Geography general knowledge quiz with answers quizzes, GK questions, and answers printable free online trivia of geography and associated facts are really full of fun and entertainment in order to provide its readers pure fun and relief of mind in the hollow of stress. Evaporate the darkness of your days and laugh a lot by solving these geography general knowledge quiz with answers.
Geography general knowledge quiz with answers is for mature people with a broad mind. Many funny sides of life will be open up from these geography general knowledge quiz with answers printable.
Let’s solve these geography general knowledge quiz with answers now and share them with others!
Geography general knowledge quiz with answers
1. What is the shortest river in Europe?
2. How old is the Deccan plateau?
60 to 68 million years old
3. Most deserts consist of sandy or rocky soil or salt flats. T/F?
4. How many rivers are on earth?
5. Which soil is found in the Deccan plateau?
6. The Great Blue Hole is located in which country?
7. Rainforests only cover around what percent of the total surface area of the Earth?
8. What type of dirt is on the moon?
9. What is the edge of a plateau called?
10. What is the space between the soil particles called?
11. Which element is most on the moon?
12. A lot of people think that rivers always flow south, but 4 of the 10 longest rivers in the world flow to which direction?
13. How deep is the soil layer on Earth?
5 to 10 inches
14. Which soil has more water holding capacity?
Soils with smaller particles (silt and clay)
15. Rainforests only cover about what percent of the Earth‘s land surface?
16. Why doesn’t the Moon have an atmosphere?
Moon doesn’t have an atmosphere because it is too small and doesn’t have a strong magnetic field
17. Four of the top 10 longest rivers flow through which country at some point?
18. What is the moon’s temperature?
When sunlight hits the moon’s surface, the temperature can reach 260 degrees Fahrenheit (127 degrees Celsius). When the sun goes down, temperatures can dip to minus 280 F (minus 173 C). There are also no seasons on the Moon.
19. The Deccan plateau is located in which country?
20. What are the smallest volcanoes and result from accumulation of many small fragments of ejected material?
21. Why is moondust so fine?
Lunar dust is fine, as a powder, but it cuts like glass
22. What links The O-Horizon, The A-Horizon, The E-Horizon, The B-Horizon, and The R-Horizon?
Layers of soil
23. Rainforests only cover about what percent of all known species of the plants and animals on the earth live in the rainforest?
24. Which plains are created by rivers that deposit materials that yield soil?
25. The Sahara Desert covers most parts of North Africa and is similar in size to the land area of what countries together?
The USA or China
26. The Atlantic Ocean is known to have higher sea surface salinity (SSS) than the Pacific Ocean at all latitudes. T/F?
27. Which currents are responsible for redistributing heat at a planetary scale?
28. Which ocean is the least salty?
The Arctic Ocean
29. Nile is located in the continent of Africa, mostly in the countries of Egypt, and what?
30. What plains is one which was originally the bottom of a lake?
31. Which forests are found on all of the different continents, except for Antarctica?
32. Which coastline occurs where beds, or layers, of differing rock types are folded into ridges that run parallel to the coast?
A concordant, longitudinal, or Pacific
33. What is the largest shield volcano on Earth?
Mauna Loa Volcano in Hawaii (in the background)
34. Which desert has grown more than 10% in the last century due to climate change and other natural climatic variations?
The Sahara Desert
35. What is a narrow inlet, usually on a rocky shoreline, and is formed by differential erosion of those rocks by coastal wave action?
A surge channel
36. How many types of rainforests are there, and they include both temperate and tropical?
37. The Surface currents, therefore, form rotating systems in the middle of the ocean systems, called what?
38. What of our freshwater is found in tropical rainforests?
39. What is the part of a sea, lake, or river that is close to the shore?
The littoral zone or nearshore
40. what is the world’s largest hot desert?
The Sahara Desert
41. Half Moon Lake in downtown Eau Claire is a what type of lake?
42. Which plain is an area of the ocean basin which could be flat or sloping very gently?
An abyssal plain
43. The Valdai Hills in Russia is a popular tourist destination, particularly for what?
44. What is an accumulation of unconsolidated debris, sometimes referred to as glacial till that occurs in both currently and formerly glaciated regions?
45. What is the elevation of the Mont Blanc?
46. What amount of natural medicines have been discovered in rainforests?
47. What is a relatively flat, horizontal, or gently inclined surface of marine origin?
A raised beach, coastal terrace, or perched coastline
48. What is the length of the Parana River, passing through Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay?
49. Which delta is known as Sundarban?
Ganga-Brahmaputra-Meghna river delta shared by India and Bangladesh
50. What is the largest desert in Australia?
Great Victoria Desert
51. what percent or more of the plants that are used to treat cancer are found only in the tropical rainforests on the planet?
