Basic knowledge questions quiz can enhance the general knowledge for anyone. Common sense is a way by which the level of IQ of a person can be determined. In fact, basic knowledge questions will be tough for anybody who doesn’t have the knowledge and pre-learning about a topic.
basic knowledge questions are compatible and sharable to any place, in school, college, exam, quiz, competition, and general discussion. Solve these basic knowledge questions printable if you can. These basic knowledge questions we thing need to know everyone.
Let’s start the basic knowledge questions here!
1. What is the other name of Niacin
2. What is the diameter of Earth?
3. Where would you find the world’s most ancient forest?
Daintree Forest north of Cairns, Australia
4. Which four British cities have underground rail systems?
Liverpool, Glasgow, Newcastle and London.
5. What is the capital city of Spain?
6. In 2011, which country hosted a Formula 1 race for the first time?
7. Name the game played on a lawn called a ‘crown green’.
8. Which chess piece can only move diagonally?
9. When did the Cold War end?
10. Who was the architect who designed the Millennium Dome?
11. When did the Eurostar train service between Britain and France start running?
14th November 1994.
12. Which popular BBC series about old collectables began in 1979, presented by Bruce Parker and Arthur Negus, and is still running to this day?
13. Which BBC music programme was broadcast weekly between 1964 and 2006?
Top of the Pops.
14. Alastair Burnett, Sandy Gall, Reginald Bosanquet, Alastair Stewart, Carol Barnes and Trevor McDonald were all regular presenters of which TV programme?
ITV News at Ten.
15. If you had Lafite-Rothschild on your dinner table, what would it be?
16. What is sushi traditionally wrapped in?
17. How tall would a double elephant folio book be?
18. Which is the only American state to begin with the letter ‘p’?
19. Name the world’s biggest island
20. What is the world’s longest river?
21. What is the lightest metal?
22. Name the world’s largest ocean.
23. Who wrote the contemporary children’s books about mermaids set on the coast of Cornwall?
24. How old is the world’s oldest dictionary?
Cuneiform tablets with bilingual Sumerian-Akkadian word-lists have been dated to 2300 BC.
25. What was the most-watched UK TV programme of all time?
Eastenders, when Den divorced Angie, which drew 30.10 million viewers on 25th December 1986.
26. Phyllis Nan Certain Pechey was as famous for her flamboyant character as for her cookery books and TV shows throughout the late 1960s to the mid-1970s. By what name was she more usually known?
27. Which bird has the largest nest?
28. Which sport does Constantino Rocca play?
29. Bray Studios, near Windsor in Berkshire, was home to which famous brand of horror films?
30. In which film did Humphrey Bogart say, “We’ll always have Paris?”
31. How many vitamins are there and what are their names?
32. Name the three primary colours.
Red, yellow and blue.
33. In needlework, what does UFO refer to?
An unfinished object.
34. Name the famous ballet Russian dancer who changed the face of modern ballet.
35. What is the painting ‘La Gioconda’ more usually known as?
The Mona Lisa.
36. What does the term ‘piano’ mean?
To be played softly.
37. Name the Spanish artist, sculptor and draughtsman famous for co-founding the Cubist movement.
38. What is the closest planet to the earth?
39. How many valves does a trumpet have?
40. Which bird has the largest living span?
41. Who painted How Sir Galahad, Sir Bors, and Sir Percival were Fed with the Sanc Grael; But Sir
Percival’s Sister Died by the Way? Dante Gabriel Rossetti.
42. If you were painting with tempera, what would you be using to bind together colour pigments?
43. In football, who was nicknamed ‘The Divine Ponytail’?
44. Which country is Prague in?
The Czech Republic.
45. Which English town was a forerunner of the Parks Movement and the first city in Europe to have a street tram system?
46. Name the actor who starred in 142 films including The Quiet Man, The Shootist, The Searchers and Stagecoach.
47. Name the film noir actress who starred in I Married a Witch, The Glass Key, So Proudly We Hail! and Sullivan’s Travels.
48. What is John Leach famous for making?
49. When was William Shakespeare born?
23rd April 1564.
50. On what date did the Battle of Culloden take place?
16th April 1746.
51. What cells are found in the heart?
There are two types of cells within the heart: the cardiomyocytes and the cardiac pacemaker cells
52. Who was Henry VIll’s first wife?
Catherine of Aragon.
53. Which famous battle between the British Royal Navy and the combined fleets of the French Navy and Spanish Navy took place on 21st October 1805?
