Ecology Trivia questions are not difficult to solve. A lot of practice is required for solving ecology trivia questions. Ecology is a branch of biology that involves the study of the relationships between different organisms and their physical surroundings. Now, let’s see how much you understand this definition by these ecology trivia questions. This ecology trivia questions quiz contains some basic ecological questions and answering them will determine just how accurate you are.
Do you think you know everything there is to know about ecology? You will be amazed at how much more you can learn with our great environmental quiz online by solving these ecology trivia questions!
Test yourself and share these final ecology quizzes with your friends to find out who the resident science guy is. Increase your knowledge or learn something completely new by answering the ecology trivia questions. You can prepare for an upcoming exam, just keep yourself updated or get insight into creating great questions with these ecology trivia questions.
Instantly see your results and challenge your friends and co-workers for some serious bragging rights. So what are you waiting for? Take the ultimate ecology quiz and check if you are a master of science. Let’s solve these ecology trivia questions!
Ecology Trivia Questions Answers Environmental Quiz MCQs
1. A species that is so important that an ecosystem could collapse without it is called a
2. The circulation of carbon through the Earth's ecosystems is called the
3. Foreign plants that take up space meant for native plants are referred to as
4. The variety of life present in an ecosystem is known as
5. When an organism benefits from looking like something in its environment this is called
6. Animals that gets most of their nutrition from fruit are called
7. When the pH of the ocean decreases it is called
8. A terrestrial ecosystem is one that is located
9. When 2 species interact in a way that is good for both of them is called
10. Each year birds travel long distance to get warm, then return when the weather changes is called
11. What would you call a dog that has fleas living on it
12. An ecosystem is made up of biotic factors and
13. If a species is said to be 'arboreal', where does it live?
14. The natural environment in which any organism lives is called its
15. The world ecology is Greek for the study of
16. Which ecology deals with spatial distribution, patterns, and behaviors across large geographical areas?
17. Which ecology studies the rise and fall in the number of a species?
18. Which ecology studies the different ways organisms evolve and adapt to changes in their habitat?
19. Within the discipline of ecology, researchers work at five broad levels, sometimes discretely and sometimes with overlap: organism, population, community, ecosystem, and ?
20. Which type of ecologists often study mating patterns, or what characteristics male and female animals prefer when seeking to reproduce?
21. Which type of ecologists study bird songs or plumage?
22. Which form of ecology proposes that human beings function as a part of the environment, not in opposition to it?
23. Which ecology does not rely on the scientific method of asking a question, proposing a hypothesis, and testing that hypothesis by observation and experimentation?
24. Deep ecology has more in common with philosophy and political science than other branches of ecology. True or false?
25. The four main levels of study in ecology are the organism, population, community, and what?
26. Can an organism live by itself?
27. What is the First Principle of Ecology?
28. The rate that a population’s abundance in a given area increases or decreases reflects the balance of its births, deaths, and net migration into the area. True or false?
29. Ecosystems are organized into webs of interactions. True or false?
30. ________ have an outsized role in competing with, preying upon, and helping other organisms.
Ecology is a field of study that explores how humans and creatures interact with one another and their surroundings. The study of the food chain in a wetlands environment is one example of ecology. The discipline of biology is concerned with organisms’ interactions with their surroundings and with one another. It’s time for ecology trivia questions multiple choice MCQs general knowledge interesting fun facts.
To thrive, every creature relies on both living and non-living organisms. Ecology is the discipline of science that studies how organisms interact with one another and with their surroundings. Ecologists are scientists who examine these connections.
Ecology may be studied in a variety of ways. Landscape ecology, population ecology, and behavioral ecology are some examples.
Landscape ecology is concerned with the spatial distribution, patterns, and behaviors of plants and animals over huge geographic regions. Landscape ecologists could look at the effects of development on a certain species of native grass in a given area. For example, one variety of grass may be resistant to chemicals, suggesting that the region is suitable for agricultural expansion.
The growth and decline in the population of a species are studied by population ecology. Enjoy the fun ecology trivia questions. A population ecologist could compare a species’ population near a new food source to a population that doesn’t have access to that food supply. The new food supply may boost the population of the species, or it may decrease it if the food source is polluted.
The study of how organisms evolve and adapt to changes in their environment is known as behavioral ecology. Mating patterns, or what qualities male and female animals choose while trying to reproduce, are widely studied by behavioral ecologists. Behavioral ecologists, for example, investigate bird songs and plumage in relation to mating habits. Explore ecology trivia questions multiple questions MCQ general knowledge interesting fun facts.
When ecologists investigate a specific species, they look at its food sources, how it reproduces, potential predators, and environmental features. Share ecology trivia questions multiple questions MCQ general knowledge interesting fun facts. They also look at how the animal survives in that environment, such as migrations, shelter, population, and how it interacts with other animals and plants.
Deep ecology is a relatively recent field of research. Humans, according to deep ecology, should act as a part of the environment rather than in opposition to it. Deep ecology, unlike most fields of ecology, does not use the scientific approach of raising a question, formulating a hypothesis, and verifying that theory by observation and experimentation. Other branches of ecology have more in common with philosophy and political science than deep ecology. Discuss over ecology trivia questions multiple choice MCQ general knowledge interesting fun facts.
Other Recommended Quizzes
- 100 Climate Change Trivia Questions and Answers MCQ
- 50 NHL Teams Quiz Trivia Questions Answers MCQ
- 50 Super Bowl Trivia Quiz Questions Answers MCQ
- 100 Global Warming Questions And Answers Quiz MCQ
- 50 Soccer Trivia Quiz General Knowledge for Kids MCQ
- 50 Useful Ocean Trivia MCQ Questions for General Knowledge
- 100 Trivia about Greece Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Sports Trivia Multiple Choice MCQ General Knowledge
- 50 Basketball Trivia MCQ Questions Answers for Everyone
- 140 Trivia about Hawaii Printable Interesting Facts
- 50 Weather MCQ Quiz Questions You Need to Know
- 50 Sports Trivia Quiz Facts Questions and Answers MCQs
- 50 Undiscovered History Question Answer Trivia
- 50 Lord of the Rings Character Quiz Questions Answers MCQs
- 50 Football Quiz Trivia Questions Answers MCQs
- 50 Valentine’s Day Quiz Questions Answers Trivia MCQs
- 50 Evergreen 90s TV Show Trivia Questions Answers MCQ
- 100 Trivia about Germany Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about Spain Printable Interesting Facts
- 100 Trivia about France Printable Interesting Facts