52. Which word is usually used at night to describe less than 3/8 opaque clouds, no precipitation, no extremes of visibility, temperature or winds?
53. The Pinnacles Desert is located in the Western part of which country?
54. What typically takes the form of a mound, ridge, or hill?
55. Which country in Africa has no river?
56. Deep-water Currents are Horizontal currents. T/F?
57. There was around how much area of rainforest in the beginning?
6 million square miles, now it’s less than half
58. If you were to get a cut past 32.8 feet (10 meters) in the ocean, your blood would look what color?
59. Sakurajima volcano is located in which country?
60. The Namib stretches from which country through Namibia towards South Africa over 2,000 km/ 1,200 miles?
61. A large volcanic crater, especially one formed by a major eruption leading to the collapse of the mouth of the volcano is called what?
62. Timan Ridge is a Highland in which country?
63. Which country has the longest coastline in Africa?
64. What is the sunniest city in the United States?
Yuma, AZ, receives 90% of possible sunshine each year.
65. In Antarctica, which currents pump nitrogen and phosphates up from the deep sea to blooms of algae and other plants?
66. What is the largest city in the Mojave desert?
Las Vegas with roughly 3 million people
67. What are geographical features found on coastlines and lakeshores that are created primarily by longshore drift?
Cuspate forelands, also known as cuspate barriers or nesses in Britain
68. What country has no lakes?
69. Some coasts fronts on the open ocean and are called what?
70. Coriolis effect is a cause of ocean currents. T/F?
71. The Mojave Desert is located in which country?
72. What is the length of the Rio Tinto river, Spain?
73. What is the optimum tmparature for the Coral reefs to grow best?
70–85° F or 21–29° C
74. The Northern latitude is called what ?
Tropic of Cancer
75. Russians knew the Barents Sea in the Middle Ages as what?
The Murman Sea
76. Which cape is named after Fridtjof Nansen?
Cape Nansen (Greenland)
77. The White Sea is a southern inlet of the which sea located on the northwest coast of Russia?
78. Katanga plateau is located in which country?
79. What is the Parent range of Matterhorn mountain in Europe?
80. The Great Green Wall project aims to combat the desertification by planting 88 billion of fast growing trees in which desert?
81. Montjuïc is a hill in which city in Spain?
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
82. What is the length of the Kern River, USA?
83. What is the breaking down of rocks, soils, and minerals as well as wood and artificial materials through contact with water, atmospheric gases, and biological organisms?
84. What is the highest mountain in Austria?
85. Which ocean is saltiest?
86. How many Alpaline countries are there?
87. What is Kosa Biryuchyy Ostrov?
Island in the Sea of Azov
88. In geology, what is a long, narrow inlet with steep sides or cliffs, created by a glacier?
A fjord or fiord
89. Potomac River is located in which country?
90. Lötschental Valley is located in Which country?
91. Which desert is known as the driest (non-polar) desert in the world?
92. The three main types of valleys are what?
The V-shaped valley,
The flat-floored valley, and
The U-shaped valley
93. What is sometimes regarded as a northern extension of the Black Sea?
Sea of Azov
94. Yellow river end where?
At the Bohai Sea
95. Yosemite Valley is located in which country?
96. Composite, shield, cinder cones, and supervolcanoes are what?
The main types of volcanoes
97. Which desert formed in the 1960s in Uzbekistan when the irrigation area drained the waters from the Aral lake?
98. What is the process of erosion that occurs during rock collision and transportation?
99. The Lena River flows through Russia on its way to the Laptev Sea in which ocean?
100. What involves the processes that cause the wearing away of the Earth’s surface by moving water, by ice, by wind, and by waves?
More Interesting Trivia and Quizzes
- 200 Random Trivia Questions Answers Quiz Test
- Periodic Table Trivia Easy Questions and Answers
- Trivia in Spanish Quiz Questions
- Ecology Trivia Questions Environmental Quiz
- Geography Trivia Questions for the Beginner
- Science Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- IPL Trivia Quiz Questions for Challenge Takers
- What is the Mensa IQ test? How to Join Mensa?
- Mensa IQ Practice Test Quiz Free – Eligibility | Good Score
- 100 US State Quizzes Online, Trivia, Questions, Answers
- Trivia about Blood that Everyone Should Know
- What is the Mensa IQ Test Limit for the Genius
- Prepare for Mensa Test Professionally from Home
- IPL Quiz Questions with Answers for Cricket Fans
- Rugby Trivia Questions for the Fans
- Animal Trivia Questions Quiz for Knowledge
- Word Trivia Questions – Challenging Vocabulary
- Chemistry Trivia Questions – Quiz for Learning
- 350+ US History Trivia Questions and Answers Quiz Test
- 200 General Trivia Questions Answers Random