Hurry for these general knowledge questions and answers geography in English free online trivia quiz printable! Here is a lot of fun and entertainment for those who love to learn new things easily. Practice makes a man perfect. Go with similar general knowledge questions and answers geography in English quizzes in order to harness your brain on different interesting geographical topics.
These general knowledge questions and answers in geography in English are collected from many sources and the solver does not need to grasp many sources and will be able to find useful GK here in the form of general knowledge questions and answers in geography in English.
Let’s solve these general knowledge questions and answers in geography in English now!
General knowledge questions and answers in geography
1. Twelve Apostles is a travel attraction in which country?
2. Valdai upland region is located in which country?
3. What are the highest and most extensive mountain range system that lies entirely in Europe?
4. What are the forests that receive a high amount of rainfall?
5. What is threatened mainly by the overuse of water and climate change?
6. What are Upwelling, and Downwelling in water?
7. An explosive eruption may create what, a large hole into which the mountain collapses?
8. The Yenisei River starts in which country and flows through Russia to the Kara Sea in the Arctic Ocean?
9. Which plains are those that have been created by erosion due to glaciers, wind, running water, and rivers?
10. What is the total area of the White Sea in Russia?
11. What is the highest mountain in the Alps and Western Europe, rising 4,808 m above sea level?
12. Which is the oldest plateau in the world?
13. The pinnacles in which national park are limestone pillars and some reach up to 3.5 m/ 11.5 ft in height?
Nambung National Park, Australia
14. The rainfall gets at least 250cm and can reach up to 400-450 inches in one year in where?
15. You can fit all of Everest in which part of the Mariana Trench and still have around 7,169 feet (2,185 meters) left to go?
16. Where is Bolshaya Muksalma located?
Island in the White Sea
17. Courmayeur city, Italy is located in which valley?
18. Where do you find the Red sand dunes?
In the Namib Desert, around Soussousvlei
19. What is the other basin country of the Barents Sea, other than Russia?
20. The highest point in the Timan Ridge, Russia is what?
21. Which river flows through Russia, China, and Mongolia on its way to the Gulf of Ob?
22. What are the most common type of volcanoes?
23. The average temperatures range from 38°C (during the day) to -3.9°C (during the night)- where?
24. Which planet has plains named ‘Sedna Planitia’?
25. What is “the martini effect”?
The Martini Effect is a slang term used in scuba diving to refer to nitrogen narcosis, the physical and mental impairment experienced by scuba divers on deeper dives
26. Which Plateau is rich in black soil?
27. Which rainforests are the ones that are most commonly found around the world?
28. What is Franz Josef Land?
29. The plain stretches from Florida to Nova Scotia, is a type of what?
30. Which Highway runs through the Panamint Valley in the Mojave Desert?
The US Highway 190
31. What is a small type of bay or coastal inlet called?
32. Which country alone has around 3.5 million miles of rivers?
The United States
33. Within four square miles of tropical rainforest, you will find how many flowering plant species?
34. Big differences in daily temperatures are experienced in which geographical feature?
35. Which Plateau is known as the Roof of the World?
36. The world’s largest artificial forest will stretch over 4,800 km/ 2,982 miles across the northern part in which country?
37. Which plains result when lava creates sheets over time, eventually yielding rich soil?
A lava plain
38. What percent of all life on earth lives in the ocean?
About 95 percent
39. Over how many types of plants that you find in the rainforest can be used to help aide in cancer treatment?
40. Moon Valley is located in which area?
41. An area with dunes is called a what?
Dune system, or a dune complex.
42. What is Kola and the Kanin?
Peninsula in Russia
43. Amur river flows through Russia, China, and Mongolia and ends where?
At the Sea of Okhotsk
44. What is also the hottest of all the deserts on our planet?
45. Where is the Massif Central located?
Highland in France
46. The Drake Passage is located in which continent?
47. Kuban River inflows from which sea?
Sea of Azov
48. What percent of the world’s forests are in underdeveloped or developed countries around the world?
49. A desert is a region that receives less than how much rain per year?
25 cm/10 inches
50. What links La Garita Caldera, Lake Toba, Cerro Guacha, and Yellowstone Caldera?
51.The word sahra in Arabic means what in English?
