World geography quiz questions and answers general knowledge trivia printable GK quizzes are here. Fun is not a mere prank in life. There are also many lessons from funny things. If you see somebody is being funny, that does not mean it can’t happen with you one day! Being funny is not bad at all.
In these world geography quiz questions and answers you can expect some surprising acts like funny law, interesting book titles, funny movies, jaw-dropping records, hilarious names, accidental inventions, unbelievable stats, and what not! Keep going and going till the end of these world geography quiz questions and answers free online geography trivia so that you can grab all essence and share your near ones later on. These world geography quiz questions and answers GK printable quizzes are great stuff for pastime and learning with fun.
Let’s solve these world geography quiz questions and answers in order to learn something full of plenty of hilarious moments.
World geography quiz questions and answers
1. What is Yergeni?
Mountain range in Russia
2. What is the most dangerous waterway in the world?
The Great Blue Hole, Belize
3. Within four square miles of tropical rainforest, you will find how many types of trees?
4. Which is the second largest river in Europe?
5. Which water Currents are not influenced by the wind?
6. What is the smallest soil particle?
7. Horseshoe Lake is located in which US state?
8. Geomorphology is a part of geography. T/F?
9. What is the longest river in Saudi Arabia?
10. What is the moon’s soil made of?
(1) rock fragments, (2) mineral grains, and (3) glass particles
11. It is so big that if it were a country, it would be the ninth biggest in the world – what?
The Amazon rainforest
12. Valley of Flowers is located in which country?
13. What is the second-highest and second-most prominent mountain in Europe, after Mount Elbrus?
14. What are small clusters of soil called?
15. What is the smallest river in Russia?
16. Which currents are currents that move from deep in the ocean heading towards the surface?
17. Similar to how many football fields worth of rainforest are being cut down each and every day?
More than 80,000 football fields
18. The warmer the air is, the more ____ it can ‘hold’.
19. What is the amount of water in clay soil?
175 to 250 (mm/m)
20. What’s the biggest valley in the United States?
21. What is Nenets Autonomous Okrug?
A flat tundra (Bolshezemelskaya Tundra) with several hill chains like Pay-Khoy Ridge
22. What is the lowest layer of the soil?
23. Tropical rainforests are the habitat of how many of our planet’s terrestrial animal species?
More than half
24. The White Sea is a southern inlet of which sea?
The Barents Sea
25. What is Novaya Zemlya?
26. Gravity is a cause of ocean currents. T/F?
27. Which country has the highest plateau?
28. The entire U.S., including Alaska and Hawaii, measures how many square miles?
29. Which crater is a cinder cone that erupted about 1,000 years ago?
30. How many of 4 people globally depend on forests for their livelihoods?
1 out of 4
31. Sea anemones are what?
The marine, predatory animals of the order Actiniaria
32. What are the Kazakh Uplands, or the Kazakh Hummocks in Kazakhstan?
33. Which is the second largest Valley in Asia?
34. What is the average elevation of the Tibetan Plateau?
More than 4,500 meters (14,764 feet)
35. What is Puy de Sancy?
Mountain in France
36. Which volcanoes are tall, steep cones that produce explosive eruptions?
37. At 100 feet (30 meters) in the ocean, divers experience what, a drunk-like state caused by gases at high pressure?
38. What is a coastal ecosystem in the upper coastal intertidal zone between land and open saltwater or brackish water that is regularly flooded by the tides?
A salt marsh or saltmarsh, also known as a coastal salt marsh or a tidal marsh
39. What is the length of the Red River of the South?
40. What minerals are found in the plateau?
Iron ore, coal, manganese, bauxite, and mica
41. According to FAO what percent of the world’s population, relies on forest resources for their livelihoods?
more than 25%
42. On what date, the high temperatures soared to 112 degrees, the highest ever recorded at Rockford?
14th July 1936
43. Which supervolcano is most likely to erupt?
44. The Deccan plateau is located in which country?
45. Which river passes through Angola, Cameroon, Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Tanzania, and Zambia?