Battle of Trafalgar.
54. Which bird has the largest feather?
55. What makes the blood red?
56. Who became the British Prime Minister after Winston Churchill in 1955?
Sir Robert Anthony Eden, The 1st Earl of Avon.
57. When did Margaret Thatcher become Prime Minister?
58. Name the country where you would find the Cresta Run.
59. How many times was the Men’s Tennis Singles at Wimbledon won by Bjorn Borg?
60. Name the actress whose career began at the age of 3, and who went on to star in films such as Contact, Maverick and The Silence of the Lambs?
61. May Queen, Wisley Crab, Foxwhelps and Lane’s Prince Albert are all species of what?
62. Name the only footballer to have played for Liverpool, Everton, Manchester City and Manchester United.
63. What colour is Absynthe?
64. What is the oldest film ever made, and when was it made?
Roundhay Garden Scene made in 1888.
65. Who played Neo in The Matrix?
66. What is the chemical name of soap?
Sodium stearate/ Sodium talowate
67. What colour jersey is worn by the winners of each stage of the Tour De France?
68. Which bird has the largest wingspan?
69. Which actress has won the most Oscars?
Katharine Hepburn, with 4 Oscars and 12 nominations.
70. Which actress said, “Fasten your seatbelts. It’s going to be a bumpy night,” in All About Eve?
Bette Davis (as Margo Channing.)
71. Name the director of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
72. What flavour is Cointreau?
73. Which bird has the largest beak?
74. If you were to cut a hare into pieces, marinate it in wine and juniper berries then stew this slowly in a sealed container, what would this recipe be called?
75. Fried tarantulas, eggs boiled just before they’re due to hatch, live octopus, and puffin hearts eaten raw when still-warm are all traditional foods—true or false?
76. How many crocus flowers does it take to make a pound of saffron?
Up to 75,000 flowers, which is enough to fill an entire football pitch.
77. What cell act as the bodyguard?
Dendritic cells, they act as guards by recognizing, engulfing, and processing foreign pathogens.
78. Costing around $2,600 per pound and made only to order by Knipschildt, what is the name of this chocolate truffle?
79. Name the only heavyweight boxing champion to finish his career of 49 fights without ever having been defeated?
80. In April 2003 US troops captured Baghdad, leading to the collapse of whose regime two days later?
81. Which bird has the largest eyes?
82. Who was the right-wing politician whose pro-Nazi puppet government jointly governed Norway from 1942 to 1945 alongside a German administrator, Josef Terboven, and whose name has become a byword for ‘traitor’ or ‘collaborator’
83. ‘The War of Jenkin’s Ear’ which lasted for eight years from 1740 was fought between Britain and which other countries?
84. Longacre Square in Midtown Manhattan changed its name in 1904 to what?
85. Which bird has the largest brain?
New Zealand tomtit, Petroica macrocephala
86. In 1784 the Treaty of Paris which ended the American Revolutionary War was signed by the US Congress and which British king?
King George III
87. Simon Stevens, chief executive of NHS England has slammed social media companies for allowing ‘Fake news’ about what?
Safety of vaccines
88. When was the euro introduced as a legal currency on the world market?
1st January 1999.
89. What is the oldest surviving printed book in the world?
The Diamond Sutra, dated at 868 AD.
90. In publishing, what does POD mean?
Print on demand.
91. Name the author of On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, Dr No and Thunderball, among others.
92. Which bird has the largest egg?
93. Which Shakespeare play features Shylock?
The Merchant of Venice.
94. Who wrote the novel Death in Venice, which was later made into a film of the same name?
95. Who wrote the Vampire Chronicles, which include the novels Armand, Blood and Gold and Interview with the Vampire?
96. What is an e-book?
A book available in a digital, rather than printed, format.
97. What is allspice alternatively known as?
98. How many presidents have Nobel Prizes?
Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama.
99. What is a film made of?
As Kodak’s Book of Film Care puts it, the film is animal, vegetable and mineral.
When the film was invented it was made from cellulose nitrate, but the modern-day film is made from either cellulose acetate or polyester base with a coating of light-sensitive minerals – namely silver salts.
100. Who invented Google and in which year?
Sergey Brin and Larry Page, in 1995.