52. Is it the largest delta in the world?
53. What is Shanay-Timpishka?
the Boiling River in Peru
54. What is the coastline called that has experienced a fall in sea level, because of either a global sea-level change, or local uplift?
55. Tropical rainforests cover how much of Earth’s area?
Less than 3%
56. Valleys produced by tectonic action are called what?
57. What is a natural rock formation where an arch has formed with an opening underneath?
A natural arch, natural bridge, or rock arch
58. Which river passes through Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Niger, Nigeria, and Mali?
59. Trees in what location are so dense that it takes approximately 10 minutes for the rainfall to reach the ground from the canopy?
60. A coastline’s exact perimeter cannot be determined; this measurement challenge is called what?
The coastline paradox
61. There are hot deserts such as the Sahara Desert and cold desserts such as what?
The Gobi Desert
62. Khumbu Valley is located in which country?
63. The current name of which sea is after the historical Dutch navigator Willem Barentsz?
64. What is a coastal inlet formed by the partial submergence of an unglaciated river valley/
65. Which river passes through Angola, Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia, and Zimbabwe?
66. What is an accumulation of sediments shaped like a section of a shallow cone, with its apex at a point source of sediments?
An alluvial fan
67. About what percent of the flowers found in Australian rainforests are not found anywhere in the world?
68. What is a quantity of rock that has fallen freely from a cliff face?
A rockfall or rock-fall
69. The Matterhorn is a mountain of the Alps, straddling the main watershed and border between which two countries?
Switzerland and Italy
70. Kaghan Valley is located in which country?
71. The largest desert cities are Cairo in Egypt and what?
Lima in Peru
72. Rolling sand dunes as these in the Sahara desert are only found in about what percent of the world’s desert areas?
73. What is Jungfrau?
Summit in Switzerland
74. What makes up the majority of living creatures in the tropical rainforest?
75. The coral reef biome is located within the ocean but is separate from the ocean biome. T/F?
76. Deserts are found on all seven continents. T/F?
77. What is the biggest valley on Earth?
78. How many tropics are there in the world?
79. Reef-building corals grow poorly below what depth?
60–90 feet (18–27 meters)
80. Which is the longest river in Russia?
81. Where is a Valley girl from?
San Fernando Valley
82. How many people live in the desert regions of our Earth?
About one billion
83. Which river is in Saputara, Gujrat, India?
84. The term ‘hurricane’ is derived from Huracan, who is he?
A Carib god of evil
85. Approximately what percent, are located in developing countries?
86. Weisshorn Peak is located in which country?
87. There are some tropical rainforests that have been around since dinosaurs roamed the Earth. T/F?
88. What is Eyjafjallajokull?
Volcano in Iceland
89. Where does Volga River start and end?
90. Rainbow Reef is located in which country?
91. Plains existing on other planets are referred to as what?
92. The Jacob’s Well is located in which US state?
93. How many different vine species are there in the tropical rainforest?
94. Arid comes from the Latin word aridus and means what?
95. What is the largest caldera on earth?
96. What is about “Life below water” and is one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals established by the United Nations in 2015?
Sustainable Development Goal 14
97. Red River of the South is located in which country?
98. A lake inside a rainforest on the Caribbean island of Dominica sizzles at around what temperature?
99. Mount Nyiragongo is a volcano located in which country?
100. Which is the longest river in Europe?
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 200 Random Trivia Questions Answers Quiz Test
- Periodic Table Trivia Easy Questions and Answers
- Trivia in Spanish Quiz Questions
- Ecology Trivia Questions Environmental Quiz
- Geography Trivia Questions for the Beginner
- Science Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- IPL Trivia Quiz Questions for Challenge Takers
- What is the Mensa IQ test? How to Join Mensa?
- Mensa IQ Practice Test Quiz Free – Eligibility | Good Score
- 100 US State Quizzes Online, Trivia, Questions, Answers
- Trivia about Blood that Everyone Should Know
- What is the Mensa IQ Test Limit for the Genius
- Prepare for Mensa Test Professionally from Home
- IPL Quiz Questions with Answers for Cricket Fans
- Rugby Trivia Questions for the Fans
- Animal Trivia Questions Quiz for Knowledge
- Word Trivia Questions – Challenging Vocabulary
- Chemistry Trivia Questions – Quiz for Learning
- 350+ US History Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- 200 General Trivia Questions Answers Random
Leave a Reply