?
69. What was a 20th-century competition between two Cold War adversaries, the Soviet Union (USSR) and the United States of America (USA)?
The Space Race
70. In 1907, whose musical “Talk of the Town” premieres in NYC?
71. KRLD (now KDFW) TV channel 4 in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX (CBS) began iin which year?
72. In 1991, Muslim Shi’ites release which US hostage?
73. In 2017, “Supermassive” most distant black hole discovery was announced by astronomers which journal, 13 billion light-years away, 800 x bigger than the Sun?
74. What was the name of the 23rd Shuttle Mission lands at Edwards AFB in December 1985?
STS-61-B (formerly STS-31)
75. In 1730, who was appointed British Poet Laureate under King George II?
76. Who won the 49th Heisman Trophy Award in 1983?
Mike Rozier, Nebraska (RB)
77. What is the state fish (saltwater) of California, adopted in 1947?
Golden trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss (subspecies aguabonita)
78. In 1944, the British order to disarm caused a general strike in which country?
79. Hulk Hogan defeats The Undertaker at ‘This Tuesday in Texas’ at the Freeman Coliseum in San Antonio to become a 4-time WWF champion in which year?
80. At an MLB meeting in 1901, the Milwaukee Brewers franchise is officially dropped from the American League and replaced by whom?
St. Louis Browns
81. “Do They Know It’s Christmas” single written by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure and sung by an all-star cast under the banner of Band-Aid is released in the UK in which year?
82. New Museum of Black Civilisations is opened in Dakar by President Macky Sall in 2018 in which country?
83. In 1956, Britain and France pull troops out of which country?
84. The tradition began in the 4th century and lasted into the 12th century, but most of the runestones date from which age?
late Viking Age
85. In 1912, who became the 1st Dutch traffic officer?
86. The first Miss Teen USA competition first took place as a mail-in photo contest conducted by which magazine in 1959?
87. In 1944, US 5th Armoured division occupied which city in Germany?
88. The first shots of the naval war in the American Civil War were fired on April 12, 1861, during which battle, by the US Revenue Cutter Service cutter USRC Harriet Lane?
Battle of Fort Sumter
89. What is a style of Arabic art, typically painted by women in the entrance to a home?
90. In 1699, who was appointed treasurer-general of the Hague?
Baron Jacob Hop
91. The house of League of Prizren (1878) is located in which present-day city?
92. In 1946, the 12th Heisman Trophy Award was given to whom?
Glenn Davis, Army (HB)
93. What is a hall of fame that honors laudable and distinguished people in German history?
94. What is a monthly print publication, with daily updates online, founded in 1990 and based in London and New York City?
The Art Newspaper
95. In 1903, who surrendered to to Captain Hendricus Colijn at Lhokseumawe, Atjeh?
96. Which great British philosopher died in 1626?
97. In which year, “Pumpkin Papers” come to light, claimed to be from Alger Hiss?
98. What is the first Hall of Fame in America, completed in 1900 and officially dedicated in 1901?
The Hall of Fame for Great Americans
99. KTVE TV channel 10 in Monroe-El Dorado, LA (NBC) begins broadcasting in which year?
100. Since 1694, which country’s parliamentary election is set for every 3 years?
More Interesting Quizzes and Trivia
- 100 GK Questions in English for Class 6 General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Easy Trivia Questions for Adults General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Random Knowledge Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz
- 100 Easy Trivia Questions with Answers General Knowledge Quiz
- 100 Random Trivia Questions and Answers GK Quiz Printable
- 100 Common Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers GK Free
- 100 Random Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers GK Printable
- 100 Random Knowledge Quiz Questions GK – Easy or Hard?
- 100 Hard General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers Printable
- 100 Free Online General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- 100 Most Difficult General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- 100 Random General Knowledge Questions with Answers Quiz
- 100 General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Teenagers
- 100 Easy GK Quiz Questions and Answers General Knowledge
- 100 Tricky General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers
- 100 Quiz Questions And Answers General Knowledge Easy GK
- 100 GK Questions for Class 7th with Answers General Knowledge
- 100 General Knowledge Quiz Questions for Adults with Answers
- 100 Tough General Knowledge Questions and Answers GK Trivia
- 100 Family General Knowledge Questions and Answers GK Quiz