Geography general knowledge questions and answers in English printable are available now. Learning is the best way to know about things, facts, inventions, and everything else. By learning about geography general knowledge questions and answers in English printable trivia quizzes, a reader will be able to know many interesting facts about geography. This geography general knowledge questions and answers is appropriate for all who want to have some basic as well as many advanced levels of geographical facts.
By learning these geography general knowledge questions and answers in English, a learner will get a taste of various topics in order to skip the monotony of life.
Let’s solve these geography general knowledge questions and answers in English as soon as possible, share others, and keep them for future reference! We understand this free online geography quiz is a good collection for any competitive exam too.
Geography general knowledge questions and answers
1. What is the nickname for nitrogen narcosis?
Raptures of the Deep
2. What is Rio Tinto?
A river in Spain
3. Which desert is only a small Australian desert but is known for its scenic landscape?
4. Which Russian Hills is spanning the Leningrad, Novgorod, Tver, Pskov, and Smolensk Oblasts?
5. What is the Coriolis effect?
Rotation of the earth
6. Boiling Lake is located in which country?
7. Some pine trees in Tasmania’s temperate rainforests can live for how many years?
8. What is the deadliest river?
9. Scientists estimate that about what of the world’s freshwater flows from the Amazon Basin to be exact?
10. If you like to see the salt and clay pans of Sossusvlei, a dried-up lake, where to go?
Namibia’s Namib-Naukluft national park
11. What is Bol’shoye Bogdo?
Mountain in Russia
12. What are currents that occur on the top layer of the ocean and are primarily driven by wind?
13. Which is the second largest delta in the world?
14. Where is Volga River located?
15. What are coastal wetlands that form in intertidal areas where sediments have been deposited by tides or rivers?
Mudflats or mud flats, also known as tidal flats
16. What is the eleventh most prominent mountain summit in the world?
17. What is the size of the Antarctic ice sheet, which was formed during the last Ice Age?
5.4 million square miles
18. A broad, flat region covered with wind-swept sand or dunes with little or no vegetation are called what?
Ergs or sand seas
19. What percent of the species of plants in the tropical rainforests have actually been analyzed?
Less than one percent
20. Which coastal desert is also known as the oldest desert in the world?
21. Which Plateau is rich in gold?
22. The salinity of the water is a cause of ocean currents. T/F?
23. Turgay Plateau is a plateau in the northwest of which country?
24. What links Bolshoy Solovetsky Island, Bolshaya Muksalma, Kiy Island, Velikiy Island, Anzersky Island?
Islands in the White Sea (Russia)
25. Which desert has some of the highest dunes in the world with heights of over 300 m/ 980 ft?
26. What is a U-shaped lake that forms when a wide meander of a river is cut off, creating a free-standing body of water?
An oxbow lake
27. What links of these European countries – France, Switzerland, Monaco, Italy, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, and Slovenia?
The Alps is stretching through
28. At the current rate of depletion, what amount of tropical rainforest species will be lost per decade?
29. Mojave comes from the word for ‘place beside the water’, from which language?
30. Surface Currents are Horizontal currents. T/F?
31. What is the length of the Brisbane River?
32. Which country is the plateau of Tibet found?
33. What currents you see when there are tremors or earthquakes on the surface below the ocean and the waves are pushed upwards?
34. How much coral has died?
As a result, over 50 percent of the world’s coral reefs have died in the last 30 years and up to 90 percent may die within the next century
35. Which desert is located to the south of the Great Basin Desert and to the north of the Sonoran desert?
36. What is a landform composed of wind- or water-driven sand?
37. Parana River passes through which 3 countries?
Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay
38. What is a geological landform consisting of a steep and often vertical column or columns of rock in the sea near a coast, formed by wave erosion?
A stack or sea stack
39. What are currents that move material from the surface of the ocean towards its floor?
40. What is a deposition bar or beach landform off coasts or lake shores?
A spit or sandspit
41. The amount of water vapor air can ‘hold’ doubles for how much of F increase in temperature?
each 20 degree
42. Which mountain is part of an ancient stratovolcano that has been inactive for about 220,000 years
Puy de Sancy, France
43. Which desert spreads from Mongolia to China?
44. What links Lake Taupo, Cerro Galán, Island Park Caldera, and Vilama?
45. What refers to parts of land adjoining any large body of water, including oceans and lakes?
46. Which state has the record for 9 consecutive days high temperatures with all over 100 degrees and above?
Rockford, IL, 1936
47. The Sea of Azov is a sea in Eastern Europe connected to the Black Sea by the narrow what?
Strait of Kerch
48. What is a broad belt of sand along a shoreline with a surface exhibiting well-defined parallel or semi-parallel sand ridges separated by shallow swales?
A strand plain or strandplain
49. What is located in eastern Asia and is the world’s largest (nonpolar) cold desert?
The Gobi Desert
50. What are long chains of active volcanoes with intense seismic activity found along convergent tectonic plate boundaries?