Other recommended quizzes
- basic knowledge questions 01
- basic knowledge questions 02
- basic knowledge questions 03
- basic knowledge questions 04
- basic knowledge questions 05
- basic knowledge questions 06
- basic knowledge questions 07
- basic knowledge questions 08
Other Recommended Quizzes
- 100 Super Bowl Trivia Questions to Evoke Surprise
- 100 Jaw-Dropping Soccer Trivia Questions for All
- 100 Dallas Cowboys Trivia for the True Fans
- 100 Harry Potter House Quiz for the Real Fans
- 200 Ocean Trivia Questions Everyone Asks
- 200 Weather Trivia Questions Every Expert Knows
- 100 Biology Trivia Questions None Should Miss
- 100 April Fools Trivia Every Intelligent Should Know
- 114 Valentines Day Trivia Everyone Should Solve
- 123 Cricket Quiz Questions and Answer for Fans
- 111 Cricket Trivia General Knowledge for All Time
- 120 NHL Quiz that Every Crazy Fan Should Solve
- 101 NHL Basic Trivia Questions for Hockey Fans
- 140 Golf Trivia Questions that Every Fan Should Know
- 55 Passover Trivia to Know All About Pesach
- 125 Tennis Quiz to Transform You As An Expert
- 120 Tennis Trivia Questions to Improve your Basic
- 80 St Patrick’s Day Trivia Questions and Answers
- 75 Food and Drink Trivia Quiz for Gourmets
- 70 Food and Drink Trivia Questions to Make Hungry
basic knowledge quiz
basic general knowledge
computer general knowledge
basic general knowledge questions
basic history quiz
basic gk questions
simple general knowledge questions
simple gk questions
basic general knowledge questions and answers
very simple gk questions and answers
basic American knowledge quiz
basic general knowledge for kids
basic knowledge questions and answers
army basic knowledge questions
simple knowledge questions
simple gk questions for kids
simple gk questions for class 6
basic general knowledge quiz
simple general knowledge questions and answers
basic car knowledge quiz
simple general knowledge quiz
basic medical knowledge quiz
simple gk questions for class 1
basic world knowledge quiz
basic general questions
simple gk questions with answers
basic nutrition test your knowledge
basic science knowledge quiz
simple quiz questions with options
basic gk quiz
basic sports quiz
basic quiz questions general knowledge
basic general knowledge questions for kids
basic gk questions for class 5
basic knowledge quiz with answers
simple gk questions and answers
simple gk questions for class 4
basic common general knowledge
basic gk questions with answers
basic gk questions for kids
general knowledge simple questions
quiz basic knowledge
basic gk for kids
basic gk questions and answers
simple gk questions for class 5
basic general knowledge test
simple general knowledge questions for kids
general knowledge questions basic
simple gk questions for class 3
basic computer gk
simple knowledge questions and answers
gk questions basic
basic gk questions for class 3
simple gk questions for class 2
basic gk questions for class 4
basic gk for class 1
test your basic medical knowledge
some simple gk questions
gk simple question and answer
basic general knowledge of world
basic general knowledge quiz with answers
basic general knowledge question answer
some basic general knowledge questions
100 simple gk questions
basic gk questions for class 1
simple general knowledge quiz questions and answers
general knowledge questions simple
basic gk quiz questions
some basic gk questions
simple general question
simple questions for quiz competition with answers
basic computer knowledge for bank exams
simple general knowledge questions with answers
simple gk questions for class 7
basic gk test
basic gk questions 2019
simple gk quiz questions
simple general knowledge quiz with answers
basic general knowledge for class 5
basic computer gk questions
some basic questions of gk
basic gk quiz online
basic gk book
simple gk questions for class 8
some basic general knowledge
basic gk questions for class 6
easy and simple gk questions
gk basic quiz
gk questions simple and easy
gk basic knowledge
10 simple gk questions
basic gk for class 5
simple English gk questions
basic gk for class 2
gk simple question answer
basic general knowledge questions with answers
computer awareness online test
some basic gk questions with answers
gk question answer simple
gk questions for beginners
basic knowledge of gk
the simple question of gk
basic gk for competitive exams
basic gk for class 4
basic gk questions for class 2
basic gk for class 3
general knowledge simple questions and answers
simple current gk questions
basic gk knowledge
some simple general knowledge questions
simple gk questions for class 7 with answers
basic gk question answer
simple gk questions for class 10
computer awareness mock test
simple gk questions for students
very simple gk questions
5 simple gk questions
simple gk questions for kg students
simple and easy gk questions
simple maths gk questions