46. How many people depend on reefs for food, income, and protection?
Over half a billion
47. What is black soil called?
48. How much is the Alps mountain range stretching?
Approximately 1,200 km
49. The average temperature of the tropical rainforest remains between what?
70 and 85° F
50. Wild emus can be found in which desert?
51. Where is oxbow lake found?
52. Which river flows in the Valdai plateau of Russia?
53. Which plains are formed when substances are deposited from rivers, glaciers, waves, and wind?
54. Which desert located further inland in Western Australia and South Australia?
Great Victoria Desert
55. What is the length of the Shanay-Timpishka (the Boiling River), Peru?
56. Taal Volcano is located in which country?
57. What is a narrow gully with a steep gradient in mountainous terrain?
58. The ‘green flash’ is a rare optical phenomenon usually seen over the ocean on clear days. T/F?
59. What desert is located in Southern Africa along the Atlantic Ocean coastline?
60. Cuckmere Haven in Sussex, England contains a widely meandering river with many what?
61. Which is the highest plateau in Asia?
62. Which country in the world has no river?
63. Don River inflows from which sea?
Sea of Azov
64. What is a collection of broken rock fragments at the base of crags, mountain cliffs, volcanoes or valley shoulders?
65. Death Valley, one of the hottest spots in the world, is located in which desert?
66. Which plains are plains that experience periodic flooding or just occasional flooding?
67. What is a meander?
A mender is a curve in a river
68. Which two states have record highs no greater than 100 degrees?
These are Alaska and Hawaii
69. What are shoreline formations made up of various grades of sediment in an arc pattern?
70. What is the driest desert on the North American continent?
71. A large dune complex is called a what?
72. Kern River is located in which country?
73. In geography and geology, what is an area of rock that has a general angle defined by the vertical, or nearly vertical?
74. What is a large, near-symmetric pyramidal peak in the extended Monte Rosa area of the Pennine Alps?
75. What is the line called that forms the boundary between the coast and a major body of water?
76. Which is the most fertile and largest delta in the world?
Ganges–Brahmaputra–Meghna River Delta
77. What is the length of the Potomac River, USA?
78. What is an area of land adjacent to a river that stretches from the banks of its channel to the base of the enclosing valley walls?
A floodplain or flood plain or flood-plain
79. Gansu oasis is located in which area?
80. An elongated low area often running between hills or mountains is called what?
81. Sea of Azov sea is bounded in the northwest by which country, and in the southeast by Russia?
82. What is the elevation of the Jungfrau summit in Switzerland?
83. Which plains are formed when glaciers move across land and the force of gravity creates the large flat surface?
84. The Gobi desert is Asia’s second-largest desert after what?
The Arabian desert
85. What are the 3 types of coral?
fringing, barrier, and atoll
86. Which river passes through Cambodia, China, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam?
87. According to a United Nations atlas, what percent of all people live within 150 km (93 mi) of the sea?
88. Very narrow, deep valleys of similar appearance are called what?
89. Franz Josef Glacier is located on which coast of New Zealand?
90. Most of our _____ are located in subtropical regions around the Tropics of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn
91. What is a headland in the Greenland Sea, in Sermersooq municipality?
92. Valley of the Ten Peaks is located in which country?
93. What is a natural submerged ridge, bank, or bar that consists of, or is covered by, sand or other unconsolidated material and rises from the bed of a body of water to near the surface?
94. The southern latitude is called what?
Tropic of Capricorn
95. A sandy isthmus is called what?
96. What is an indentation of a shoreline, usually long and narrow, such as a small bay or arm?
97. Which coastline occurs where bands of different rock types run perpendicular to the coast.
A discordant coastline
98. Which desert in Asia was formed by the former eastern basin of the Aral Sea in Uzbekistan?
99. What is a fertile low-lying grassy plain found on part of the northwest coastlines of Ireland and Scotland?
100. Which Russian hills is running north-south, about midway between Saint Petersburg and Moscow?
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 200 Random Trivia Questions Answers Quiz Test
- Periodic Table Trivia Easy Questions and Answers
- Trivia in Spanish Quiz Questions
- Ecology Trivia Questions Environmental Quiz
- Geography Trivia Questions for the Beginner
- Science Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- IPL Trivia Quiz Questions for Challenge Takers
- What is the Mensa IQ test? How to Join Mensa?
- Mensa IQ Practice Test Quiz Free – Eligibility | Good Score
- 100 US State Quizzes Online, Trivia, Questions, Answers
- Trivia about Blood that Everyone Should Know
- What is the Mensa IQ Test Limit for the Genius
- Prepare for Mensa Test Professionally from Home
- IPL Quiz Questions with Answers for Cricket Fans
- Rugby Trivia Questions for the Fans
- Animal Trivia Questions Quiz for Knowledge
- Word Trivia Questions – Challenging Vocabulary
- Chemistry Trivia Questions – Quiz for Learning
- 350+ US History Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- 200 General Trivia Questions Answers Random