51. The river acts as an erosional agent by grinding down the rock or soil and creating what?
52. Which plains are areas of lowlands that stretch along the shore and slope towards it?
53. Due to the refraction of the sun’s rays, a flash of green light may appear at the instant the sun sets below the horizon called what?
The ‘green flash’
54. Restinga is a type of coastal vegetation and forest in which country?
55. What is situated on a plateau west of the Andes Mountains along the Pacific Ocean coastline?
The Atacama Desert in South America
56. Barun Valley is located in which country?
57. What is the elevation of the Matterhorn Mountain in Europe?
58. What type of volcano is Yellowstone caldera?
59. How long is the Earth’s coastline?
60. Earth’s core is primarily a solid ball with a radius of what?
About 1,220 km (760 mi), which is about 20% of Earth’s radius or 70% of the Moon’s radius
61. What is Grossglockner?
Mountain in Austria
62. Is Mount Everest a volcano?
63. What is known as the youngest desert of our planet?
64. What is an estuary?
An estuary is a partially enclosed coastal body of brackish water with one or more rivers or streams flowing into it, and with a free connection to the open sea
65. Kalalau Valley is located in which country?
66. Porto Covo is located on which coast of Portugal?
67. Three tropical climates are confined to a global band known as the what?
68. What are hypoxic (low-oxygen) areas in the world’s oceans and large lakes?
69. Which is the biggest valley in Asia?
70. What links Craters, Calderas, Diatremes, and Maars, Lava Flows, Lava Tubes, Fumaroles, and Geothermal Features?
71. What is ‘The Empty Quarter’?
The center Arabian Desert is the Rub’ al Khali, the so-called ‘The Empty Quarter’
72. How deep is the soil on the moon?
73. Landforms are the what features on the Earth‟s surface?
74. How of the Earth’s landmass is made of plains?
75. What is the area called where land meets the sea or ocean, or as a line that forms the boundary between the land and the ocean or a lake?
76. What is the largest soil particle?
77. What is the term used to refer to a region where interactions of the sea and land processes occur?
78. What minerals are found in the moon?
oxygen (O), silicon (Si), iron (Fe), magnesium (Mg), calcium (Ca), aluminum (Al), manganese (Mn), and titanium (Ti)
79. The Greenland Sea is a body of water that borders Greenland to which side?
80. Fengbin Township is a rural township located in which county in Taiwan?
81. What geographically links Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Jordan, Yemen, Oman, Iran, and Iraq?
82. Which type of soil can hold more water?
83. Which volcanoes form very large, gently sloped mounds from effusive eruptions?
84. What is a Caldera?
Large circular or oval depressions more than 1 km (0.6 miles) in diameter—have been formed by the inward collapse of landforms after large amounts of magma have been expelled from underground.
85. Mount Merapi volcano is located in which country?
86. Which planet has plains named ‘Hellas Planitia’?
87. What is the study of earth surface processes and landforms?
88. What is the top layer of soil called?
89. Tiburon is an incorporated coastal town in which country in California?
Marin County, California
90. What kind of plains is the Nile River in Africa?
91. How many types of soil are there?
92. Which plains can be classified as alluvial plains or glacial plains?
93. What is a recessed, coastal body of water that directly connects to a larger main body of water?
94. The world’s coldest dry desert is located in which continent?
95. How many layers of soil are there?
96. Which plains tend to be large flat surfaces that make up extensive lowlands.
97. Some coasts are more sheltered coast and are called what?
Gulf or bay
98. Galeras volcano is located in which country?
99. What is a landform surrounded by water on most of its border while being connected to a mainland from which it extends?
100. Due to the loss of habitat many desert plants and desert animals face extinction, such as which tree?
Joshua tree, North America
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 200 Random Trivia Questions Answers Quiz Test
- Periodic Table Trivia Easy Questions and Answers
- Trivia in Spanish Quiz Questions
- Ecology Trivia Questions Environmental Quiz
- Geography Trivia Questions for the Beginner
- Science Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- IPL Trivia Quiz Questions for Challenge Takers
- What is the Mensa IQ test? How to Join Mensa?
- Mensa IQ Practice Test Quiz Free – Eligibility | Good Score
- 100 US State Quizzes Online, Trivia, Questions, Answers
- Trivia about Blood that Everyone Should Know
- What is the Mensa IQ Test Limit for the Genius
- Prepare for Mensa Test Professionally from Home
- IPL Quiz Questions with Answers for Cricket Fans
- Rugby Trivia Questions for the Fans
- Animal Trivia Questions Quiz for Knowledge
- Word Trivia Questions – Challenging Vocabulary
- Chemistry Trivia Questions – Quiz for Learning
- 350+ US History Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- 200 General Trivia Questions Answers Random